• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Price responds to criticism from David Ortiz

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Price claims he isn't bothered by David Ortiz's angry tirade following the latest dust-up between the Tampa Bay Rays and Boston Red Sox.

But Price evidently was, at the very least, annoyed by Ortiz's declaration of "war" against him.

"He was mad, so I get it," Price told reporters Saturday, referring to Ortiz's postgame comments Friday. "We all say stupid stuff when we're mad. [I have] been there. I'm sure he probably wishes he wouldn't have said some of the things he said. You can't relate the game that we play to a war.

"Kellen Winslow got a lot of crap for saying he was a soldier. You're not a soldier. This is not war. We have troops fighting for us that are in a war. It's not a good comparison."

Ortiz was outraged Friday after Price drilled him with a first-pitch 94 mph fastball, setting the tone for a game that featured another benches-clearing incident between the AL East rivals. Ortiz, who homered twice off Price in last year's ALDS, said he had lost all respect for the former Cy Young Award winner after Boston's walk-off victory.

"I mean, it's a war," Ortiz said. "It's on. Next time he hits me, he better bring the gloves. I have no respect for him no more."

Price chose not to address Ortiz's comments Friday night but was much more talkative Saturday.

Source: ESPN

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowpoke_AG_anime.png

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ortiz looked like SUCH a punkass bitch.

Gets beaned.

Doesn't do shit but run his mouth.

Teammate gets plunked.

After the game?

"Next time I see that guy..."

Yeah, right. You had 9 fucking innings to do something and chose not to but yeah, "next time" you're going to kick his ass. Right. Kids that did shit like that in school got called the punks they were.

David Price would kick his old, fat ass anyway.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ortiz looked like SUCH a punkass bitch.

Gets beaned.

Teammate gets plunked.

After the game?

"Next time I see that guy..."

Yeah, right. You had 9 fucking innings to do something and chose not to but yeah, "next time" you're going to kick his ass. Right. Kids that did shit like that in school got called the punks they were.

David Price would kick his old, fat ass anyway.

Sox fan, and I kind agree. Papi needs to chill out.... Price is a little beoch, too. Who holds a grudge from last season?? The league is full of primadonnas....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox fan, and I kind agree. Papi needs to chill out.... Price is a little beoch, too. Who holds a grudge from last season?? The league is full of primadonnas....

especially over a misunderstanding? the home run was barely fair. Ortiz couldn't tell if it was fair or not.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loser in all this but its in reality only 1 game:suds:

MLB has suspended Brandon Workman for six games and fined him an undisclosed amount for throwing at Evan Longoria on Saturday.
It's not clear if Workman will appeal the suspension or serve it immediately. He's currently scheduled to start Wednesday against the Indians. For what it's worth, David Price did not receive any punishment for his actions on Saturday. Jun 3 - 3:14 PM

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still hope the Diamondbacks get shit settled with the Dodgers at some point. Preferably with that prick Kershaw at the plate.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loser in all this but its in reality only 1 game:suds:

MLB has suspended Brandon Workman for six games and fined him an undisclosed amount for throwing at Evan Longoria on Saturday.
It's not clear if Workman will appeal the suspension or serve it immediately. He's currently scheduled to start Wednesday against the Indians. For what it's worth, David Price did not receive any punishment for his actions on Saturday. Jun 3 - 3:14 PM

Price
2 batters hit
no ejection
0 games suspended

Workman
0 batters hit
ejected
6 game suspension

:noidea:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price
2 batters hit
no ejection
0 games suspended

Workman
0 batters hit
ejected
6 game suspension

:noidea:

Maybe Workman hit Longoria's imaginary friend?