• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Ash is done, smart move

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC, Goldbug. That's terrible.

Yea, it was real bad. He left a wife and two kids in grade school who really struggled with what happened. I gave her a good job to help out. She was a good employee but it haunted me when I'd see her sitting at her desk sometimes just staring out the window. They eventually moved back to Tennessee to be near her parents. Never heard from her again except a short letter thanking me for my support. Hope she made it.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend who had several concussions during his younger days and 15 years later he told me he couldn't keep things straight in his head, he had hellish headaches and he sometimes felt like he was "in another dimension". But the worst part according to him was the days he simply didn't have the mental energy to do his job. He went to the doctor a couple of times but there wasn't anything they could do for him. He committed suicide at 41. I know it was the concussions.

Awful. Sorry to hear about your buddy. If one good thing has come from the politically correct football culture we are in now - it is concussion awareness. Texas did the right thing by never rushing him back in last year. Ash is doing the right thing now.

Kid got to play football and be the starting QB at one of the biggest programs in the country for 3 years. Now he gets to move to a different chapter in his life and hopefully live a good one.

:suds: