• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo's glove is solid, and he's been a good RBI man (he already has more RBI's than Posey in about 30 less AB's). There is NOTHING for him to learn in Sacto that he can't learn in SF. Gonor and Hill have nothing left to learn. If Arroyo or Mac are sent down for Hill and Gonor, it makes no sense to me.
There is talk of Pence going on a rehab assignment soon. I would guess that one of Hill, Ruggiano, Hernandez or Morse will be out of a job when he gets activated.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ruggiano has done enough to keep his spot (for now). Hill, Morse and Hernandez are dead weight.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So IDK if this was known (it's news to me), but Hwang has a July 1st opt-out. I'd say chances are pretty good the Giants won't allow him to get away, assuming he continues to hit at this clip.

So even though Hill and Gillaspie are coming back, it probably won't be for long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So IDK if this was known (it's news to me), but Hwang has a July 1st opt-out. I'd say chances are pretty good the Giants won't allow him to get away, assuming he continues to hit at this clip.

So even though Hill and Gillaspie are coming back, it probably won't be for long.
I hope they keep him. That probably will require a trade, though (Panik?).

Unless they just add him as depth, in which case, maybe Nunez needs to be dealt.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they keep him. That probably will require a trade, though (Panik?).

Unless they just add him as depth, in which case, maybe Nunez needs to be dealt.

He's not good enough defensively to run out there everyday, and I'm not even convinced about his bat yet. He'd only be a reserve, I think.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not good enough defensively to run out there everyday, and I'm not even convinced about his bat yet. He'd only be a reserve, I think.
So he would be an offensive 4th OF/Util 2?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right-handed Gillapsie basically, with Arroyo bouncing around if need be. The OF hasn't gone well so far for him.
If he is going to be restricted to 3B and 1B, why bother keeping him? I would rather keep Gonor's grittiness.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill activated from the DL

Okert sent down.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have cut ties with Kyle Blanks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Calixte is being called up from AAA. I just mentioned this possibility last night in the Down on the Farm thread.

No corresponding move announced yet, but I can't think of anyone other than Arroyo or Gorkys.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Calixte is being called up from AAA. I just mentioned this possibility last night in the Down on the Farm thread.

No corresponding move announced yet, but I can't think of anyone other than Arroyo.
Interesting. Wonder if he will only last until Gillaspie is ready.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Wonder if he will only last until Gillaspie is ready.

I threw in an edit and added Gorkys. He can back up pretty much every position except C (but I'd be willing to bet he's the emergency catcher), so I guess every backup is at risk here.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I threw in an edit and added Gorkys. He can back up pretty much every position except C (but I'd be willing to bet he's the emergency catcher), so I guess every backup is at risk here.
Among the candidates:
Hundley - the dude isn't going anywhere. He actually hits home runs with men on base.
Arroyo - not technically a back up but has struggled of late and the FO may want to send him down
Williamson - been playing most days but is also struggling. Should get more time (I like cal's idea, another two months) but the FO may be impatient with him and could send him down.
Hernandez - He should be sent packing, unfortunately. He doesn't seem to be contributing either offensively or defensively.
Ruggiano - numbers are a bit weak but are better than Hernandez or Williamson's.
Hill - awful numbers but he's a veteran so he is more secure than most on this list.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among the candidates:
Hundley - the dude isn't going anywhere. He actually hits home runs with men on base.
Arroyo - not technically a back up but has struggled of late and the FO may want to send him down
Williamson - been playing most days but is also struggling. Should get more time (I like cal's idea, another two months) but the FO may be impatient with him and could send him down.
Hernandez - He should be sent packing, unfortunately. He doesn't seem to be contributing either offensively or defensively.
Ruggiano - numbers are a bit weak but are better than Hernandez or Williamson's.
Hill - awful numbers but he's a veteran so he is more secure than most on this list.

And Morse. But I also said in the other thread, a guy like Calixte allows the Giants to carry one-trick ponies or 13 pitchers. So, oddly, Morse is likely the safest, outside of Hundley.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Morse. But I also said in the other thread, a guy like Calixte allows the Giants to carry one-trick ponies or 13 pitchers. So, oddly, Morse is likely the safest, outside of Hundley.
I knew I was missing someone. Yeah, he's more safe than anyone on that list outside of Hundley.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I was missing someone. Yeah, he's more safe than anyone on that list outside of Hundley.

Arroyo, Ruggiano, and Williamson are all in today's lineup.

So I'm happy. Means it's down to Morse, Hill or Gorkys, or a DL move.