• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear Missouri....I'm looking forward to the game...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to one of the annoying Mizzou posters, this is a matchup to get Herman.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually Mizzou gets to fire coaches of underachieving powers. Playing a team that has confidence because they've fired their coach is foreign territory.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was that a pyramid of twinkies?

oh, and if she's wearing that wig, would.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats there to hate on at Mizzou. Oh yeah they made it to the conference championship in their 2nd and 3rd seasons in the conference they weren't supposed to belong. And in 2014 they were just a few arm tackles away from playing FSU in the NC.

OK OK things haven't gone our way this year YET. Nobody has seemed to notice that Drew Locke has passed for almost 400 yards a game and has 14 passing TDs. Not sure about our running game and I'm perplexed by a defense that should be better but, Mizzou WILL light it up through the air. DBU better be ready.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured Tigers were all over the deep south, like alligators and confederate flags.
LSU and Missouri are Civil War related. Not sure if Auburn is the same, I know their other two mascot/war cry/ whatever the hell they call it are.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Missouri are Civil War related. Not sure if Auburn is the same, I know their other two mascot/war cry/ whatever the hell they call it are.
Missouri and Kansas has a lot of ties including burning down each others towns. Lawrence was burned down by raiders from Missouri. The Lawrence militia was called the Jayhawkers, and believe it or not Columbia, MO had a volunteer militia called the Tigers. That's where both of those teams got their names. I don't know much about the part Louisiana played, but I'm sure Quantrell's confederate raiders spent some time there as he did Missouri. Quantrell's men killed 2 or 3 of my ancestors at least. They were peaceful German farmers and Northern sympathizers. The town I live in here in Mizzou was taken and destroyed 3 times and the sherrif killed all 3 times. This was a terrible border state.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri and Kansas has a lot of ties including burning down each others towns. Lawrence was burned down by raiders from Missouri. The Lawrence militia was called the Jayhawkers, and believe it or not Columbia, MO had a volunteer militia called the Tigers. That's where both of those teams got their names. I don't know much about the part Louisiana played, but I'm sure Quantrell's confederate raiders spent some time there as he did Missouri. Quantrell's men killed 2 or 3 of my ancestors at least. They were peaceful German farmers and Northern sympathizers. The town I live in here in Mizzou was taken and destroyed 3 times and the sherrif killed all 3 times. This was a terrible border state.

So all of this and the two programs don't even play each other anymore. Secretly was an intense rivalry, how stupid that they don't even play now. I mean what's the excuse not to play? Missouri needs a power 5 opponent anyways and Kansas might as well lose to the Missouri Tigers instead of the Memphis Tigers every year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all of this and the two programs don't even play each other anymore. Secretly was an intense rivalry, how stupid that they don't even play now. I mean what's the excuse not to play? Missouri needs a power 5 opponent anyways and Kansas might as well lose to the Missouri Tigers instead of the Memphis Tigers every year
Last I checked Kansas is still bitter and Mizzou would sign on in a heartbeat.

I've seen a KU fan say 'they've got no reason to play Mizzou' which is kind of the same defense they use for not having a rivalry with Wichita St in basketball. Jayhawks basically have Kansas City Metro on lockdown.

I'd love to see the rivalry still going. I'd even settle for Kansas St.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conference shake ups have ruined a lot of rivalries.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked Kansas is still bitter and Mizzou would sign on in a heartbeat.

I've seen a KU fan say 'they've got no reason to play Mizzou' which is kind of the same defense they use for not having a rivalry with Wichita St in basketball. Jayhawks basically have Kansas City Metro on lockdown.

I'd love to see the rivalry still going. I'd even settle for Kansas St.

Seems like Kansas only wants the rivalry if they can win, they consider the possibility of getting outclassed by Wichita State too risky( which happened a few years ago). Which is probably why they chose to schedule Missouri in basketball now when Missouri basketball is a mess

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference shake ups have ruined a lot of rivalries.

No doubt, it was fine when programs got added from smaller conferences, but when the bigger conferences started going at each other is when it all went to shit.

Well then again the Big East had some decent rivalries too

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Kansas only wants the rivalry if they can win, they consider the possibility of getting outclassed by Wichita State too risky( which happened a few years ago). Which is probably why they chose to schedule Missouri in basketball now when Missouri basketball is a mess
Lawrence is only 40 miles from KC while Columbia is about 120 miles from Kansas City. KU fans are generally clumped into Lawrence, Topeka, Kansas City KS. Its the wealthy part of Kansas but its not a very big area to work with. Keeping Kansas City MO in their fold is probably essential to them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, it was fine when programs got added from smaller conferences, but when the bigger conferences started going at each other is when it all went to shit.

Well then again the Big East had some decent rivalries too
Rivalries don't matter anymore. Only money. Once they all get "enough" money, then they'll bring 'em all back...IF they ever get enough money.

But, there are attempts....

Texas Motor Speedway wants to host Texas-Texas A&M in front of 200k people

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU still plays outdoor sports?