• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-League better than College?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Cuban says NBA D-League better option than NCAA - ESPN Dallas

Interesting read. I've wondered for a couple of years now if a prospect would ever just try to go straight to the D-League. The D-League is actually developing into a fairly decent minor league system so I'm interested in seeing what happens with it the next few years and part of that has been a HSer going straight to the D.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will read later but I mostly agree. Especially 1 and Done's who's their education will be worth nothing but they should make $24k in the D League.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Cuban says NBA D-League better option than NCAA - ESPN Dallas

Interesting read. I've wondered for a couple of years now if a prospect would ever just try to go straight to the D-League. The D-League is actually developing into a fairly decent minor league system so I'm interested in seeing what happens with it the next few years and part of that has been a HSer going straight to the D.

When the D-league first was formed, I thought it could be a good option for those players who don't want to or can't attend college.

Not sure it's a better option right now, but I see no reason why it couldn't be in the future.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying all that crap to sell the D-League. When was the last time you saw a D-League headline on the front page of ESPN?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the article. Might be some of the smartest things Cuban's ever said.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the article. Might be some of the smartest things Cuban's ever said.

Nothing will ever be smarter than what he says about ref accountability, but this is a close 2nd.

I really like the idea of a 1 and done D league rule but a must be 21 if you went to school. Obviously the most NBA ready players would go to the D-League but they should. It is a trade school to be an NBA player. You don't go to college to be a welder or plumber, you go t o a trade school.

The players who have a lesser shot at the NBA will go to school and get a 3 year education they can use when they don't make it.

There should be an option after 1 year of college a player can decide to play 1 year in the D-League and get in after 2 years.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-League is definitely less hypocritical than college sports.

Whether or not it's more entertaining than college sports is debatable but I don't really care about that.

I've always been in favor of letting would-be pros have an alternative to "shamateurism."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-League is definitely less hypocritical than college sports.

Whether or not it's more entertaining than college sports is debatable but I don't really care about that.

I've always been in favor of letting would-be pros have an alternative to "shamateurism."

:agree: As Cuban pointed out, the one and done's are basically in school for a semester and we want to pretend they are "student-athletes". Plus, a one and done takes a scholarship away from a kid who may be a little less talented, but may actually stay for 3-4 years.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything to shut up the whiny "exploited" student athlete demanding to get paid.

A fully developed D-league along with overseas options completely defrauds any notion of competitive options absence.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: As Cuban pointed out, the one and done's are basically in school for a semester and we want to pretend they are "student-athletes". Plus, a one and done takes a scholarship away from a kid who may be a little less talented, but may actually stay for 3-4 years.
Thanks for backing me up.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No prob. Btw, I like that term "shamateurism" and want to let you know I'm stealing it!!
It's not original with me.

Don't remember where or when I first saw it but I'd guess it was 5 or more years ago.

You've really never seen it before?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not original with me.

Don't remember where or when I first saw it but I'd guess it was 5 or more years ago.

You've really never seen it before?

Not that I remember.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying all that crap to sell the D-League. When was the last time you saw a D-League headline on the front page of ESPN?

When was the last time AAA or thd AHL ever made it to ESPN. Doesn't mean they aren't effective.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time AAA or thd AHL ever made it to ESPN. Doesn't mean they aren't effective.

I want to add that D league has been making some headlines lately. #TMZPN being paid to air that