• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (1-1) | 8:30pm ET | ESPN

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, definitely not.

It was a long time ago, I think it was last season.

I'm sure if you google it will come up, but it really isn't even that important.

Tried to google it but everything is about the recent stuff. Don't care enough to set date filters and look.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to hear any Seahawk fans talking shit about this. At least Dak is winning with his offense and not defense.

Not talking shit, but Wilson just threw for 373 yards and 4 TDs with his Girl Scout O line. The defense let Seattle down yesterday.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking shit, but Wilson just threw for 373 yards and 4 TDs with his Girl Scout O line. The defense let Seattle down yesterday.

Sure, Wilson will have his days and can throw. But to hear a SEA fan talking down at Dak about him not putting up throwing numbers, being a game manager essentially, is stupid.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't. If you did I'd love to see a link of it.

It was last September 2016. Longer than I thought.

"Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. Came out late last year and said he'd fire any player that took a knee.

I'm sure Stephen roped him in tho. I've been saying this for the last 5 or 6 years now - Stephen Jones is the guy actually running the Cowboys, not Jerry. He's been slowly ceding power for a decade now.

What I find amusing.......just like we discussed earlier - people still booed even tho they took the knee well before the anthem was played. It just doesn't matter, people are going to dislike it period.

Jerry Jones never threatened to kick players off Cowboys if they didn't stand for national anthem

Editor's note: This story was originally published Oct. 7, 2016. We're bringing it back after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted a fake news item that revived the false claim of a quote that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in fact never said.

Doug Baldwin's assertion on HBO earlier this week that an NFL owner told his players to stand during the national anthem because "this is my stage" can be traced back to an inaccurate internet report attributed to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
The Seattle receiver didn't name Jones, but the phrase echoes part of a manufactured quote that was attached to Jones and circulated primarily on Facebook last month. Multiple sources told The Dallas Morning News at the time that Jones never made those or other alleged comments and the episode as described never happened.
Snopes, which bills itself as the definitive internet reference source for urban legends, folk lore, myths, rumors and misinformation put it in the category of fake news and noted the statements were incorrectly attributed to Jones.
The hoax didn't end there. Later versions of the post attached those fabricated quotes to Clark Hunt, CEO and owner of the Kansas City Chiefs.

David Moore - Dallas Morning News

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....that's some serious football analogy

Not an analogy.

a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē/
noun
  1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad

for once in my life I was rooting for Jerruh

no so much anymore

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he done w/out a running game? He was struggling early on when they didn't get the running game going... Time will tell...

PDay always shows up when it's convenient for him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"

Did they all stand during the anthem?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never happened:

Despite viral post, Jerry Jones never said he would fire players for not standing during anthem

FACT CHECK: NFL Owner Orders His Players to Stand During Anthem

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians is awful, his offense blows, his usage of that review was worse

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JJ agreed to have the team kneel, as a team prior to the start of the national anthem. Good move my JJ. Keeps everyone happy. Wish more teams took this approach.
Damn can't believe I gave props to JJ and the Cowboys:suds::yo::salute:

Best job all weekend by any team, bar none:2cents:. I loved what the Cowboys did. When I heard they were going to kneel I admit I wasn't happy, but wasn't surprised either based on everything else going on this weekend and Jerry's desire to be the topic of conversation. The kneeling at midfield pre-Anthem and then standing for the Anthem was awesome. But, I refuse to believe it was Jerry's idea because it was too smart. Even if it was I'll pretend it wasn't because I just can't give him credit for it...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Jerry would have fired a coach but I don't believe he would cut a player....or a starter anyway. If Ezekiel Elliot or Dak Prescott did not stand I am 100% certain that he would not cut them.

It annoys me and I find it disrespectful for anyone to refuse to stand for the national anthem. I think any protest for the anthem or flag is completely wrong. It would never happen in my house. If you are a guest in my home and disrespect the flag or anthem I will ask you to leave. It is my right to do so.

However.......as a veteran who served for 10 years I understand the individual right to do this. I served to protect the first ammendment. I may not like it but I accept and understand it an American's fundamental right to do so.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jerry would have fired a coach but I don't believe he would cut a player....or a starter anyway. If Ezekiel Elliot or Dak Prescott did not stand I am 100% certain that he would not cut them.

It annoys me and I find it disrespectful for anyone to refuse to stand for the national anthem. I think any protest for the anthem or flag is completely wrong. It would never happen in my house. If you are a guest in my home and disrespect the flag or anthem I will ask you to leave. It is my right to do so.

However.......as a veteran who served for 10 years I understand the individual right to do this. I served to protect the first ammendment. I may not like it but I accept and understand it an American's fundamental right to do so.
Same goes here too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he done w/out a running game? He was struggling early on when they didn't get the running game going... Time will tell...
Last night? Pretty damn good:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your House?...LOL...I'm picturing one of your neighbors coming over to watch football and just before the start of the game getting up off the couch to kneel for the National Anthem and then you grabbing 'em by the collar and throwing 'em out onto the front lawn..."And Stay Out!!!"