• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs won't win World Series this year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have already did better than I had hoped in this series - they really performed well. They will need a minimum of one more win before heading back to Wriggly Field.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs have been shutout for 18 straight innings. The Cubs are not fine. They are choking like the Cubs always do.

I'll be surprised if they win another game.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Madden is a horrible manager BTW. This guy looked like his team has already lost the series. Every cut to him made him look like some dopey fragile old man. Thay guy aged 20 years in a fee months it seems. I hope he's healthy but I'm glad his team isn't.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there was also truth to the worries of "Can they hit good pitching in the playoffs". The lineup is very youthful and not very balanced.

The Mets shut them down last year and all the good pitchers they've faced this post season have as well. I think I could hit Samardja.
The issue they had last year is that they couldn't hit high velocity fastballs to save their life. IIRC I saw a graph that showed the Cubs batting average dropped more severely than any other team when facing high heat.

This year? Not sure. This might just be the Dodgers year. They've underperformed in the playoffs for awhile now that its almost surprising when they play like they should.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to the Cubs to win it because they aren't the loveable losers this year like they have been in the past. This team feels like all-star capable.

However, if they don't win it, I hope there is something dramatic that keeps them from winning it like another bartman incident. The curse must continue.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue they had last year is that they couldn't hit high velocity fastballs to save their life. IIRC I saw a graph that showed the Cubs batting average dropped more severely than any other team when facing high heat.

This year? Not sure. This might just be the Dodgers year. They've underperformed in the playoffs for awhile now that its almost surprising when they play like they should.

This year they are struggling against off speed pitches in hitters counts.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just no consistency with our offense or bullpen...The fact that we've continually gone to Champman in the 8th with runners on signifies that.

We may or may not get past the Dodgers, but I firmly believe whoever wins the A.L. is probably going to win it all, because this is the time of year weaknesses become exposed, and the Cubs certainly have that. Addison Russell has been awful, he's looking like a 22-year-old at the plate at this point.

I've said when Theo came aboard back in 2011 that 2017 would be our magic year and I'm sticking to it.

Now please be wrong and let us win it this year.;)

Reverse Jinx?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Cubs fans said the same thing in 1909.

When the Cardinals spend the most money in the league only to end up in last place like the Red Sox specialize in you may have some room to talk.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Cardinals spend the most money in the league only to end up in last place like the Red Sox specialize in you may have some room to talk.

Maybe some day you'll get to see them beat the Red Sox in the WS.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nice. Have fun playing second fiddle in your division over the next five or so years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nice. Have fun playing second fiddle in your division over the next five or so years.
5 years or so? If thats the case then we really did need the Astros player info and we'll bottom out in 2 years.

Cubs aren't going anywhere as long as Lester, Arrieta and Hendricks are all pitching like 1s so they might be the best team in baseball for the next year or two but I dont think that has any major bearing on whether or not the Cardinals can win 90+ games every year for the next 5.

We lose Matt Holliday next year and Molina as a good player likely in the next 2. Matt Carpenter will get moved down the lineup which might be messing with fire but might also be a good improvement. Cardinals will have the bats to replace Holliday imo but thats a hit to depth and no gain to fielding with how they played last year (not even going to look at stats but the defense was awful).

What sad is that the Cardinals trade that would make the most sense is STL picking up Jason Heyward again which would just be lol but Matt Holliday looked like a bad contract when we picked him up but he hit well in our ballpark so STL took the risk. I dont see that happening just due to that being the weirdest trade possibility in recent memory but I do think the Cards make a move on an outfielder somewhere even in a weak FA class.

STL obvious needs better performances out of Wacha, Leake, Lynn and Garcia next year to get their win total back into the playoff race but I dont think thats unrealistic at all. They have enough arms with potential that they dont need all of them to improve. Just one or two as long as CarMart is still a #1.