• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dana, WVU optimistic heading into Bama

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen, WVU optimistic heading into matchup with Alabama - The Daily Athenaeum Online: Sports

I am getting excited about watching this team against a great opponent like Alabama. There are a ton of reasons to be optimistic… we haven't seen the team play a down yet.

But, we truly have some things to note which could prove to be difference makers for the team.

1. Dana commented prior to Spring camp that he would be able to go full scrimmage more often for the first time since his arrival. This was a byproduct of finally having some good numbers. Letting kids go at it, helps to identify learning lessons on film… allows for more effective coaching.

2. Another byproduct of WVU having good numbers… good depth… quality depth… Dana allowed the defense to tackle in practice more than at any time since he's been at WVU. One of the reasons given for Coach K and Coach Casteel being upset with Dana was the fact the defense was not permitted to do live tackling in practice. Dana did not want to risk losing a defensive player to injury when there was lack of quality depth.

3. Dana… who has always been very careful about praising a single player or his offense… has done a lot of singing this summer. He has repeatedly stated how this year's offense is night and day different than last year. The team can go uptempo, the players are doing a better job of recognizing the defense… running their routes… all a product of playing in the system for the 2nd year. Unfortunately, as a result of bringing JUCO's to play the skill position and a kid who was brought to be the next leader of the offense revealing his problem with alcohol. This year, the QB has been settled… and the transfer from Pitt has been receiving a ton of props from all the coaches… to include Dana. Could be a very big year for the offense.

4. Tom 'Scrap' Bradley. I believe he will make a big impact for the defense. He can develop an attitude for the players. He can improve their confidence by being a great teacher of technique. His experience in developing defensive game plans for PSU will help WVU this year.

5. Experience of the players. Look at the recruiting class of 2014. Only 1 of them will likely play this Saturday. It looks like Henry will start. Crest may be the only other true freshman who is not redshirted. Like the article stated, WVU has been forced to play as many as 15 true freshmen the past two years due to the lack of quality depth handed to Holgorsen from Stewart's reign. The program is finally at a point where it can develop players… strengthen them… condition them… coach them up… and put them on the field when they're ready to compete… than what the staff has been forced to do. Put kids on the field who shouldn't be there.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Blue_GoldSports: Trey DePriest will not play Saturday due to minor NCAA infraction. - Bama starting LB #WVU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Culhane ‏@jeffculhane 14m
Per @CBSSports.com, Blake Sims will start Saturday at QB for Alabama vs @WVUfootball

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Blue_GoldSports: Trey DePriest will not play Saturday due to minor NCAA infraction. - Bama starting LB #WVU

I hope his 5 star backup is ready. :D

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you don't even know his name I won't worry about it :whistle::lol:

I am sure both teams will be ready...see how it plays out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just saying don't read too much into it because we are stacked with depth at the position.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying don't read too much into it because we are stacked with depth at the position.

Of course you are. However, there is a huge difference between the experience of your senior… and whomever is the backup.

I know WVU will test his ability to make quick calls by uptempo. We'll see how much should have been read into it later today…

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you are. However, there is a huge difference between the experience of your senior… and whomever is the backup.

I know WVU will test his ability to make quick calls by uptempo. We'll see how much should have been read into it later today…

The backup is Reuben Foster. He hits so hard he use to knock himself out in practice. They had to work on teaching him how to tackle properly to keep him from getting hurt.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YEAH, as some guys pointed out the other day, if you dont know the backups name off the top of your head, he is no good.......................

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEAH, as some guys pointed out the other day, if you dont know the backups name off the top of your head, he is no good.......................

The 4down20 poster knew his name as he is a Bama fan, why would ANY WVU fan know the name of the Bama back up line backer????? WTF???

As the Bama poster said he hits so hard that he knocks himself out, they had to teach him how not to knock himself out. I would say he is good.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backup is Reuben Foster. He hits so hard he use to knock himself out in practice. They had to work on teaching him how to tackle properly to keep him from getting hurt.

Does that mean he's good?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4down20 poster knew his name as he is a Bama fan, why would ANY WVU fan know the name of the Bama back up line backer????? WTF???

As the Bama poster said he hits so hard that he knocks himself out, they had to teach him how not to knock himself out. I would say he is good.

WOW, the Bama fan DID NOT know the name of the kid, he looked it up after his origional statement, otherwise he would have said the kids name in his first two responses. :wtf2: indeed Look back, 4-20 posted all three times, the first and second he didnt know the kids name, looked it up and posted that.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, the Bama fan DID NOT know the name of the kid, he looked it up after his origional statement, otherwise he would have said the kids name in his first two responses. :wtf2: indeed Look back, 4-20 posted all three times, the first and second he didnt know the kids name, looked it up and posted that.

:L

He was being sarcastic about being a 5 Star recruit on the bench!! Lighten up Francis

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm starting to think they are right about you, that you have no clue

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I knew his name. He is the guy who has the Auburn tat on his forearm that was recruited away from Auburn even though he lived in Auburn Alabama. Everyone probably knows who Foster is.

I wouldn't have trouble admitting I didn't know his name if I didn't. The day I remember the names of 85 players on the roster will be - fucking never. Don't see what difference it makes.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban admitted not having the starting LB today made a huge difference. Not a real surprise....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban admitted not having the starting LB today made a huge difference. Not a real surprise....

Yeah, there is a reason they are a starter. I need to watch that, did he mention much about slyve?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about names of Bama players. Said the back 7 needed more coordination. Blamed the inexperience.

We have some WVU fans that don't feel inexperience should make a difference. Poor execution is always due to poor coaching...