• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dang

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That was a bummer

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it, man. Thought we might get swept by the NFC North. The breakdown on special teams and the late INT by Cam were bad, but the Bungles made mistakes, too. Our coverage has got to tighten up overall. Looks like some people out there don't know their assignments.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a hat's off to Cam today, using his feet, especially in OT.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a hat's off to Cam today, using his feet, especially in OT.
Cam put the team on his shoulders today.
That was a studly effort

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burfict.0.gif

^^^ Classy, those Bengals.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not defending Burfict in the sense he didn't do it on purpose. I think he did it on purpose for sure, but I think part of his game is doing little things like that under the radar that gets opposing players to retaliate back and get flagged for 15 yard penalties. If he had actually hurt Newton it would have been pretty classless, but in general a smart play to try and negate the TD or give the Bengals an advantage on the following kickoff.

Take it as you want. It was your QB getting the rough end of the deal so I can see how your opinion would be altered considerably versus mine. Plus, Newton was getting pretty damn frustrating as just a fan of the Bengals, I can't imagine how frustrated the Bengals defense was, and Burfict is a guy who will take his shots when he can. He lost his cool, but also this isn't much different than he does in most games. He will say or do something that makes an opposing offensive player want to punch him or hit him in general. Burfict gets several PF called against him, but he also has several personal fouls called against offensive players that were against him.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I understand Crash but he also did the same thing to Olsen who had a bad wheel. I think in general players probably wouldn't go for this kind of shit. Hopefully the Panthers will send in the game film and there will be some discipline come down.
I do thank you for coming on to the board to give your take though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Crash but he also did the same thing to Olsen who had a bad wheel. I think in general players probably wouldn't go for this kind of shit. Hopefully the Panthers will send in the game film and there will be some discipline come down.
I do thank you for coming on to the board to give your take though.

I am sure he will get fined and a stern talking to. I know there are many media heads calling for him to potentially get suspended for his act. I am not saying what he does is right. Dude is a loose cannon though, which gives him an edge a lot of players do not have. He is not nearly as dirty as Romonowski, but he plays with a nastiness about him. Sometimes that personality carries him too far. In general, I do not want him to lose that edge, but on the same token, I hope he never does anything to really hurt a player on the opposing team just to be vindictive. Now if he hurts a player because of a tough legal hit, then so be it, because that is football. Like when he blasted Benjamin and got a PF called against him. I personally think that was a legal hit. He didn't hit Benjamin until after the ball got there, he led with his shoulder and hit Benjamin in his upper chest/shoulder.

The other PF he got called on him was questionable but understandable. The way I see that penalty, the refs were protecting him more than they were Newton. He leaned in with his helmet even though it was a graze but didn't put a big hit on Newton, only got a little extra shoulder bump upon entering the sidelines. I can live with that penalty, because he legitimately dipped his head even though he barely grazed Newton with his head. Where he did deserve the PF was on that play at the goal line where he twisted Newton's leg.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the hits. They are calling those too tight - particularly late hits on the QB. They are calling some of those and there is no way the defensive dude can pull up. If Benjamin got hurt because of the hit - that's just part of football.

To twist an ankle/leg after they are down because you know there is a medical issue is pure lame ass bush league and totally unjustifiable.

If a defensive player stomped on AJ's toe after a tackle upon his return I am sure you would feel the same. I suspect it would piss off Burfect too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he will get fined and a stern talking to. I know there are many media heads calling for him to potentially get suspended for his act. I am not saying what he does is right. Dude is a loose cannon though, which gives him an edge a lot of players do not have. He is not nearly as dirty as Romonowski, but he plays with a nastiness about him. Sometimes that personality carries him too far. In general, I do not want him to lose that edge, but on the same token, I hope he never does anything to really hurt a player on the opposing team just to be vindictive. Now if he hurts a player because of a tough legal hit, then so be it, because that is football. Like when he blasted Benjamin and got a PF called against him. I personally think that was a legal hit. He didn't hit Benjamin until after the ball got there, he led with his shoulder and hit Benjamin in his upper chest/shoulder.

The other PF he got called on him was questionable but understandable. The way I see that penalty, the refs were protecting him more than they were Newton. He leaned in with his helmet even though it was a graze but didn't put a big hit on Newton, only got a little extra shoulder bump upon entering the sidelines. I can live with that penalty, because he legitimately dipped his head even though he barely grazed Newton with his head. Where he did deserve the PF was on that play at the goal line where he twisted Newton's leg.

well Crash to ur first ppost if Cam had retaliated it would NOT have negated the td as the penalty for retaliation happen after the play the 15 yards would be assesed on extra point or kickoff... so no not smart by him at all. especially if he thought it would negate a td,

lets call that kettle what it is. Burfett just wanted to soften up Cam,s ankle hoping he wouldnt run on him anymore