• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Gets Paid $160 mil over 4 years

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all the above, the CFL has been around a long time,

The CFL is over 60 years old, they don't pay anyone ridiculous $$$$. So how do they make it work?

My father raised 4 kids making a fraction of 35 mill a year, who needs 35 mill a year?
In obscurity?

Seriously dude... stick with the CFL. Even the Canadians on here will laugh audibly at this utterly absurd comparison.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all the above, the CFL has been around a long time,

The CFL is over 60 years old, they don't pay anyone ridiculous $$$$. So how do they make it work?

My father raised 4 kids making a fraction of 35 mill a year, who needs 35 mill a year?
do they get the same kinda TV revenue as the NFL.
Do they charge $700 a seat for the 40 yard line?
How bout $15 for a coke?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I’ve been to AT&T stadium a total of 4 times. None were for a Cowboys game. Won free tickets to the 2015 CFP game between Alabama & Michigan State... and the other three times were high school playoff games. I’m not spending the kind of money that Jerry is asking for seats on top of $70 just to park.
YES SIR....$15 ticket for a HS game is the best way to see AT&T Stadium

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFL doesn’t bring in even close to what the NFL brings in

That is obvious. Point is if a college player wants to play pro football they have two choices, the CFL or the NFL. There is no reason to pay these guys the money they do since the CFL isn't a legit option.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES SIR....$15 ticket for a HS game is the best way to see AT&T Stadium
Heck - $20 a ticket for three championship HS games in one day is an awesome way to spend an afternoon/evening.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they get the same kinda TV revenue as the NFL.
Do they charge $700 a seat for the 40 yard line?
How bout $15 for a coke?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing is a mess and doesn't have to be, the CFL an example of how pro football can work without getting ridiculous with $$$$$.

How did it gets like this?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing is a mess and doesn't have to be, the CFL an example of how pro football can work without getting ridiculous with $$$$$.

How did it gets like this?
I don’t think you quite understand how supply and demand works

the CFL generates less money so they have to work with less money

the NFL generates about 15 Billion a year so they don’t have to make it work for less

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak will never lead dallas to a super bowl.

Take it to the bank.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is obvious. Point is if a college player wants to play pro football they have two choices, the CFL or the NFL. There is no reason to pay these guys the money they do since the CFL isn't a legit option.
So you think a corporation that brings in 15 billion a year is going to pay its players less and the players are just gonna be cool with it?
I’m sure the owners would love to pay the players less and pocket the extra money but that’s not how it works

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think a corporation that brings in 15 billion a year is going to pay its players less and the players are just gonna be cool with it?
I’m sure the owners would love to pay the players less and pocket the extra money but that’s not how it works

Nobody has to play pro football, if a kid wants to make a few milion bucks he can play NFL football, he really has no other options. The owners $$$$ a total non factor,

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has to play pro football, if a kid wants to make a few milion bucks he can play NFL football, he really has no other options. The owners $$$$ a total non factor,
Not everyone can play football only people who have pretty much won the genetics lottery can

it’s not as easy as man I want to play football and you’re an nfl player.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone can play football only people who have pretty much won the genetics lottery can

it’s not as easy as man I want to play football and you’re an nfl player.

There are TONS of colleges that play football TONS, players all over the place from schools like...

Furman
Coe
Towston
Marylans Eastern shore
Baldwin Wallace
UOP
Saint Augustine
Tennessee State
Bethune Cookman
Texas A&I
and on and on and on and on....

There would never be a shortage of guys who would love to make a few million bucks in their life. The NFL doesn't need to pay these guys like they do, where is their competition? Yep, they have none so if you don't want the 3/4 million somebody else will.

There are around 50 HBCU schools that play football, all those guys would love to make a few million bucks.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are TONS of colleges that play football TONS, players all over the place from schools like...

Furman
Coe
Towston
Marylans Eastern shore
Baldwin Wallace
UOP
Saint Augustine
Tennessee State
Bethune Cookman
Texas A&I
and on and on and on and on....

There would never be a shortage of guys who would love to make a few million bucks in their life. The NFL doesn't need to pay these guys like they do, where is their competition? Yep, they have none so if you don't want the 3/4 million somebody else will.

There are around 50 HBCU schools that play football, all those guys would love to make a few million bucks.
Nobody would want to watch it, that’s not even a good argument

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just jivin' around....

Jerry Rice....Mississippi Valley State
Walter Payton....Jackson State
Tyreek Hill....Western Alabama
Terrell Owens...Chattanooga
Shannon Sharpe....Savannah State
Randy Moss....Marshall
Big Ben.....Miami of Ohio
Julian Edelman....Kent State QB
Kurt Warner......ah....help!
Dick Bass first Ram 1000 yard rusher.....UOP
Clem Daneils first Raider 1000 yard rusher.....Prairie View
Joe "Jet" Perry first Niner 1000 yard rusher....Compton JC

TONS of small school guys who would love an NFL contract, getting players no problem.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody would want to watch it, that’s not even a good argument

You aren't getting it, not saying the NFL doesn't also have the best SEC/ACC etc players, just saying there would never be a shortage of players. Who would pass up making one million dollars a year to do something else, well?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't getting it, not saying the NFL doesn't also have the best SEC/ACC etc players, just saying there would never be a shortage of players. Who would pass up making one million dollars a year to do something else, well?
I don’t think that’s up to them

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think that’s up to them

My song n' dance is when you are the only pro football league paying your players up to 5 million a season, who can pass that up? No need to get silly with 30 mill and that crazyness.

How much do people really need, we own a home, raised some kids, three vehicles, six big screen HD TV's, everything we want, frig full of food, freezer full of food, we want for nothing and totally set for life and have never made over a million in any year.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we still see Dak doing all those commercials, yep.....greedy!!!! Mahomes is greedy, as is Rodgers.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My song n' dance is when you are the only pro football league paying your players up to 5 million a season, who can pass that up? No need to get silly with 30 mill and that crazyness.

How much do people really need, we own a home, raised some kids, three vehicles, six big screen HD TV's, everything we want, frig full of food, freezer full of food, we want for nothing and totally set for life and have never made over a million in any year.
Yea I still don’t think you understand how supply and demand works