• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler placed on IR

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fox capable of being forthright?

I realize there is a hold yer cards to yer chest mentality, but ffs, if everything you say turns out to be the opposite, I guess you just start to assume that?

Well...good luck to Jay wherever he goes. I think we've officially seen the last of him here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fox capable of being forthright?

I realize there is a hold yer cards to yer chest mentality, but ffs, if everything you say turns out to be the opposite, I guess you just start to assume that?

Well...good luck to Jay wherever he goes. I think we've officially seen the last of him here.

I think he was waiting to see how Barkley did. If he would have been as bad as many of us thought he might be. I honestly think Cutler would have played again this year. Cutler's season ended the moment that the Bears became intrigued with seeing more of Barkley.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was waiting to see how Barkley did. If he would have been as bad as many of us thought he might be. I honestly think Cutler would have played again this year. Cutler's season ended the moment that the Bears became intrigued with seeing more of Barkley.

I suppose that could be the case, but it's not like there is something to salvage of this season anyway. Just seems weird to hold out, when the season is tanked anyway.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose that could be the case, but it's not like there is something to salvage of this season anyway. Just seems weird to hold out, when the season is tanked anyway.

I think we all thought there was a chance Barkley was going to be an utter disaster. On top of playing with this squad of backups and 3rd stringers, that could have been real ugly. I honestly think Fox was just telling Cutler to hold tight for a week. The season is undoubtedly tanked no matter what, but you don't want to become the laughing stock of the decade. Which I honestly thought we were on the verge of being.

Like you said, if they already knew Jay was finished, it makes no sense to keep it quiet. They came out and told the media pretty fast when White, Trevathan, Houston... etc... were going to IR. This is why I think it was a wait and see thing with Barkley first.

A nicked up labrum is something you can play through without much pain. I have personal experience with playing through a labrum in college, and it's clearly better to get it fixed ASAP if possible. However, it's quite do able. I think that's where they were on the fence with Jay. If Barkley is just serviceable, get the surgery. If he's a train wreck, get back out there. He wound up playing a solid game.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had this labrum deal before in that shoulder. I do remember the broken vagina jokes earlier in his career.
I wonder if they are thinking of signing another practice squad QB.

Arizona:Aaron Murray (shows on Phillys site)
Atlanta:Matt Simms
Cleveland:Kevin Hogan
Dallas:Jamiel Showers
Detroit: Jake Rudock
Minny:Joel Stave
Giants: Logan Thomas

Dont know much about any of them and not trying to be a smart ass, but the rate we lose QB's this year, you wonder if Barkley and Fales will make it to the end.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had this labrum deal before in that shoulder. I do remember the broken vagina jokes earlier in his career.
I wonder if they are thinking of signing another practice squad QB.

Arizona:Aaron Murray (shows on Phillys site)
Atlanta:Matt Simms
Cleveland:Kevin Hogan
Dallas:Jamiel Showers
Detroit: Jake Rudock
Minny:Joel Stave
Giants: Logan Thomas

Dont know much about any of them and not trying to be a smart ass, but the rate we lose QB's this year, you wonder if Barkley and Fales will make it to the end.

Hogan is back on the practice squad for Cleveland? He was starting just a few weeks ago. I knew McCown got healthy, but I figured he was still the backup. I suppose RGIII is coming back, so that may knock him off of the roster.

Aaron Murray, I remember from a nice college career he had with Georgia. I remember I thought he'd be an okay guy to take a flier on at the time. He's bounced around practice squads quite a bit though.

Pretty sure Stave was Iowa's QB. Not much interest in him.

I don't know that we bring anyone in unless Barkley gets hurt.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barkley is the next Tom Brady. We will win the super bowl next year.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan is back on the practice squad for Cleveland? He was starting just a few weeks ago. I knew McCown got healthy, but I figured he was still the backup. I suppose RGIII is coming back, so that may knock him off of the roster.

Aaron Murray, I remember from a nice college career he had with Georgia. I remember I thought he'd be an okay guy to take a flier on at the time. He's bounced around practice squads quite a bit though.

I was trying to find a practice squad listing and this could be outdated since Barkley was on the bears list. I guess the thought in my head was when the bears, (I just spelled that bares, almost makes sense) put Fales on the 53 to protect someone signing him came to mind.

Matt Simms was kind of interesting since his dad is Phil, but he is 28, played college ball at Tennessee so I would not think it would be more than a last chance to see NFL action.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn labia for Cuntler. Pretty rough.

You guys are much better off giving Barkley a chance and saying farewell to one of the biggest bitches in football.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stave was Wisconsin QB

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at the bright side, maybe Kaperdick will torch the bears like he did in his rookie season and we will trade the next draft for him so some of us can still have a quarterback we can hate.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn labia for Cuntler. Pretty rough.

You guys are much better off giving Barkley a chance and saying farewell to one of the biggest bitches in football.

Lol, some people hate Cutler so much. For what reason, I have no clue. However, it is pretty funny. To call Cutler a bitch is borderline delusional. Call him a shit QB all you'd like, but the guy has proved his toughness over and over. One of the toughest players I've ever seen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at the bright side, maybe Kaperdick will torch the bears like he did in his rookie season and we will trade the next draft for him so some of us can still have a quarterback we can hate.

We're not trading for Kaep.

However, this game will decide the #2 pick behind Cleveland, most likely.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck, I went to that game. Shit was rough.