• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutdowns

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to reduce our roster from 90 to 75 players by Aug 30.

With that in mind I think the team will have a tough time figuring out which RB's make the final roster. The rookies haven't had much opportunity due to many injuries at the position.The 4th PS game is going to be all important to those guys.
I think Boykin wins the backup QB job. Of course, JS will be watching the waiver wire in his ongoing attempts to improve the team. Do they sign a vet, or keep Boykin?
A couple of WR's are on the bubble and it will be interesting to see who makes the final cut.
Those that survive this cut will get 1 more game and a couple of practices to impress.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I think the backup QB discussion is over. It's Boykin without a doubt. He costs absolutely nothing, and he's more or less had a similar pre-season to what RW had as a rookie in winning the starting job. Not quite as good, but it definitely reminds me of it.

RBs: probably Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins, and Tukuafu. I know Pope has looked good, but I think Collins was too productive in college to cut him for a street FA.

WRs: Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse, Richardson, Kasen Williams, and McEvoy. The last spot or 2 tough to call -- think McEvoy has the edge with his potential ability to play TE as well. Lawler hasn't impressed me at all in the 2 games I've seen -- too many drops and he makes Richardson look thick. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks look to the WR cuts around the league to grab a vet to add to this group.

Will also be interesting to see what happens at both ends of the OL. Guard to Guard looks pretty solid, but they've been shuffling the tackles a lot. It may just be Sowell on the left and Gilliam on the right.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I think the backup QB discussion is over. It's Boykin without a doubt. He costs absolutely nothing, and he's more or less had a similar pre-season to what RW had as a rookie in winning the starting job. Not quite as good, but it definitely reminds me of it.

RBs: probably Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins, and Tukuafu. I know Pope has looked good, but I think Collins was too productive in college to cut him for a street FA.

WRs: Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse, Richardson, Kasen Williams, and McEvoy. The last spot or 2 tough to call -- think McEvoy has the edge with his potential ability to play TE as well. Lawler hasn't impressed me at all in the 2 games I've seen -- too many drops and he makes Richardson look thick. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks look to the WR cuts around the league to grab a vet to add to this group.

Will also be interesting to see what happens at both ends of the OL. Guard to Guard looks pretty solid, but they've been shuffling the tackles a lot. It may just be Sowell on the left and Gilliam on the right.

Well if you think what Collins did in college was productive look up what pope did at Jacksonville State MAN. but I don't know how much stock you can give a players college stats Thomas Rawls didn't do to much in college and he was a street free agent

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For obvious reasons, I'd like Kasen to make the team. I just don't know if he'll make it but I hope you're right.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawler either gets signed off the PS by another team, or ends up on the practice squad. Can't teach hands. I see Bobby Engram potential there.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the argument can be made tha Arky RB's have not been that productive in the pros

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you think what Collins did in college was productive look up what pope did at Jacksonville State MAN. but I don't know how much stock you can give a players college stats Thomas Rawls didn't do to much in college and he was a street free agent

But the argument can be made tha Arky RB's have not been that productive in the pros

I didn't bring up Collins' college production to make a case for him doing well in the NFL, rather I think that will help give him the benefit of the doubt for making the team. They drafted the guy, and usually that means they liked him enough to use the pick....so it typically takes a bit more to give up on those guys so soon.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawler either gets signed off the PS by another team, or ends up on the practice squad. Can't teach hands. I see Bobby Engram potential there.
The hands haven't showed up yet though, unless you're talking about practice (where's Allen Iverson when you need him?). In the last 2 pre-season games (the only ones I've seen), I haven't been impressed.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bring up Collins' college production to make a case for him doing well in the NFL, rather I think that will help give him the benefit of the doubt for making the team. They drafted the guy, and usually that means they liked him enough to use the pick....so it typically takes a bit more to give up on those guys so soon.

Maybe for other NFL teams, but Seattle doesn't care when/where you were drafted when they decide who wears the uni. 32 of the 69 players who suited up last year were undrafted. Only 26 players on last year's squad were drafted by the Sehawks, and 5 of those are now gone. There are only 20 of the 56 or so draft picks since 2010 that are still on the team now. If Seattle decides to keep Pope or Collins - I just don't think draft position is going to have much to do with the decision.

Personally, I lean Pope. He just plays with a chip on his shoulder, and the Hawks have had great success with these types of players. Collins just hasn't shown anything this preseason that makes me think that he's fighting to get the position. Either way, whoever it is - unless something goes terribly wrong, we're looking at a player who'll get maybe 10 - 20 touches the entire season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hands haven't showed up yet though, unless you're talking about practice (where's Allen Iverson when you need him?). In the last 2 pre-season games (the only ones I've seen), I haven't been impressed.

He's caught some balls actually. He even caught one from Wilson. Brock and Salk had some audio from Pete singling him out for praise after the Minnesota game I believe.

Apparently he also made the key block on Boykin's TD run against the Pokes.

To elaborate though, he's not going to get a LOT of playing time even in pre-season, just because of the depth Seattle has in that group, and he's probably NOT going to make the regular season roster, just because he doesn't seem to be cut out to be a special teams asset.

But I think they like his routes/hands enough to try and stash him on the PS.

There's a catch from Boykin

Trevone Boykin finds Kenny Lawler for the 23-yard catch

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Collins makes the roster. Feel like the Seahawks weigh practice heavily when deciding on who makes the roster and Collins had a good camp from reports I've read.:2cents:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans make there opinion on who we keep based on what they see in the preseason games. While a team gets more of their facts from what they see in training camp. Special teams contributions will also play a huge role in who makes or doesn't make the team

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for other NFL teams, but Seattle doesn't care when/where you were drafted when they decide who wears the uni. 32 of the 69 players who suited up last year were undrafted. Only 26 players on last year's squad were drafted by the Sehawks, and 5 of those are now gone. There are only 20 of the 56 or so draft picks since 2010 that are still on the team now. If Seattle decides to keep Pope or Collins - I just don't think draft position is going to have much to do with the decision.
I get all that, honest I do. But I think subconsciously it will matter that the team thought enough of him draft him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that, honest I do. But I think subconsciously it will matter that the team thought enough of him draft him.

That only goes so far. Really, as soon as training camp begins, how the team felt about a player before the draft should be almost irrelevant.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That only goes so far. Really, as soon as training camp begins, how the team felt about a player before the draft should be almost irrelevant.
Right, I get that but we just drafted the guy like 4 months ago. They're not gonna dump him this soon.

Now, 2 more years down the road and he doesn't come around like Michael didn't, then yeah they'll cut slingload. But he'll be on the team this year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I get that but we just drafted the guy like 4 months ago. They're not gonna dump him this soon.

Now, 2 more years down the road and he doesn't come around like Michael didn't, then yeah they'll cut slingload. But he'll be on the team this year.

Michael was a high pick. Collins is a fifth rounder. PCJS have drafted five players in the 4th and 5th rounds that didn't make final cuts their rookie year. He may very well make the roster, but not at the cost of someone who PCJS feels outperformed him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michael was a high pick. Collins is a fifth rounder. PCJS have drafted five players in the 4th and 5th rounds that didn't make final cuts their rookie year. He may very well make the roster, but not at the cost of someone who PCJS feels outperformed him.

So does draft position matter or not? Seems you're going kinda both ways on it or at least hedging your bet.

Either way, fair enough. I guess we'll see how it shakes out. My prediction is Collins makes the team. Yours?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does draft position matter or not? Seems you're going kinda both ways on it or at least hedging your bet.

Either way, fair enough. I guess we'll see how it shakes out. My prediction is Collins makes the team. Yours?

It matters for some. Because some draft picks are bigger financial investments. But when you're talking about anything after the third round, I wouldn't put it past this regime to go with the undrafted overachiever than someone whose college tape they liked.

I don't think he does. But I think he clears waivers and ends up on the PS.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Collins makes the roster. Feel like the Seahawks weigh practice heavily when deciding on who makes the roster and Collins had a good camp from reports I've read.:2cents:

Well, to be fair, nearly everyone is being praised for how great their camp has been.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, nearly everyone is being praised for how great their camp has been.....

Mmm I guess you got a point there. Still think he makes the roster, Rawls hasn't played in games yet, they feel he's ready, but what if he's not or has a complication? CM then becomes the starter and his back up would be......?