• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dana comments...spot on...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something BBW, DCW and Jeigh have chatted back and forth over the years about what meaningful yardage is...and what makes an elite player...for me its about kids who have a nose for the end zone..a great example of a kid that did...TAVON AWESOME!..a kid's that don't...Andrew Buie and Dustin Garrison...they get into the open field and have no sense of getting to the end zone...

Looks like Dana has a kid who he believes has that nose and is trying to put a fire under ass to fight to get into the endzone!..

Senior receiver Kevin White has made 21 catches for 244 yards the past two weeks but received playful criticism from Holgorsen, who joked Saturday, "I'm tired of him getting tackled inside the 10. ... I don't think he likes to score touchdowns."

"I don't mean to be beating a dead horse on this, but he's caught how many balls -- about 20 balls?" Holgorsen added Monday. "And he's gotten into the end zone one time.

"He's really playing good -- night and day compared to what he was last year. Where he is at right now statistically is where he was at about game six or seven last year. He's clearly just a different guy. The next step in his evolution of being a great player is getting into the end zone."

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something BBW, DCW and Jeigh have chatted back and forth over the years about what meaningful yardage is...and what makes an elite player...for me its about kids who have a nose for the end zone..a great example of a kid that did...TAVON AWESOME!..a kid's that don't...Andrew Buie and Dustin Garrison...they get into the open field and have no sense of getting to the end zone...

Looks like Dana has a kid who he believes has that nose and is trying to put a fire under ass to fight to get into the endzone!..

Senior receiver Kevin White has made 21 catches for 244 yards the past two weeks but received playful criticism from Holgorsen, who joked Saturday, "I'm tired of him getting tackled inside the 10. ... I don't think he likes to score touchdowns."

"I don't mean to be beating a dead horse on this, but he's caught how many balls -- about 20 balls?" Holgorsen added Monday. "And he's gotten into the end zone one time.

"He's really playing good -- night and day compared to what he was last year. Where he is at right now statistically is where he was at about game six or seven last year. He's clearly just a different guy. The next step in his evolution of being a great player is getting into the end zone."

One of the things that goes along with that: One of the first games I remember Noel Devine getting a lot of playing time, can't even remember who it was against, but Devine ripped off a long run and was tackled at around the two, Fraud sent Slaton in to finish the drive and score the TD, and was up in Devine's face on the sideline as Slaton scored. Same deal, get in the endzone on the long play, because for whatever reason, spread hurry up offenses seem to bog down in the red zone where they don't have as much room.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that might help is when we get close how bout throw the fade to the 6'4" White rather than the 5'9 Alford?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that might help is when we get close how bout throw the fade to the 6'4" White rather than the 5'9 Alford?

I feel like we have done both...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some WVU fans have criticized Dana saying he only won with Bill Stewart's players… he hasn't developed any of his own players. Dana only uses the talent he has at hand… does improve the talent of those he coaches.

Bullshit.

Tavon became a first round draft pick. Stedman a 3rd rounder… a Biletnikoff Award finalist.

Kevin White is getting coached up….

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Thompson seems to be improving, offensive line IMO has improved leaps and bounds so far(I still blame short yardage fails on the fact the RB is getting the ball so deep), Worley improved as a Freshman, Tonkery, Nick K, Harper, hell look how much Trickett has improved in one year....the coaching ability is there no doubt.

We could be witnessing the start of the tide turning for the program. I believe it is, but I do like how Dana keeps it simple "one game at a time". The closer we get to game time the more I think this weeks game is going to have a great atmosphere. I think a lot of my WVU brethren are going to be joining me this weekend in College Park.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Thompson seems to be improving, offensive line IMO has improved leaps and bounds so far(I still blame short yardage fails on the fact the RB is getting the ball so deep), Worley improved as a Freshman, Tonkery, Nick K, Harper, hell look how much Trickett has improved in one year....the coaching ability is there no doubt.

We could be witnessing the start of the tide turning for the program. I believe it is, but I do like how Dana keeps it simple "one game at a time". The closer we get to game time the more I think this weeks game is going to have a great atmosphere. I think a lot of my WVU brethren are going to be joining me this weekend in College Park.

I will be there...they owe me a win after sitting thru the rain all the way until the last 2 miuntes...only then did I realize that there was not going to be any kind of comback!:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shell will be one of those guys that gets to the end zone...I think the kid has some special skills...Dana needs to consider a power run game inside the 10 yard line instead of fade routes.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be there...they owe me a win after sitting thru the rain all the way until the last 2 miuntes...only then did I realize that there was not going to be any kind of comback!:lol:

I had great seats and sat there through the whole freaking thing.

We are in lower Section 3 for this game have about 30 people coming to the tailgate.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be rafting on the Gauley this weekend so hold up our end guys.

P.S. last time I rafted there I missed the Oklahoma State game last year. We saw how that one turned out.