• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell vs Rob Ryan

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Bevell's play calling scares me, especially headed toward the playoffs,
he did a fabulous job of manipulating the playbook Monday night. He kept the Saints
off guard and frustrated Rob Ryan.

I'm not sure what took so long? :scratch:

It was Bevell's best game plan of the season (Even with only 12 pts vs Carolina that was his 2nd best.)
Running the read/option a few times a game is paramount against DE/OLB's that want to crash inside.
The WR running play by Lockette wasn't successful but it keeps the D off balance. Bevell called
a few screen plays.

It was either RWill's pre-game study or Bevell getting him ready for the blitz, but
RWill read the blitz and hit the hot route, including that beauty to Doug and finished 6 for 6 with blitz
pressure. I've wanted Zach utilized more, especially in the red zone. Bam, a quick slant for the TD. :clap:

We've all wanted more roll outs or boot legs where RWill can use his abilities to hit receivers on the run.
They were executed. I was apprehensive when we came out at half and did the ol' run Lynch twice, throw an incompletion and punt. It only lasted one series.

I dont think it's possible for Bevell to mix and match the playbook as well as we did on Monday Night. Bevell arguably has the most versatile QB in the NFL and a bruising RB with vision as support.

To implement a game plan with our weapons isn't that difficult and it was a thing of beauty to see RWill execute it. It seems Bevell didn't go to Hawaii during the bye week, he threw away his old lamination and replaced it with plays that fit our personnel. SWOT analysis? :noidea:

Bevell deserves some kudos and pray he continues with that ingenuity at Candlestick on Sunday. :cool2:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

If Bevell calls a game close to what he called against NO, then the game in SF won't be close.

It's amazing how he can look like a genius at times and then a complete moron at others (and sometimes within the same game/drive). He's genius enough to have the job, moronic enough to drive fans nuts. :lol:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give credit where it's due and give props to Bevell for his game plan and playcalling against the Saints.

I still don't like him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what to make of Bevell at this point. You have ridiculous games like the Dolphins last year where for god knows what reason he decides to start running the ball against one of the best run defenses in the league when his QB was flirting with the franchise consecutive completions record. Literally gave that game away. Then there's games like last night where you have no idea what the Seahawks are going to do every snap. But I think the bottom line is that when you get great play out of the offensive line like we did Monday night then it's pretty easy to look good no matter what you're trying.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give credit where it's due and give props to Bevell for his game plan and playcalling against the Saints.

I still don't like him.

I obviously don't care for Bevell. As much as I've complained about him all year and feeling he was going to get our franchise QB sent to the E.R. because of his idiocy, I had to give him some props for Monday. He received a decent grade vs Carolina just for the scenario when SWilliams ran that 9 route, RWill hit him and he dropped the ball. Kearse went in on the next play and Bevell dialed up that same 9 route for the go ahead TD. Carolina didn't think we were going back to that same play.

Other than that, he's sucked all season except for Monday. I won't be pleased until he shows us in the playoffs that his sphincter doesn't tighten up like he's going in for a prostate exam. Down the stretch last year, our read/option was unstoppable. It was wide open against the Falcons that first half, especially, in the red zone. RWill or MLynch could've walked into the endzone but he dials up a fullback dive play on 4th down? It's time to get over that but combine that with his calls with our starting OT's out and I just have to f'in :gaah: Let's see more of Monday Night and I can move on.