• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Snyder reaches out to Scot McCloughan!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... Interviewing DCs is fine. But would you not agree that the Skins need another Gregg Williams type enforcer at DC presently?? Wade is too soft and likely would be yet another mistake because simply put, there is no accountability with our defense right now. And for all the Wade love, that has been one of his biggest issues from his time in Dallas as a DC and a Head Coach.

well lets see what happens as far as who the choose . i think they really want fangio and donatel is in the mix too

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis might be available soon.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cooley ripped Wade a little today. Said they looked forward to playing Dallas because their defense played "soft." Said Wade was to easy on his players. I do think Jay Gruden should have the right to choose his DC. It's his staff after all and at the end of the day it's his ass on the line. A coach should be able to choose his own staff, so regardless of Scot, I think we can move forward with hiring a DC. Word is once Rex makes his decision the dominoes will fall from there.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sure he will get the power he wants . and why wouldnt you interview DC's . he isnt inked yet?

Is this a trick question? Well, whether you like the Wade pick/process or not there are compelling reasons not to interview at this point in time. (Prior to hiring your GM)

1. If it's Allen doing the interviews.......he's horrible in personnel matters.
2. If it's Snyder........hes out of his element. Both and it's a threesome with the team in the middle.
3. Wade Phillips embodies all that has plagued this team in that he is just another in a long line of recycled coaches.
4. The interview process should include the HC and the New GM
5. Why saddle yur HC and New GM wth a guy hat he might not want.
6. Give yourself time to see what direction or candidates the new GM have in mind.

Of course all of this becomes moot if, this posturing about change in direction and operation is more bullshit meaning Allen won't give up or be obligated to give up the title and power to lure SM here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We show him the safe and give him the combination. Anything to get this guy.

cover_food_cellar5-1_26-H1.jpg

I'm just kidding ok! Relax!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a trick question? Well, whether you like the Wade pick/process or not there are compelling reasons not to interview at this point in time. (Prior to hiring your GM)

1. If it's Allen doing the interviews.......he's horrible in personnel matters.
2. If it's Snyder........hes out of his element. Both and it's a threesome with the team in the middle.
3. Wade Phillips embodies all that has plagued this team in that he is just another in a long line of recycled coaches.
4. The interview process should include the HC and the New GM
5. Why saddle yur HC and New GM wth a guy hat he might not want.
6. Give yourself time to see what direction or candidates the new GM have in mind.

Of course all of this becomes moot if, this posturing about change in direction and operation is more bullshit meaning Allen won't give up or be obligated to give up the title and power to lure SM here.

i disagree . the HC should be able to hire his staff the GM should be able to hire the HC .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree . the HC should be able to hire his staff the GM should be able to hire the HC .

The bottom line is who's ass most likely gets fired if the DC fails? The HC. Therefore he should have the final say on who fills that position.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth Mike Jones of the Washington Post writes that Scot and Bruce are friends and Scot did some consulting work for the Skins last year, but for him to come to Washington he would want full control. He then said, "that ain't happening here." In the same blog he mentions how the Jets have interest and they would be willing to let him run the show. As far as I know the Jets have already been discounted, so I am not sure just exactly how plugged in Jones is when it comes to this situation.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Scot will have FULL control. Bruce, go back to your office and work on the cap space concerns and your interview skills please!!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Scot will have FULL control. Bruce, go back to your office and work on the cap space concerns and your interview skills please!!!

If I never have to see Bruce in front of a mike again, it will be fine with me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why oh why are all reports to the contrary?? I have yet to see one report that says Gruden to interview Phillips for DC. Besides who hired Gruden's current staff? Seems to me they were in place or at least here in some capacity when he got here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why oh why are all reports to the contrary?? I have yet to see one report that says Gruden to interview Phillips for DC. Besides who hired Gruden's current staff? Seems to me they were in place or at least here in some capacity when he got here.

Because this is the Washington redskins! We don't do anything correct.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be... for some, a serious disconnect between the actual responsibilities of a GM and what's being demonstrated on this board. Maybe it's youth in that too many have NEVER seen a fully functioning, well organized, highly skilled group working towards one goal here..........OR.........Maybe time has skewered the memories of some of the older hats here, leaving them with faded and incomplete visions of the same.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that our GM's sole duty is related to player personnel moves or the hiring or firing of a HC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be... for some, a serious disconnect between the actual responsibilities of a GM and what's being demonstrated on this board. Maybe it's youth in that too many have NEVER seen a fully functioning, well organized, highly skilled group working towards one goal here..........OR.........Maybe time has skewered the memories of some of the older hats here, leaving them with faded and incomplete visions of the same.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that our GM's sole duty is related to player personnel moves or the hiring or firing of a HC.

Sty.. .a real GM handles it all, players and coaches.

How ever there are not too many Ozzie Newsomes on the planet. Reality is that this move should be one in the right direction. And if this guy is as good as they say he is with personnel, then the only person who should really be upset right now is Haslett. Because IF McDaddy scouts is as good as offered, I think he will finally hand us a defense talent wise that can get it done in what ever system we choose to run.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty.. .a real GM handles it all, players and coaches.

How ever there are not too many Ozzie Newsomes on the planet. Reality is that this move should be one in the right direction. And if this guy is as good as they say he is with personnel, then the only person who should really be upset right now is Haslett. Because IF McDaddy scouts is as good as offered, I think he will finally hand us a defense talent wise that can get it done in what ever system we choose to run.

Who cares. The job of the team is not to make certain coaches happy - it is to win games. If your last sentence is true then most likely the end result will be wining more games. I could care less if grown men like Haslett or Shanahan are upset because of some type of entitlement. I would love for my employer to give me several million dollars to basically not work. I won't cry one single tear for any of these guys.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. The job of the team is not to make certain coaches happy - it is to win games. If your last sentence is true then most likely the end result will be wining more games. I could care less if grown men like Haslett or Shanahan are upset because of some type of entitlement. I would love for my employer to give me several million dollars to basically not work. I won't cry one single tear for any of these guys.

Of course you wont, but if your employer hands you a table spoon and tells you to go dig the new panama canal in three months, then you personally get the blame for it not being done on time... guess you would be cool with that too??

When you suck 7 out of 8 years irrespective of the coaches brought in... at some point its time to stop blaming the coaches who ALL came in with rather good resumes.