• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs World Series parade ranks as 7th largest

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th largest gathering of people in human history that is... large

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? Top 6?

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An estimated 5 million people showed up to the Chicago parade. Disappointingly, only 2 million people were shot. Well below expectations.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in attendance. I went with the wife and boys and a friend and his boy. Took the South Shore train from South Bend into downtown and stopped right at Grant Park. Got in town at about 7am and people were already at the fences waiting to get in. The train was standing room only both ways.

The crowd was massive and unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Took forever to get into Grant Park but we were able to get front row for the parade, 15 feet from the busses/players. We were even right by a confetti gun so while the players were passing, and the fans were screaming, we got to witness the entire thing with confetti raining down upon us. I will never forget that moment.

Leaving it took about an hour or so to walk about two blocks to get back to the train station. We did much more waiting than seeing the players, but it was so worth it. All of the fans were great. People were even climbing trees and jumping into the crowd. We saw one guy who was standing on top of a concrete podium at about 8am dancing and singing. He was still there 6 hours later when we were leaving. Unreal.

All in all, the wait and the long train rides were worth every moment being able to share it with the fam and friends. We even got stopped by our local newspaper as we got off the train and they interviewed the boys about how and what they were feeling. Memories to last a lifetime. I've got a video and will try and upload later.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome, great to see a good turnout for this.