• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I can't think of one QB who didn't require talent around him to reach their full potential. Aikman and Staubach had extremely talented teams. This makes zero sense.

2. Prescott was pretty good his rookie year and did you see the Atlanta game when TSmith was out? I don't know if any QB wouldn't have struggled.

Here's the thing UK....You can say I'm a Prescott ball washer. That was sealed when Woodsen said what he said about Prescott's leadership abilities. He said he was the best leader he had ever seen. Think about that for a minute, Woodsen played with Irvin, Aikman and Smith. Everything and I mean everything about Prescott screams team first. I'm down with that in this me first world we live in. Dak wanted 4 years like so many other resent QB signings. Logic says that is the smart play with a new TV contract coming. Jerry played hard ball. We'll see how this works out but for God's sake, please stop with this thought this team can roll with just anybody playing QB and get great results. Nothing and I mean nothing has shown this team to be that talented and nothing has shown this organization can pick a QB based on their evaluations
I don't see you as a ball washer Brother, we just see the situation a bit different. You love Dak and I think a heck of a lot of him as well. My thing is, the Cowboys offered him Russell Wilson money...and as much as I think of Dak, he isn't RW. He isn't gonna get Mahomes money from Jerry, but he sure as Heck isn't Mahomes. I think the final offer the Cowboys made that Dak turned was more than fair and I think it burned a bridge for Jerry. I really do

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see you as a ball washer Brother, we just see the situation a bit different. You love Dak and I think a heck of a lot of him as well. My thing is, the Cowboys offered him Russell Wilson money...and as much as I think of Dak, he isn't RW. He isn't gonna get Mahomes money from Jerry, but he sure as Heck isn't Mahomes. I think the final offer the Cowboys made that Dak turned was more than fair and I think it burned a bridge for Jerry. I really do
Fair enough...just remember, in 4 to 5 years, 3 or 4 QB's will make more than Mahomes and none will be better QB's. That's the way football go.

and yes...Jerry's bridge is most likely burned which will serve as another example of how Jerry held this team back when it's all said and done. I actually think Dak ends up in New Orleans or New England. Either way, he'll hoist a SB trophy before Jerry ever will

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just takes one team like you said. I thought Kirk was playing with fire too

My big issue with Dak is DAL put an offer on the table that would've secured his family for at least the next generation if not more. Sure, players all want the maximum they can get, I get that, but at some point ego is kicking in and making the offer look less than ideal.

I thought the 4yr/5r thing should not be the reason you're not signing...okay...double dipping on the signing bonus, etc I understand but that opportunity will be there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read say's this is just plain wrong. Dak wanted a 4 year deal like Wentz, Goff, Wilson and Tannehill. Hell, Watson prefers a 3 year deal. It's been said the average $$ per year was not the stumbling block. Jerry's best offer was 5 years with a less percentage of guaranteed $$ than any of those QB's. I think it just came down to term. Dak has made 4M in 4 years, wanted a deal similar to what other QB's got with the opportunity for another contract earlier in his prime after the new TV deal is in play. Dak wanted to be treated like other young franchise QB's and seems fine with 31.4M. Kid works hard, I think he'll be fine in the end rather that's in a Dallas uni or another team

I'm okay being wrong on this one....all I can say is I hope Dak knows what he's doing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting advice from his agent.
That's kinda of a given...at least we would hope that to be the case.

With that...$31 mil is a nice chunk of change to play for...if it works out long term...even better.

I'm for the players making the money so I would hate to see him over shoot his market. (like Clowney)..but if he's happy...I'm good.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda of a given...at least we would hope that to be the case.

With that...$31 mil is a nice chunk of change to play for...if it works out long term...even better.

I'm for the players making the money so I would hate to see him over shoot his market. (like Clowney)..but if he's happy...I'm good.
The sticking point is length of contract.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sticking point is length of contract.

Which I found bizarre for the player...I know the team wanted to spread the cap hit over a 5 yrs I assume and the player wanted the shorter term...bizarre in that he would nix the deal because of it, and I do understand other QBs have gotten 4 yrs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I found bizarre for the player...I know the team wanted to spread the cap hit over a 5 yrs I assume and the player wanted the shorter term...bizarre in that he would nix the deal because of it, and I do understand other QBs have gotten 4 yrs.
Dak wants what other QBs are getting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not or he would have signed the contract. He wants more and I have no problem with him wanting more. I'm sure Jerry would have given him Wentz's deal including the out after a couple of years and at $32M per.

The fact is no two deals are exactly alike. Clearly Dak had a deal that was at least comparable to what the other guys rec'd. His 4 vs 5 year argument weakened when he apparently was good with a 5 year deal with additional guaranteed money. People keep acting like it was a line drawn in the sand but it was never likely more than a bargaining chip. I'm sure Dak would take Mahomes 10 year deal in a second if offered.

Bottom line is who cares. As long as Dak shows up without missing any meetings or anything and is the same guy he was before and is not disgruntled this is a good deal for both sides. Dak gets $31M this year to do what he loves plus endorsement money and has insurance to protect himself if he is injured. The deadline passed and if either side was worried that much about it, they would have given in a little to make it happen. This is a complete non-story until next year. IMO

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not or he would have signed the contract. He wants more and I have no problem with him wanting more. I'm sure Jerry would have given him Wentz's deal including the out after a couple of years and at $32M per.

The fact is no two deals are exactly alike. Clearly Dak had a deal that was at least comparable to what the other guys rec'd. His 4 vs 5 year argument weakened when he apparently was good with a 5 year deal with additional guaranteed money. People keep acting like it was a line drawn in the sand but it was never likely more than a bargaining chip. I'm sure Dak would take Mahomes 10 year deal in a second if offered.
He wanted a four year deal but Jerry wanted five.
Bottom line is who cares. As long as Dak shows up without missing any meetings or anything and is the same guy he was before and is not disgruntled this is a good deal for both sides. Dak gets $31M this year to do what he loves plus endorsement money and has insurance to protect himself if he is injured. The deadline passed and if either side was worried that much about it, they would have given in a little to make it happen. This is a complete non-story until next year. IMO
Dak wanted a four year deal but Jerry wanted five.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, but are all the other QB/team situations the same? Most likely not...if the money/term wasn't fair...I could see Dak's side of it more I guess. But refusing because it's (term/money) is not the same as a other QBs...I don't.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but are all the other QB/team situations the same? Most likely not...if the money/term wasn't fair...I could see Dak's side of it more I guess. But refusing because it's (term/money) is not the same as a other QBs...I don't.
Maybe Dak just wants out of Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak wanted a four year deal but Jerry wanted five.
In an ideal world Dak preferred a 4 year deal. If you think he wouldn't have taken 5 or even 10 years if the deal was good enough you are kidding yourself