• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas week???

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, how times have changed! It's Dallas week and not one thread to discuss how we will win (or lose, if you are country or coach). It's Monday night and our record on Mondays ain't great in the last few years.

Honestly, this could be a real trap game for us. Coming off a big upset and on MNF. These are the types of games we would lose in the past. However, I see us pulling out a win, but it will go down to the wire.

Thoughts?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, it's coming..."trap game", that's some funny shit right there j_y19. How do you think the "worst shit" in the NFCE feels about that "trap game" comment. Personally, I thought it was awesome.

Hail to you my brothers and sisters, it's good to be a Redskins fan!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, how times have changed! It's Dallas week and not one thread to discuss how we will win (or lose, if you are country or coach). It's Monday night and our record on Mondays ain't great in the last few years.

Honestly, this could be a real trap game for us. Coming off a big upset and on MNF. These are the types of games we would lose in the past. However, I see us pulling out a win, but it will go down to the wire.

Thoughts?

i dont see it as a "trap game " i see it as our biggest rival can rise to the occasion and give us a lesson in" fools gold "

yeah i am thrilled we won . i am thrilled we are in 1st place

but i also know we arent much better (if at all ) then dallas and we have to prove it on the field . a loss could put us back into "suckville" in an instant

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game we have come to EXPECT to lose. That is horrible. We should win by a TD but honestly, trap game sounds right.

I am hopeful with a real QB, we will stop feeling like this.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still enjoying yesterday's win. We aren't looking to be Dallas to have something we can hang our hat on in another crappy season. I am hoping for a win no matter who we play. I think we need 3 wins, if they are Dallas twice and Philly then great but any combination of three and I will be ecstatic.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the Skins were in the dumps, they still beat Dallas on MNF. Dallas is in shambles and honestly the Skins should take care of them going away @ home. I think the leadership on the team and feel good taste of being in 1st will motivate the good guys to a solid win.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the Skins were in the dumps, they still beat Dallas on MNF. Dallas is in shambles and honestly the Skins should take care of them going away @ home. I think the leadership on the team and feel good taste of being in 1st will motivate the good guys to a solid win.
I agree. And that's what worries me. This may be the first game we are expected to win. Which concerns me even more.

Here's another question.....has the rivalry died or at least abated? I just don't sense the same fervor on either side. Of course we still want to win, but I'm not feeling the same excitement about Dallas week as there used to be.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And that's what worries me. This may be the first game we are expected to win. Which concerns me even more.

Here's another question.....has the rivalry died or at least abated? I just don't sense the same fervor on either side. Of course we still want to win, but I'm not feeling the same excitement about Dallas week as there used to be.

we have a smack talk thread and hence we dont have the espn troll fest we used to and that may have an effect on your perception

i dont think the rivalry has died .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a smack talk thread and hence we dont have the espn troll fest we used to and that may have an effect on your perception

i dont think the rivalry has died .
Could be, I never visit that thread. I'll check it out.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that when both teams haven't been really relevant in the National conversation for a while, the Rivalry Week thingy falls by the wayside a little bit.

Not that I don't hope the Redskins beat them cowpokes by 2 tds... :dhd:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season I never imagined the Redskins would even be in a position to have a trap game. So as far as I'm concerned looking forward to big games in December is playing with house money, totally unexpected and I have no complaints even if they lose.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season I never imagined the Redskins would even be in a position to have a trap game. So as far as I'm concerned looking forward to big games in December is playing with house money, totally unexpected and I have no complaints even if they lose.

This^^^^
Dallas games are Pickem games anyway dispite records. Seem to generally split with them so we'll see what happens plus this squad doesn't exactly excell in Prime Time games.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the prime time games. I understand what happened 10 years ago should have no bearing on Monday. But tell that to a Browns fan who saw his team lose because this is what the Browns always do and it's been that way for over a generation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the smack talk thread, I kind of expect us to lose Monday. Dallas is coming off the mini-bye and is a desperate team looking for any spark of hope. We are an inconsistent team who just beat the Giants to take a share of first in the division.

Prime ingredients for a let down game from a Skins perspective if I ever saw one. So yes I will hope for the win, but wont be shocked if we lose this one.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the smack talk thread, I kind of expect us to lose Monday. Dallas is coming off the mini-bye and is a desperate team looking for any spark of hope. We are an inconsistent team who just beat the Giants to take a share of first in the division.

Prime ingredients for a let down game from a Skins perspective if I ever saw one. So yes I will hope for the win, but wont be shocked if we lose this one.

Redskins have to be careful with most of the remaining games. Most will be against teams who really are playing for nothing and have that "don't give a crap" attitude. That can be very dangerous. We saw that twice last year from a different perspective when the Skins beat both the Cowboys and Eagles late in the season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. Trust me most fans won't feel that way come kickoff on Monday night.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of Apollo Creed...."You'll understand when it's over, you'll understand when it's OVER!"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we are expected to win b/c we are going up against Cassell. Of course anything can happen but being at home going against Cassell I like our chances. Plus the Giants have to play the Jets who have the best defensive line in the league. With the Giants o-line injured they should have a field day. So it should be a two game lead in the division b/c we own the tie breaker this time next week.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the Giants still have to play Car and Minn. Two teams with great defenses. How is their oline going to hold up? The best record for the Giants will be 7-9. This is set up perfectly for us. By Romo going out for the year we should go 5-1 in the division. Even if we lose to the Bears and Bills we still will be 8-8 and win the division. I think we at least win one of those games to bring our record to 9-7. My original prediction by the way.

I left the Eagles out b/c with a loss to the Pats that should put the nail in their coffin. They still have to play Arizona also.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time fellas. Plus I don't have a lot confidence in my Skins away. Anything can happen.