• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an ideal world Dak preferred a 4 year deal. If you think he wouldn't have taken 5 or even 10 years if the deal was good enough you are kidding yourself
And you know this for a fact?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most other QBs are getting shorter term deals dipshit.
Then you should have been more clear on how uou state something.

Big difference between Dak and the Wentz/Goff deals is they both still had a year on their rookie deals, where the team could spread the bonus. for cap purposes.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...grass greener or just had enough of Jerrah?

On the surface it really seems like DAL is the ideal spot for Dak...knows the OFC, solid team...should be able to compete for DIV titles at the very least.
Yes, Dallas should be a good fit for Dak.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that. Name the team with better offensive talent than Dallas and is in the market for a QB
maybe it isn't the quality of the team but who's willing to to put him ahead of the team. the Jones have made it clear that they won't sacrifice the team and maybe Dak doesn't like that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it isn't the quality of the team but who's willing to to put him ahead of the team. the Jones have made it clear that they won't sacrifice the team and maybe Dak doesn't like that
Maybe, but I see it totally differently. Who knows what exactly happened or what both sides are looking for. My guess is Dak doesn't want to go anywhere and even though he didn't get the deal was hoping for, he knows a 5 year $175M (or so) offer means that the team is committed to him. They wanted to give him more, not less years, so IMO that proves he is wanted badly. Dak knew that the worst case scenario was that he gets $31M this year to play Football in an Offense where he is a leader and seems to love playing in which he can put up big stats in and then become a FA next year or get $37M on another one year deal and possibly then a humongous deal as an UFA after that. Not bad IMO. If Dak does wants to go elsewhere or is truly unhappy he could sit out the offseason and then sit out the first 10 weeks of the season. I don't suspect he is going to do that, do you?

As for the Jones boys I think they understand the benefit of the tag for big $ players. They have now had three $20M per year plus players that they have signed. Tank they tagged, Dak they tagged and Coop they couldn't tag because they knew they likely were going to need it for Dak. I don't think they view the tag as a sign of disrespect or as meaning that they don't want a player. I think they see it for what it was meant to be when it was put in the CBA, a tool to be used to hold onto top players at a position when you can't come together on a deal that the team likes. :2cents:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I see it totally differently. Who knows what exactly happened or what both sides are looking for. My guess is Dak doesn't want to go anywhere and even though he didn't get the deal was hoping for, he knows a 5 year $175M (or so) offer means that the team is committed to him. They wanted to give him more, not less years, so IMO that proves he is wanted badly. Dak knew that the worst case scenario was that he gets $31M this year to play Football in an Offense where he is a leader and seems to love playing in which he can put up big stats in and then become a FA next year or get $37M on another one year deal and possibly then a humongous deal as an UFA after that. Not bad IMO. If Dak does wants to go elsewhere or is truly unhappy he could sit out the offseason and then sit out the first 10 weeks of the season. I don't suspect he is going to do that, do you?

As for the Jones boys I think they understand the benefit of the tag for big $ players. They have now had three $20M per year plus players that they have signed. Tank they tagged, Dak they tagged and Coop they couldn't tag because they knew they likely were going to need it for Dak. I don't think they view the tag as a sign of disrespect or as meaning that they don't want a player. I think they see it for what it was meant to be when it was put in the CBA, a tool to be used to hold onto top players at a position when you can't come together on a deal that the team likes. :2cents:
oh i agree with you. but the fact that the Cowboys offered him more years and money and he turned it down. apparently he thinks he can get a lot more but is it from the Cowboys or some other team?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i agree with you. but the fact that the Cowboys offered him more years and money and he turned it down. apparently he thinks he can get a lot more but is it from the Cowboys or some other team?
Who knows. If he wants to go elsewhere there are a lot of steps he can take to try and force that. The last 4 years have told me that Dak prefers to be right where he is. I still feel neither side thinks that giving Dak $31M to play this year is an insult, a bad thing or will negatively affect their relationship. I just don't get everyone's desire to think this means anything more than the two sides are moving forward together albeit in a less conventional way

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most GM's would look at Dak and think he is a very good QB, but there is a valid question of how is he gonna elevate our 6-10 team when he had a great cast around him and went 8-8. He bet on himself but he better understand, wins are the numbers he needs now, not yards

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hypothetical scenario: the 2020 follows the same path as 2019. Cowboys with all their weapons comes up short again. the Cowboys fail to resign Dak and use the Franchise tag again;.

question 1: do the Cowboys resign Dalton if possible?: or

question 2: do the Cowboys use an early draft pick (1st, 2nd or 3rd) to draft a possible replacement?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how 35M per isn't sacrificing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hypothetical scenario: the 2020 follows the same path as 2019. Cowboys with all their weapons comes up short again. the Cowboys fail to resign Dak and use the Franchise tag again;.

question 2: do the Cowboys use an early draft pick (1st, 2nd or 3rd) to draft a possible replacement?
I think regardless of how the season goes if the Cowboys think there is a good chance that they tag Dak again (which basically makes him a FA the next year), they will do one or both of those things

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely #2. but if Dalton is cheap enough they would do both!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely #2. but if Dalton is cheap enough they would do both!
well it was a loaded post because i don't think the Cowboys and Dak will reach a deal next season so i think they tag him again so re-signing Dalton makes sense and using a #1, #2 or#3 to draft our future new Quarterback makes sense