• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Ortiz on Biogenesis free pass talk- 'they can shove it'

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ortiz has defended himself in the face of rumors and innuendo about performance-enhancing drug use before.

On Monday night, the Boston Red Sox slugger went for the jugular.

Ortiz, in response to a segment he said he saw earlier in the day on MLB Network, called the channel's commentators out for their analysis about recent comments over Orioles outfielder Nelson Cruz, after they said Ortiz might have gotten a "free pass" in MLB's Biogenesis investigation because he had been on a list of players who apparently tested positive in 2003 MLB survey testing.

Cruz was voted into next week's All-Star Game a year removed from a 50-game, Biogenesis-related suspension.

"In this country, nobody gets a free pass," Ortiz said, according to WEEI.com of Boston. "He wants to make it sound like I got a free pass because nobody can point fingers at me directly. But the reason why I got that fake [expletive] free pass that he's saying is because they pointed fingers at me with no proof.

Source: ESPN Boston

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used so spare us the indignant act. :L

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Ryan Braun, ARod, Rafael Palmeiro, Lance Armstrong and David Ortiz have in common?

They have all vehemently denied roid use.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did admit that he tested positive to banned substances in 2003. His only explanation was that he may have been too careless with the legal supplements he took. That's not technically not proof, but its certainly very strong evidence.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can scream all he wants but no one is listening. It would be difficult to find a sane baseball fan who believes Ortiz hasn't cheated. He did , we all know it and that is that

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We deserve the truth Papi!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really couldn't care less whether anyone used, but it would be nice if Sox fans didn't continue to accuse Bautista/Cruz/Davis/etc. and turn a blind eye to Ortiz.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really couldn't care less whether anyone used, but it would be nice if Sox fans didn't continue to accuse Bautista/Cruz/Davis/etc. and turn a blind eye to Ortiz.

I am with you. I don't care that they did it either. They all did it so I don't see where an unfair advantage was gained.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Ryan Braun, ARod, Rafael Palmeiro, Lance Armstrong and David Ortiz have in common?

They have all vehemently denied roid use.

I hate to see Papi mix in with that crowd of trash. There are none lower in all of sports.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can scream all he wants but no one is listening. It would be difficult to find a sane baseball fan who believes Ortiz hasn't cheated. He did , we all know it and that is that

And yet it's taboo to accuse others like Pujols, Roidier Molina or Beltran when they're guilty as fuck. :scratch:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see Papi mix in with that crowd of trash. There are none lower in all of sports.

Really? Guys that took banned substances are lower than guys like Aarron Hernandez, Marvin Harrison, Rae Carruth and OJ Simpson???

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet it's taboo to accuse others like Pujols, Roidier Molina or Beltran when they're guilty as fuck. :scratch:

it isn't taboo for me. I'll bet my life literally that Pujols especially has cheated his whole career - not to mention he's 4yrs older than he claims

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forgot Ray Lewis who's basically OJ's equal

From what I read, it never seemed to me like he was the one that actually did it. He was there and definitely helped/tried to cover it up, but didn't actually commit the murders (from what I read).

But you can include him as well... And probably a few hundred other professional athletes.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a free pass, because everyone back then got a free pass... I wouldn't clump him together with the new guys, though... Once the league started testing (seriously) and stopped supplying (yeah, I said it), Ortiz has remained 'clean'...

The whole steroid era was MLB created. It is over now, and the ones still using are idiots and deserved to be chastised...

Oh, and Buck Showalter is an idiot...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a free pass, because everyone back then got a free pass... I wouldn't clump him together with the new guys, though... Once the league started testing (seriously) and stopped supplying (yeah, I said it), Ortiz has remained 'clean'...

The whole steroid era was MLB created. It is over now, and the ones still using are idiots and deserved to be chastised...

Oh, and Buck Showalter is an idiot...

The problem is that until there is random in-game testing, cheating is idiot-proof.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...really? Just off the top of my head:

Josh Lueke Is A Rapist, You Say? Keep Saying It.

Ex-major leaguer Mel Hall receives 45-year sentence in sex case - ESPN

Matt Bush: From No. 1 draft pick to DC# C07392 | FOX Sports on MSN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donté_Stallworth#Personal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Harrison

If you think using performance enhancing drugs to try to improve performance (something that's been going on for a long time, going back to Mantle/Aaron/etc. using amphetamines) is worse than r*pe/manslaughter/etc, then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that until there is random in-game testing, cheating is idiot-proof.

You could test after every at bat, guys are still going to take and get away with it. Of the 15 guys suspended in the biogensis scandal, only 2 ever failed a drug test; Braun 2 years prior and Arod in 2003 during the survey testing.

You may not be able to take any PED you want, but if you're smart you can still take PED's and never fail a drug test. The scientists who make the stuff are generally a few steps ahead of the testers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think using performance enhancing drugs to try to improve performance (something that's been going on for a long time, going back to Mantle/Aaron/etc. using amphetamines) is worse than r*pe/manslaughter/etc, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, that's what I think. :L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would anybody really be surprised if evidence came to light that big poopy used PED?