• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Aardsma

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Mariners move quickly to pick him up if the Dodgers release him. He could be just what the doc ordered....for our bullpen anyway. There is little hope for the rest of the team.

Iwakuma, as I stated in a previous post, looks like a lost cause this season. He's at least a month away still, and suffering setbacks with regularity.

Cano - seems like every day i hear a new excuse for him. The latest comes from the hitting coach Howard Johnson. Yeah, i've seen this movie before. Didn't like it then either.

The one bright news is that the acquisition of Castillo seems to have had a positive affect on Zunino's offense. It isn't glaringly noticeable, but it's there.

Lord Farquhar is now starting in Tacoma? LOL. WTF? Desperate times, people. Desperate times.

Rounding out the rest of the starters:
LoMo - on pace for 42 RBI. He's no better than Smoak, but seems to be a better teammate.
Miller - back at SS. Too bad Ketel Marte went down. I was ready to see what he could do at the MLB level.
Seagar - latest hot streak seems to haave ended. But he is fine. No complaints. Glad they had the good sense to lock him up long term.
Smith/Ruggiano - The Smith acquisition is one of the better trades Jack Z has made. Ruggiano sucks.
Ackley/Weeks - complete fail. Ackley can't hit lefty pitching but he is also ineffective in a platoon situation, so what are you going to do? Get rid of him, which is what most of us have wanted for at least two years now. And Weeks just needs to go.
Cruz - I owe an apology to the guy in here that I laughed at when, back in March, he predicted 40 homeruns for Cruz. Whoever you are, I'm sorry. He has wildly exceeded my expectations.
Felix - The one thing I dislike about Felix is that if one little thing goes wrong, it completely takes him out of his game. Last night was a great example. It only happens 2 or 3 times a year, but when it does, it's ugly.
Happ - pitches great in big parks. Pitches like shit in small parks. No surprise here. Can't complain for a guy expected to be the 4th or 5th starter.
Taijuan - if we are going to be a 75-80 win team this year then they might as well stick with him and let him have his on-the-job training. Can't hurt anything. But don't let his last start fool you. i don't think he has turned the proverbial corner just yet.
Elias - No complaints. He is what he is - a #3 starter on mediocre team. At times he will look brillant and other times he will look like a AAA guy.
Paxton - Same ole story. A good pitcher who could be a solid #2 if he could stay off of the DL.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On David Aardsma:

I'm not sure if he is the solution. He could be an interesting addition, but let's take a step back here for a second, he hasn't pitched since 2013. Who knows if he can still pitch at a competitive level anymore? And in 2013 it's not even like he was that great.

Rafael Soriano is still on the market. Obviously pretty unlikely, but at one point during the regular season the Mariners were connected to him. He's probably outside our price range, but if the Mariners actually want to salvage this season they need to add a strong bullpen arm like him, especially the way Rodney has been pitching.

Cano: I've discussed this and thought about him to the point of it getting redundant. I don't think he has had some huge drop off in skill, he initially had bad luck, now he's swinging at even more pitches outside the zone to try to get back on track and he's hurting himself even more. He needs to adjust his approach, be more patient at the plate, and take some walks for god sake. To me it looks like pitchers are taking advantage of his aggression and throwing him even more balls outside the zone than they used to, he needs to be more patient. He's capable of it, he just hasn't made the adjustment. In all honesty, this season is lost for him if he doesn't make the adjustment that he is capable of doing.

LoMo: When he's hot, he's fire. When he's not, he's one of the worst offensive players in the lineup. Not sure if it shows up on his dWAR, but he has played some good defense at 1B. He's obviously a replacement level player, but at least he's really likeable. You know you're a Mariners fan when the only bright side you can find in a player is above average defense at a position that defense doesn't matter much and mentioning the fact that he's likeable.

Smith: How good he is hasn't been reflected in his triple slash line. I actually enjoy watching him at the plate. Despite the semi-high strikeout rate, he sees balls and strikes really well and can work a count.

Elias: C'mon, you've gotta give him more credit than that. A career 3.68 ERA in his first 36 starts is pretty impressive. Not to mention, it looks like he's improving to me.

The rest I agree with or have nothing to add to.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have wanted for at least two years now. And Weeks just needs to go.
Cruz - I owe an apology to the guy in here that I laughed at when, back in March, he predicted 40 homeruns for Cruz. Whoever you are, I'm sorry. He has wildly exceeded my expectations..

That was me... Lucky guess on my part...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Carter Capps is lighting it up for Tampa... Oh wait, we traded him too for a 1B with the same productivity on offense as Smoak... :Cry:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still do that trade again. While LoMo's numbers aren't great, he brings a fiery attitude I wish more had and he plays a pretty good 1B

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still do that trade again. While LoMo's numbers aren't great, he brings a fiery attitude I wish more had and he plays a pretty good 1B

I may be aligned with what you're saying if I didn't know how bad our offense was struggling (including LoMo) and how our relief pitcher had been struggling... Not going to call it a poor decisions by Z by any means...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree bring him back. Why not

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Aardsma has elected free agency.

Aardsma exercised the June 1 opt-out clause in his minor league contract with the Dodgers. The 33-year-old posted a 2.41 ERA and 23/7 K/BB ratio over 18 2/3 innings with Triple-A Oklahoma City and will attempt to latch on elsewhere.