• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dbacks vs. Gnats Series Thread (8/30-9/1)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Eaton for the future... he's going to be a legit leadoff bat and once he starts stealing bases (only a matter of time) he will be awesome as a leadoff guy with that speed. Prado is a perfect two hole hitter, but he can plug into the 5th spot as well. Goldy can hit 3rd or cleanup... doesn't matter to him. I like Hill, but not as a cleanup guy... I think he'd be a nice fit in the 5 hole. I really hope we can add a legit clean up batter this offseason. We have the prospects and depth to do it no question. As long as we don't trade Bradley or Trahan I'm cool with giving up some of our higher rated prospects. Most of our core guys that are up already are young anyways.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't impressed with Holmberg, I'd be okay with shipping him out. Not Skaggs though, I still think he has it if he can add some zip to his fastball. And our pitching staff will hopefully be improved, we just need a true ace for next year and some bullpen arms. Corbin is falling back to Earth quickly and the real Corbin has shown up.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't impressed with Holmberg, I'd be okay with shipping him out. Not Skaggs though, I still think he has it if he can add some zip to his fastball. And our pitching staff will hopefully be improved, we just need a true ace for next year and some bullpen arms. Corbin is falling back to Earth quickly and the real Corbin has shown up.

Yeah, I actually still like Skaggs quite a bit. I wouldn't want to trade him. Miley, Holmberg, Delgado, Cahill, McCarthy, Davidson, Pollock, Owings, etc should all be available though.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corbin is falling back to Earth quickly and the real Corbin has shown up.

Eh, he had a terrible start in his last outing, but he has still been good overall. He's coming towards the end of a season in which he has worked more than he ever has before, it's understandable that he will have some rough starts.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Corbin is our ace from here on out. His future is even brighter than Bradley's just because he has done it now.

Now I wonder if at any point we will shut him down for the year so he doesn't get hurt. We are in that horrible spot where we are close enough to not be out of the race and far enough for us to not be a huge threat.

Lights

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy the clear cut MVP this year but with Harvey out, looks as if its another Kershaw Cy

Lights

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noodle arm Blanco sends a 9 hopper to the cutoff.....what else is new?

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Corbin is our ace from here on out. His future is even brighter than Bradley's just because he has done it now.

Now I wonder if at any point we will shut him down for the year so he doesn't get hurt. We are in that horrible spot where we are close enough to not be out of the race and far enough for us to not be a huge threat.

I think that they should shut him down after a couple of more starts (not including today's game) if they are more than 6 games out of the playoffs.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy needs to finish the season strong if he wants to win the MVP!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in favor of giving Corbin 1 more start then shutting him down if we are further than 7 GB when he makes his next start.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy needs to finish the season strong if he wants to win the MVP!

This last month will be make or break for him... if he really wants to win it then he has to separate himself even more. Since we're probably not making the playoffs he's going to need to play so well that voters have no choice but to vote for him.

Lights

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get that BA above .300 and keep that OBP above .400 and the rest will follow

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy is slumping right now. I just don't know if it will happen. His numbers need to be .300+ 35 & 115-120 to get serious consideration.