• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2 2017 rookie draft

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we all have a little Milk in us. Sometimes complicated is fun, sometimes it is a headache.

I'll give ya that. It's why I'm a sucker for some of Milk's leagues. They have the potential for crazy fun.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but I do think it adds a different flavor to it and once people learn how to use it and make it work for them I think more people are going to like it. I also think it does bring you closer to an actual NFL GM by expanding the rosters in the off season, preseason, and then putting back to game size during the season.

The main thing with right now is determining how long into the preseason we keep it. I do not think it needs to go completely away and I also do not think we need to extend it into the season.

Extending it into the season just means we are expanding the rosters, which we had a long discussion about last year while setting this up and 20 was agreed upon then. Getting rid of it completely is kind of a slap in the face of those who wanted a larger roster, and the voting was close if I remember correctly.

Finally, like @HaroldSeattle said this league is more progressive FF then D1 and was started not to have a second Dynasty, but to allow for some Milkian rules.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, @MilkSpiller22 , you are being honored here!

Are your ears burning? :pound::pound::pound:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but I do think it adds a different flavor to it and once people learn how to use it and make it work for them I think more people are going to like it. I also think it does bring you closer to an actual NFL GM by expanding the rosters in the off season, preseason, and then putting back to game size during the season.
^^^ this.

I hope I'm understanding what is being discussed before I go on a rant?

For anyone pining over keeping the taxi squad permanently... not sure if you guys remember last season? My team did well and it was a real struggle to keep a competitive team rostered each week.
16 teams people!
Talent on the WW is thin enough as it is. Adding 80 more players via a taxi squad all season will essentially destroy any realistic help.
Please, no.

you are being honored here!

200.webp

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh, Joe. Let's not go too far. ;)

you are being honored here!
200.webp

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ this.

I hope I'm understanding what is being discussed before I go on a rant?

For anyone pining over keeping the taxi squad permanently... not sure if you guys remember last season? My team did well and it was a real struggle to keep a competitive team rostered each week.
16 teams people!
Talent on the WW is thin enough as it is. Adding 80 more players via a taxi squad all season will essentially destroy any help.
Please, no.

200.webp
Heck Joe we are talking about a rookie taxi squad, we all know you got no use for those guys.:dhd:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have now mirrors the NFL quite well.

Rosters expand after the draft and teams get a few weeks to evaluate talent before trimming down to the 53 man roster. That is almost exactly what we have going here, and I really like it.

I also think the possibility of extending it year round would take away from having it in the first place. Let's just be thankful we have a place to roster out 7th round rookie through the preseason.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have now mirrors the NFL quite well.

Rosters expand after the draft and teams get a few weeks to evaluate talent before trimming down to the 53 man roster. That is almost exactly what we have going here, and I really like it.

I also think the possibility of extending it year round would take away from having it in the first place. Let's just be thankful we have a place to roster out 7th round rookie through the preseason.
As long as the cut down does not happen before preseason starts.