• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadspin a little critical of Jimmy B.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Is Why Nobody Should Play For Jim Boeheim

Jim Boeheim continues to be a giant shit. On this morning's episode of SportsCenter, the Syracuse coach got on some snake shit and did what he could to damage Tyler Ennis's career. He did this because he sucks.

NBC Sports doesn't seem to think much of him either.

Jim Boeheim?s draft advice for Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant is hogwash | ProBasketballTalk

But Boeheim – who stands to make even more money if these talented players return and help him win games – is even in worse position to advise these two. He has a huge conflict of interest, and by making up “facts” to get what he wants, he’s exploiting it.

I've not been a fan of Boeheim's for a while now, but this seems dickish even for him.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he really said was physically he needs another year in college.

Name one kid who came back as a guaranteed lottery pick for SU? He always tells him them to go, shit I've criticized him before for not being selfish about it.

He always has told them to go and always will if they are sure fire lottery picks. Just because he said he needs another year physically and he wasn't playing on Dion Waiters level (because he isn't Dion athletically) doesn't mean he didn't tell Tyler to go.

If Ennis stayed another year his stock could probably only go down. We all know this.

Inside sources claim Grants on his way out too.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck deadspin and nbc......he gave them praises and then honestly says they arent as physical as they need to be in nba and suddenly he is sinking their nba careers.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck deadspin and nbc......he gave them praises and then honestly says they arent as physical as they need to be in nba and suddenly he is sinking their nba careers.

I love it when people use logic, thank you good sir.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 1st rounder comment was pretty moronic.

Regarding half them being out of the league last 3 years.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he really said was physically he needs another year in college.

Name one kid who came back as a guaranteed lottery pick for SU? He always tells him them to go, shit I've criticized him before for not being selfish about it.

He always has told them to go and always will if they are sure fire lottery picks. Just because he said he needs another year physically and he wasn't playing on Dion Waiters level (because he isn't Dion athletically) doesn't mean he didn't tell Tyler to go.

If Ennis stayed another year his stock could probably only go down. We all know this.

Inside sources claim Grants on his way out too.

Boeheim doesn't need to be critical of his player that just left. Even if it's an honest assessment he shouldn't say it if he has any loyalty to his players at all (something I hear about Boeheim all the time.. his undying loyalty)

You act like Boeheim has a gun to his head. There is another option you know... Wish the guy well and STFU. It's not like his only other option is to lie and say the kid's going to be the MVP in his first season. Or, he could even just focus on the positives, and not mention the negatives.

But he didn't do that. He decided to be a dick. You can rationalize it any way you want, but it's a dick move.

Also, I agree with fuck deadspin and NBC, but just because IU don't like them doesn't mean they aren't right in this case.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the comments themselves aren't really anything to get worked up about. He probably could have boosted Ennis up a bit more but it's nothing major. The backlash more likely is just due to Boeheim's reputation for being an asshole anyway. So no matter what he says, even if truthful, people will go at him for it.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boeheim doesn't need to be critical of his player that just left. Even if it's an honest assessment he shouldn't say it if he has any loyalty to his players at all (something I hear about Boeheim all the time.. his undying loyalty)

You act like Boeheim has a gun to his head. There is another option you know... Wish the guy well and STFU. It's not like his only other option is to lie and say the kid's going to be the MVP in his first season. Or, he could even just focus on the positives, and not mention the negatives.

But he didn't do that. He decided to be a dick. You can rationalize it any way you want, but it's a dick move.

Also, I agree with fuck deadspin and NBC, but just because IU don't like them doesn't mean they aren't right in this case.

I don't think he should of said anything publicly about it either, but Boeheim tells it like it is, he just doesn't give a fuck. Clearly I'd rather him not say it to the extent he did but he was right after all.

Boeheim does have a gun to his head, he's pointing at himself!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should of said anything publicly about it either, but Boeheim tells it like it is, he just doesn't give a fuck. Clearly I'd rather him not say it to the extent he did but he was right after all.

Boeheim does have a gun to his head, he's pointing at himself!

If I played for the guy, I'd certainly hope he'd give a fuck.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have tape of Jimmy B last year when he went off on a reporter after the final 4 loss? It was :laugh3:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I played for the guy, I'd certainly hope he'd give a fuck.

No he doesn't care what people think about him.

His assessment wasn't wrong. He cares about his players and they know it. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His assessment wasn't wrong. He cares about his players and they know it. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

Actions have consequences, often outside of yourself. Jim can not give a fuck all he wants, and he can not care what people think all he wants, but he's either a retard for not understanding those words effect more than just himself, or he's an asshole for not caring, that the effect more than just himself.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Is Why Nobody Should Play For Jim Boeheim

NBC Sports doesn't seem to think much of him either.

Jim Boeheim?s draft advice for Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant is hogwash | ProBasketballTalk

I've not been a fan of Boeheim's for a while now, but this seems dickish even for him.

Deadspin as your source. Really? Either you just hate the guy for some reason or you are bored with no life. Ill go with both. Try not being a coward and rip on others favorite teams and coaches when you dont even list your own. Have a great day!!:suds:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadspin as your source. Really? Either you just hate the guy for some reason or you are bored with no life. Ill go with both. Try not being a coward and rip on others favorite teams and coaches when you dont even list your own. Have a great day!!:suds:

I've made no secret of my dislike for Jim Boeheim, so you're pointing it out as if that somehow dismisses his actions is pretty lame. And I already motioned my dislike of Deadspin too for that matter, but it doesn't make what Boeheim said, any less shitty. (nor was it my only source)

If I'd ripped on Boeheim in order to take a shot at you, then you might have a point about me not listing my favorite team, but since I did it as a shot at Boeheim, and nothing more, your criticism have no merit.

So Go fuck yourself if you don't like it!! :suds:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't see how anyone can get that worked up over what he said. He didn't really say much IMO. His comments about being physically ready were probably directed at Grant who I don't believe is even close to being ready to play with those guys. He's gonna get eaten alive in the NBA right now. As far as the money , I think that was a stretch to say the least. Boeheim has been around a long time and has no trouble bringing in talent yr in and yr out. He's going to make money no matter who wears the uniform. He's plenty rich right now , Tyler Ennis isn't going to make him any more wealthy.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see how anyone can get that worked up over what he said. He didn't really say much IMO. His comments about being physically ready were probably directed at Grant who I don't believe is even close to being ready to play with those guys. He's gonna get eaten alive in the NBA right now. As far as the money , I think that was a stretch to say the least. Boeheim has been around a long time and has no trouble bringing in talent yr in and yr out. He's going to make money no matter who wears the uniform. He's plenty rich right now , Tyler Ennis isn't going to make him any more wealthy.

People who don't like him love this kind of shit.

Grants waist line looks like a 30. He falls down after every play. But his ceilings high.

A lot people in Cuse saying tomorrow or Wednesday he announces he's heading to the NBA.

His father is coming up to talk with JB tomorrow.