• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2 2017 rookie draft

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly,

I think it still should snake. Non-snake drafts in fantasy are just unfair. Early first picks are already a pretty sizeable advantage for weaker teams.

Not sure if this was ever discussed or not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly,

I think it still should snake. Non-snake drafts in fantasy are just unfair. Early first picks are already a pretty sizeable advantage for weaker teams.

Can't remember myself and it's a good point, but a little late for this draft I think. Picks have been traded all over the place, based on how the draft was set up. We should address this ( unless it already has been) for next years draft, but let's do it after the draft.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasties have always been straight drafts. So no it was not discussed, but we can bring it up after the draft is done for next year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly,

In a dynasty, as in real life, the draft isn't about fairness, its about encouraging parity. Worst to first so that bad teams don't stay bad simply because they never catch a break.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasties have always been straight drafts. So no it was not discussed, but we can bring it up after the draft is done for next year.

I have played in dynasties before. Never had a draft that didn't snake.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a dynasty, as in real life, the draft isn't about fairness, its about encouraging parity. Worst to first so that bad teams don't stay bad simply because they never catch a break.

And the opportunity to draft players like Fournette and McCaffery isn't a break?

IMO, a non snake draft incentives tanking far too much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before you all go nuts on the tanking thing, I am talking about legal tanking. Trading current assets for future assets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in 4 dynasty leagues counting this one. Not a one of them snake. I'm not against snaking, kind of like the idea, but let's get thru this draft before we tackle that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As have I, and never had a dynasty rookie draft that did snake

And the opportunity to draft players like Fournette and McCaffery isn't a break?

The realistic value of most if the guys you'll get after round 1, whether you snake or not, is negligible at best. Hitting on anything after the first 8-10 picks is more about research, and luck than your draft spot, and if the draft order is set by last years finish, makes no sense to change it up halfway through

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer non snake (and have never done snake) but Im not sure it makes that much of a difference. Treff is right that the idea is to allow for parity. Its not good for the league if the worst teams cant improve and the best way to help them is through the draft. It does incentivize tanking but I actually think thats a very valid strategy in dynasty assuming you are active, and setting your best lineup each week (though that might be a whole other discussion).

All that said...Im not sure snaking really makes THAT much of a difference. It would only change the order of the 2nd and 4th rounds for us. In the 4th round the difference is almost definitely negligible and in the 2nd its not negligible but its also not huge.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before you all go nuts on the tanking thing, I am talking about legal tanking. Trading current assets for future assets.

Serious question though...is that bad? It hasnt really come up in this league (although I think I may have asked about it once before).

Personally, I dont see how theres anything wrong with trading current assets for future ones but Id be interested in everybodys thoughts.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question though...is that bad? It hasnt really come up in this league (although I think I may have asked about it once before).

Personally, I dont see how theres anything wrong with trading current assets for future ones but Id be interested in everybodys thoughts.

There is a big difference in trading away Lavon Bell for marginal players and future draft picks, then leaving him on your bench. Now selling off your entire team is a different matter.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't. .i mean if the point of dynasty is to build a winning team both now and in the future. . if you just don't have the juice this year, the only right thing tho do both for you and the competitiveness of the league long term, is to do whatever you can to get better next year. .. so long as your not being a jack wang and starting Osweiler over Rodgers.. that screwes with league parity

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't. .i mean if the point of dynasty is to build a winning team both now and in the future. . if you just don't have the juice this year, the only right thing tho do both for you and the competitiveness of the league long term, is to do whatever you can to get better next year. .. so long as your not being a jack wang and starting Osweiler over Rodgers.. that screwes with league parity

Right on. No point on holding onto a losing roster, build for the future if your roster doesn't cut it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom and baby discharged tomorrow, so I'll be off work but checking in on phone, will be able to pick tonight if we get to #10

Congratulations Monkey. Nothing in the world like it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and with the 4th pick "An Cat Dubh" who henceforth will be named "Barilko's Cat Dubh" (thus no more asking who the F An Cat is)

takes Corey Davis

@SteelersPride @obxyankeefan i guess OTC