• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day in court

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Kelly, Wick Sollers and Co. in court with NCAA, praying this gets standing and they get to bring NCAA to its knees by gaining discovery and access to all their records, email and financials.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so but I highly doubt it. Common sense never prevails. It makes no sense to punish a team or past records when no NCAA violations were broken.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this sounds like an encouraging tweet

StacyParksMiller ‏@StacyPMiller
Stopped into ncaa hearing. Ncaa lawyer mentioned benefits of consent decree for PSU.Judge practically scoffed, interrupted, BENEFITS?Laughs.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the NCAA argued how much the consent decree benefitted PSU. The big thing that will likely play a big role if Paternos can get standing is the wording by NCAA that Joe played an active role in a cover up since 1998. Sounds good so far. Hell, even the judge that dismissed Corbett's case said the case had merits, just not in the forum in which it was presented....ie, it did not meet antitrust, but in another arena it would be a viable case. Discovery would be fantastic. would also be great to see these assholes with their tails between their legs wiping all sanctions and being forced to give back the wins.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point during this morning's hearing in the "Paterno Lawsuit", Judge Leete, who was clearly well-informed about the case, chided the #NCAA Attorney Johnson when he quoted NCAA rules. The judge replied, "but you didn't use any of the rules when designing the consent decree" and then chuckled.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With regard to the lawsuit against the #NCAA, the main question that remains to be answered is: is #PSU an indispensable party? If so, then the case does not have standing.

The plaintiff's position is that PSU is NOT an indispensable party. They used the #Corman case from 9/4/13 to support its position. In that case, the court ruled in favor of the suit progressing without PSU being a party to it.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the next court date, what are they ruling on, and what do you see happening once the judge rules?

I'm just really hoping 2 things happen. Restore the wins and let us play in bowl games. Yes I think PSU should have to pay the victims but I also think Sandusky should have to pay the victims money other then just rotting in jail.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the next court date, what are they ruling on, and what do you see happening once the judge rules?

I'm just really hoping 2 things happen. Restore the wins and let us play in bowl games. Yes I think PSU should have to pay the victims but I also think Sandusky should have to pay the victims money other then just rotting in jail.

Judge will rule on standing, if PSU gains it, discovery would be on deck, which NCAA wants no part of.

As for paying the victims, why should they be on the hook for every victim of Jerry Sandusky when they reported this to the place where he was gaining access to his victims, Second Mile foundation. They also reported to CYS, who let him adopt children, yet PSU is on the hook for everything? You should really go read Blehars blog and everything he has written on this, makes very valid points and gives tons of evidence....also says PSU insurance company who's paying these settlements could end up suing University eventually over it once everything comes out from the Kane/FBI investigation into members of second Mile and PSU BOT.