• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dare to dream

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just buck up and beat KC at home and only GB or Tampa in the way of a championship. Hell we beat GB already in my mind (I know) we didn't but we played with them.

What do you think?
F the F?

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey is Stump in jail yet?

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dream away pilgrims

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

KC is good, but they've been streaking and are due for a down game. Why not now?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase made it interesting all of a sudden.

our defense has to answer though. we've been getting scored on like it's the Iowa ohio st game, if we can keep up, then great. but this is the nfl.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chase just caught another pass....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chase just caught another pass....
It's been a few months since a defensive coordinator has decided to roll with the press-man against Burrow and Chase. I'm guessing it will be a bit before we see it again.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a few months since a defensive coordinator has decided to roll with the press-man against Burrow and Chase. I'm guessing it will be a bit before we see it again.
Yeah, they weren't getting home with the 4 man rush, and so they decided to keep dialing up the pressure - which is fine, but Burrow is so damned good against pressure, even with this OL - his pre-snap reads are Manning-esque, and when you have guys like Boyd, Higgins, and then Chase - it's really just not fair.

Denver was able to muddy the waters because they get a TON of pressure with their front 4, leaving 7 to play a mix of man/zone that really kept this offense in check. There are very, very few NFL teams that are going to be able to run that kind of defense and have success.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they weren't getting home with the 4 man rush, and so they decided to keep dialing up the pressure - which is fine, but Burrow is so damned good against pressure, even with this OL - his pre-snap reads are Manning-esque, and when you have guys like Boyd, Higgins, and then Chase - it's really just not fair.

Denver was able to muddy the waters because they get a TON of pressure with their front 4, leaving 7 to play a mix of man/zone that really kept this offense in check. There are very, very few NFL teams that are going to be able to run that kind of defense and have success.
Speaking of numbers against the rush...

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, you were on it F the F

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walls really closing in on Ohio's boy stump now

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners revenge match?
That is what I would like to see. Get rid of that monkey on our back this year as well.

Goal 1: Get rid of 31 year playoff drought winless streak.
Goal 2: Get a road playoff win for the first time in franchise history.
Goal 3: Exact revenge on the 49ers in the Superbowl and win our first Lombardi.

I have serious doubts we can beat KC in KC after watching last nights game. I know we beat them a few weeks ago, but that was in Cincinnati, they hadn't seen us yet or taken us seriously yet, we just let Tennessee sack Burrow 9 times. I think we get beat by double digits this week. 37 - 24. Just feels like a game we are going to get pounded for some reason, regardless of how well we have played this year.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I would like to see. Get rid of that monkey on our back this year as well.

Goal 1: Get rid of 31 year playoff drought winless streak.
Goal 2: Get a road playoff win for the first time in franchise history.
Goal 3: Exact revenge on the 49ers in the Superbowl and win our first Lombardi.

I have serious doubts we can beat KC in KC after watching last nights game. I know we beat them a few weeks ago, but that was in Cincinnati, they hadn't seen us yet or taken us seriously yet, we just let Tennessee sack Burrow 9 times. I think we get beat by double digits this week. 37 - 24. Just feels like a game we are going to get pounded for some reason, regardless of how well we have played this year.
They are going to have to score in bunches.... And there really is no reason to believe that KC's defense is going to stop Burrow. Buffalo was too conservative last night. Allen could have bruised them up all day, but they played a little too much ball control in the first couple of quarters. When they finally cut him loose, he shredded that secondary.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive - and many national pundits have talked about it lately - it's hard to prepare for this defense because Lou is able to change things up from week to week. Very much like BB did in NE several years ago - they could play 3-4 or 4-3, Zone, Man, etc...Not saying this defense is as good as that defense was in terms of switching it up - but they are flexible - and I think that's why adjustments have worked so well for this defense, especially at half-time. KC is certainly explosive, but we've also seen that they can hit major lulls just like Cincinnati on offense.

Offensively - Protect Burrow - and things will take care of themselves. Can't have another 6-7-8+ sack game. Just can't. Offensive play calling also needs to have a much better plan in place for the rush 4, drop 7 defense - because you know KC will see that and throw some at this offense. There has to be an outlet guy for those 3-4-5 yard passes to get out quick - and that becomes your running game if they can't get Mixon untracked.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no pressure on us.......we have over achieved

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House money, for sure.

Pressure is squarely on KC to not lose a 2nd time to the Bengals, and this time at home.

Oddly enough - Bengals have been pretty darned good on the road this year, and Burrow getting a second crack at a team is a positive. I also like the fact that this defense can change a lot of things - as they have all year. I think that gives them a slight advantage over the KC defense, who will undoubtedly change things up from the last game, but how good can the be at it? If they just rush 4 and drop 7, they don't have the pass-rush like Tenn or Denver to make it hurt.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our guys treat this as the only time they will ever have a chance to get to the Superbowl, because you never know.