• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dafaq was that?!!?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that we lost as how we lost. We played like we didn't care. There was no passion or concern. No sense of urgency.

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they wanna be turning over the ball and playing sloppy unfocused football, they'll lose.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who didn't think this could (not necessarily would) happen hasn't been a Steeler fan for very long.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who didn't think this could (not necessarily would) happen hasn't been a Steeler fan for very long.

This...

Its almost like some of us knew this was going to happen so the letdown wasn't that bad... Still sucks, but oh well. I see Ben getting back on track next week.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

Its almost like some of us knew this was going to happen so the letdown wasn't that bad... Still sucks, but oh well. I see Ben getting back on track next week.

Unfortunately,

:agree:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that we lost as how we lost. We played like we didn't care. There was no passion or concern. No sense of urgency.

You mean played with no heart perhaps????

:lol:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

I want to really believe that, Face.. but, I just don't. If you guys haven't seen this stat yet, welp read it and weep:

Mike Tomlin is now 1-8 as Steelers head coach when they play teams w/ winning % of .200 or less on road.
:gaah:

That is freakin pathetic!

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all know the main fact about the team - as Ben goes, so go the Steelers. I don't care if he did throw for almost 350 yds and was under duress most of the day, he played poorly - making bad reads and forcing throws into tight or double coverage when there were better options available. One thing I noticed that bothers me is that often on other teams, during changes of possession the QB is sitting on the bench going over pictures of coverages with the OC and the backups. Ben, on the other hand is just standing on the sidelines with a towel around his neck watching the defense. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's our QB and I do consider him elite but this example of lack of attention to his craft frustrates me and IMO is what keeps him from attaining the more consistent performance level you see with Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to really believe that, Face.. but, I just don't. If you guys haven't seen this stat yet, welp read it and weep:

:gaah:

That is freakin pathetic!

Doesnt surprise me one bit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. Migrated over from another board that seems to be fading out. Thanks for the welcome. I try to stay objective in my comments but the current state of the team is incredibly frustrating. Beating two good teams and then losing to a doormat (yet again). Ben and AB going from All World status to both having 2 TOs? WTF?

I know the NFL is ultra-competitive anymore and "on any given Sunday blah blah blah" but at some point good teams play consistently good football on a weekly basis. After a couple weeks of teasing us, the Steelers again appear to be more pretenders than contenders.

But hey, at least we kept AB's streak alive!

Welcome Muddler! Sorry you had to come in on a bad note...it is...another bad loss.

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Muddler! Sorry you had to come in on a bad note...it is...another bad loss.

Thanks. Appreciate the warm welcome from everyone.

Not to worry about the timing - been an up and down year and the team is again demonstrating that it is who we thought it was: talented but inconsistent, capable of both great games and maddening under-performances. In short, likely destined for another 8&8, maybe 9&7 finish.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Appreciate the warm welcome from everyone.

Not to worry about the timing - been an up and down year and the team is again demonstrating that it is who we thought it was: talented but inconsistent, capable of both great games and maddening under-performances. In short, likely destined for another 8&8, maybe 9&7 finish.

Well...of course every team has talent...what is so frustrating about the Steelers is the inconsistency of the OFC with a proven triggerman....imo the DEF played well enough to win yesterday.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the offense just has to protect the ball better than they did. If they make even half as many turnovers yesterday, they likely either win, or have a tied ballgame going into the fourth quarter. Their red-zone offense is now back to being inept. Such a frustrating loss. :frusty:

And the worst part is we now have to wait until next Monday for another game :L

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic. Typical recent Steeler effort - playing down to an inferior (supposedly) opponent. I can't figure this team out at all. Beat two quality teams and then lose to a 1-8 team in a stadium half filled with Steeler Nation? What can ya say except here we go again - 8&8 baby - The Standard is the Standard.

Can Big Ben start respecting opponents now? Why is he always doing the opposite of what he's supposed to do each game based on the matchups? Yeah lets run Le'veon between the tackles at the goal line against that front rush while he won't even do that against soft run defenses like the jags, browns, texans. I wonder if Big Ben will ignore Bell against the titans too and proceed to just throw it up. Ben could have got a TD that drive if he tried to pass the ball. Or is this all Haley?

The more I think about it Big Ben's way of doing things may have ran Mendenhall and Parker out the door and if he's not careful Bell could be next. I've already offered Bell in my fantasy league for Sanders, Johnson, or DT because I don't trust Big Ben to work with his backs enough anymore.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Big Ben start respecting opponents now? Why is he always doing the opposite of what he's supposed to do each game based on the matchups? Yeah lets run Le'veon between the tackles at the goal line against that front rush while he won't even do that against soft run defenses like the jags, browns, texans. I wonder if Big Ben will ignore Bell against the titans too and proceed to just throw it up. Ben could have got a TD that drive if he tried to pass the ball. Or is this all Haley?

The more I think about it Big Ben's way of doing things may have ran Mendenhall and Parker out the door and if he's not careful Bell could be next. I've already offered Bell in my fantasy league for Sanders, Johnson, or DT because I don't trust Big Ben to work with his backs enough anymore.

Are you joking or something?

Ben only calls plays in no huddle and that's largely been effective this season.

Men'hall was finished as an effective RB, lasted what 1 season in AZ...Parker was crying about FA cash BEFORE he was a FA...not good...liked him though. I think any QB understands the value of a good RB, taking some of the load of, pass protection...the kid has 1200+ yds from scrimmage.

I'm not that big into fantasy thus, lost on your post.