• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuban Cubs: By Special Request

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following is a work of fiction, based off of Baseball Mogul 2014 and is via a special request by herky.

Palms sweaty, Moisture building on his eyebrows. Veins ready to explode from his forehead.

Bud Selig was a very uncomfortable man.

He looked over at Donald Fehr, his former adversary, and Fehr had nearly the same pale complexion, same sweaty brow. Same shaky hands.

"Shall we goo on?"

Selig looked back at the representative and swallowed twice before finding his voice. "This is extortion. Blackmail! You can't do this!"

"Mister Selig," the stranger said. "Considering how dirty your hands truly are in this entire PED issue, do you really want to try that tactic with us? Listen. We're not trying to get money from either of you. We don't even want you to step down as Commissioner. Although, we may be in a large minority when it comes to that."

Selig reddened again.

"I'm not even the union boss, anymore," Fehr said.

"True. We just would like you to help persuade Mister Selig to consider our request."

"Fine." Selig sighed and leaned back. "By all means. What do you want from me?"

"Our client has been attempting to become a part of the baseball fraternity but there are some whom do not wish for this to happen."

Selig and Fehr glanced at each other, lack of comprehension clear on their faces.

"Okay, let me be more clear. He has attempted to purchase the Chicago Cubs but that transaction has met with ...ahhh...resistance, if you will."

Selig's eyes widened. "No. No! Oh hell no! You can't be serious."

At that moment, the door opened and the unmistakable grin of Mark Cuban brightened and darkened the room at the same time.

"Afternoon, gentlemen, I do hope I'm not too late."

To be continued....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“He’s forcing his way into baseball! We can’t let him do that!”

“We have to stop him! Send him a message!”

“I can hire a hitman.”

“Oh, shut up, Hank! You’re the only one who would be worse than Cuban. Thankfully, your brother isn’t a total idiot.”

“Quiet,” Selig said. “Bottom line is….all our hands are dirty. We all knew what McGwire and Sosa and Bonds and ARod and everyone else were doing. Some of you ordered your players to do it. Cuban knows this. It doesn’t matter how much he can actually prove. The reality is the fans will believe him and the following investigation surely will drag up enough dirt to even make the Mitchell Report look tame.”

“We have no choice. We have to let him in.”

“But we don’t have to play ball with him,” Selig said. “We all are in agreement that we don’t want him. Then make sure he gets that message. No trades. No help.”

“Collusion?”

“As if we haven’t been doing this already. Yes. Collusion.”

“But, what if we need players?”

“Really, Hank? Do you even know how bad the Cubs are? Who do they have worth a damn? Man, I never realized before just how much we would need George to still be alive.”

“Then it is settled. Mark Cuban will become the owner of the Chicago Cubs. And will never be able to field a team worth a damn.”

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: