• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damon Cogdell returning to WVU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is blowing up with this development. Slaughter is rumored to be on way out.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant on Dana's part.........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to see that someone, be it Luck or Holgorsen, has realized with the last few assistants that have been hired, that Texas is NOT where WVU will find all the needed talent, that they have gone back to where WVU is recruiting Florida, PA, and OH!!!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think that?

I think that is where the other assistants came from also. ie: Seider, Gibson, Crook, Mitchell.

Luck is putting his mark on the program, after the first year of Holgerson's assistants leaving, Luck has wanted to get WVU blood back on the team for loyalty and cohesion.

I'm no insider or nothing and don't claim to be, just my opinion.

I trust Luck's judgement completely.

I support Holgerson 100% and want him back at least another year after next year regardless, but I do believe the door is still open on his abilities as a head coach. I'm pulling for him.

I have full faith in Luck, and he has done nothing but good for WVU, anyone who can't see that is an idiot in my opinion.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wait n see if this is a good coaching hire, BUT put yourself in the shoes of a Florida HS coach with dreams of becoming a CFB coach someday and you hear about this move. Hello new FL recruiting relationships.:headbanger:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is where the other assistants came from also. ie: Seider, Gibson, Crook, Mitchell.

Luck is putting his mark on the program, after the first year of Holgerson's assistants leaving, Luck has wanted to get WVU blood back on the team for loyalty and cohesion.

I support Holgerson 100% and want him back at least another year after next year regardless, but I do believe the door is still open on his abilities as a head coach. I'm pulling for him.

I have full faith in Luck, and he has done nothing but good for WVU, anyone who can't see that is an idiot in my opinion.
:agree:

I can see Luck giving his opinion, but it is hard for me to buy into the fact he is setting the staff up basically. Luck himself never worked with a lot of these guys so you can see where I would be worried this was happening. It also gives the percieved notion that DH cannot set up a staff or is in charge of the staff. I think most fans want to rate a first time head coach against guys who have been in coaching for many years....growing pains friends growing pains.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a big jump to infer that Luck made this hire. I do believe there may have been a suggestion to Dana that Cogdell wants to get into college coaching, and present what a Cogdell hire could do for the football program. Slaughter's contract was up on at the end of the month.

IMO, it is a win for WVU.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would find it hard to beleive that Luck had anything to do with this...he is an Athletic Director...not a Owner...or General Manager.......

I am more than certain Dana is hiring who he wants to have on is staff...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would find it hard to beleive that Luck had anything to do with this...he is an Athletic Director...not a Owner...or General Manager.......

I am more than certain Dana is hiring who he wants to have on is staff...

I could be wrong, but it is just an opinion. Like I said I'm no insider or nothing of the sort. I won't argue the point, because I'm not sure just a guess. Who knows maybe Dana seen after the first year that he needed people that would be loyal and why maybe he chose them if he in fact did. I could see it either way.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but it is just an opinion. Like I said I'm no insider or nothing of the sort. I won't argue the point, because I'm not sure just a guess. Who knows maybe Dana seen after the first year that he needed people that would be loyal and why maybe he chose them if he in fact did. I could see it either way.

I think it has been said before...he is securing a recruiting pipeline as well as bringing back some ties to the Wv program at the same time...big time smart move on his part....

And Cogdill gets a 125k raise....not bad.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is Luck not Dana.
I have to agree here. Dana came in here bringing people he knew, trusted and have worked with before. Gibson Seidel Cogdil all have WVU connections. Is this Dana changing his philosophy, or luck looking for continuity with the past?

Luck has been watching Dana falter and I think he is taking a more hands on approach regarding hiring. If Dana doesn't like it, he can always quit and save luck a buyout.

I hope he keeps his pipeline going. Mirimar has been one of our best fla schools.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another, I guess i just don't understand why Luck would put himself in charge of hires....in my opinion how can you judge your hire if you are the one doing all the hiring and it cuts off DH's authority in the building. Kind of like my skins do with every hire! lol

The other thing is why tie yourself to someone like that, if Dana does leave I do not want Luck so tied to him that he leaves as well. We might chaulk up DH as a bad hire down the road, but I do not want to get rid of one of the best AD's in the country just because he was so intertwined with the football team.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC: Dana is Luck's guy and Luck wants him to succeed. After watching the team fold down the stretch of the 2012 season, I believe he took more of a hands on approach. Gibson was hired with WVU ties. It is hard to argue that Ron Crook who worked when Andrew Luck was there, was brought here by Luck. Cogdill is another with big WVU ties.

I see no coincidence here. DH hired coaches he was familiar with at former schools until last year. Since then all of the hires have big Luck or WVU connections.

Could be that Luck makes the introduction and DH decided to hire these guys, or Luck may have told DH hire this coach and if you don't like it quit and pay the buyout.

Ollie is a hands on guy and our football team has his name all over it.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another, I agree, Luck told Stewart that he was forcing changes to his coaching staff, why do those with their heads stuck firmly in the sand think he will not force changes on Holgorsen?