• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Day 2 Games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dayton get to play 3 home games as the 11 seed? That's nice.....

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ I really want to know how that was possible. You can't tell me that nobody on the committee noticed this possibility.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 1m1 minute ago

If the goal of officials is to not be noticed, they've failed here in Columbus today. A big story in three of four games.

Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell 3m3 minutes ago

The technical foul just called in the Providence game is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Corey Clark/TDO.com ‏@Corey_Clark 4m4 minutes ago

Nothing against Dayton. At all. But kind of messed up the 11 seed gets to essentially play home game.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real Dayton didn't win today because it was close to home

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Na I know they didn't and I wasn't saying that.

Just ridiculous that a 11 seed would get to play so close to home in 3 straight games. This isn't a top 4 seed.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

providence best player being put on the bench in the first 2 minutes of the game because of awful calls changed the game. providence doesn't deserve to win this game and no one should lose sleep over it though.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dayton didn't play that well either but an entertaining game and first upset of the day!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providence didn't deserve to win at all.

But it doesn't change the refs incompetence that mostly worked in Daytons favor and that they had a home game

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These refs are hilariously bad. That tech was bullshit.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else have a perfect day? Salud :suds:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're playing out of their minds.

And look at their region. Duke? Gonzaga? Is that seriously the best that region has to offer?

Duke and Gonzaga are not Davidson. They will put a lot of points on the board.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke and Gonzaga are not Davidson. They will put a lot of points on the board.

I'm fairly confident they can play with Duke. They went on the road and handled North Carolina just fine.

Gonzaga I don't really know anything about. Nobody does. They haven't played anyone.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly confident they can play with Duke. They went on the road and handled North Carolina just fine.

Gonzaga I don't really know anything about. Nobody does. They haven't played anyone.

That win against UNC was early and the Heels were not, and still are not, world-beaters (very good at times but not great).

Gonzaga went toe-to-toe with Arizona in Tucson. Took them to OT. That team is poised.

I'm just not sure how consistent Iowa's game truly is. Did we see one of their flashes or will they continue to play hard? I think they were pretty much in every game they lost this year (except at the Kohl Center) so I'm probably not giving them due credit, but I do think they're done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dayton get to play 3 home games as the 11 seed? That's nice.....

would you believe me if I told you i am an alum of UD? :)

unreal. They dismissed two kids in November.

Dayton Flyers dismiss Devon Scott, Jalen Robinson - ESPN

One was the starting center- and basically the only player on the team over 6 foot 8 that is any good. Despite having a chance to make some noise again after last years historic run to the Elite 8- the Flyers did not sweep it under the rug or make exceptions or excuses. The two players were dismissed.

For most of the season they have played only a 7 man rotation. Despite getting to the A10 Final, beating VCU a week before, and finishing with a 25-8 record- the Committee gave Dayton NO respect- and made them play in- when Lunardi had them in as a sure thing.

Dayton was playing its 5th game in 8 days tonight- a game that ended past 1 AM.

"The Flyers have been the busiest team in the country lately, so they might not have minded the 10:53 ET tip-off. Anything to get a little extra rest. Though both teams played as if it was past their bedtimes in the first 11 minutes. With nine minutes left in the first half, Dayton was up 9-5."

I will tell you- Dayton fans travel- last year they practically played in Syracuse's back yard and had the crowd advantage- while they went on their way to beat Syracuse, Ohio State (only time ill root against the Bucks!), and Stanford.- I almost feel bad for Providence walking into that crowd that- to say it mildly- was hostile.

Jordan Sibert can make some serious history if he can lead the Flyers to the Sweet 16. What a great FU to the committee who said Dayton was the last team in and did not pass "the eye test". They absolutely deserved that cushy region. What a joke- 25-8 and some very good wins- Texas A&M, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, VCU, Richmond, St. Joes, George Mason, Boise State and now Providence.

GO DAYTON FLYERS.

i am gonna have a hangover tomorrow!!!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was early in the yr but they play zona at zona in one of the better games of the season

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win against UNC was early and the Heels were not, and still are not, world-beaters (very good at times but not great).

Gonzaga went toe-to-toe with Arizona in Tucson. Took them to OT. That team is poised.

I'm just not sure how consistent Iowa's game truly is. Did we see one of their flashes or will they continue to play hard? I think they were pretty much in every game they lost this year (except at the Kohl Center) so I'm probably not giving them due credit, but I do think they're done.

Well I do and they aren't. We've played better toward the end of the year-since Aaron White decided to carry the team, but we just recently were beaten by Penn St in the B1G Tourney.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa beat the Zags (I have it that way in my bracket), but I'm certainly not expecting it.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dayton is 75 miles away from Columbus. What other teams are playing in the tourney that are 75 miles away from their home court? Both Boise St. and Dayton got screwed having to play an extra game. Gotlieb may be the worst game announcer I've ever heard. He's a pseudo medical doctor, psychologist, etc etc. He plays favorites, doesn't like WVU, really dislikes Dayton.