• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS's Top 10 Shooting Guards for the upcoming season

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Klay over Harden.

You swap those two and Houston gets a lot better and GS a lot worse.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big if.

This is all semantics because positions seem meaningless in today's NBA.

But, if we are ranking Dude's, I would put Batum in the top 10 sf's, a position he's played every single year of his career.

Kobe played the 3 last year out of necessity.

I don't think he will be remembered as the 2nd best sf in NBA history.

Just curious, do you think then that Jimmy Butler should be rated as a 2? Even with Wade on the team?

My rankings are just for the upcoming season. It's not an overall view of their history. I feel like Batum will get more minutes at the 2 than he will the 3.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, do you think then that Jimmy Butler should be rated as a 2? Even with Wade on the team?

My rankings are just for the upcoming season. It's not an overall view of their history. I feel like Batum will get more minutes at the 2 than he will the 3.

Wow...that's a great question.

I concede... lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all valued defense and whatever- but when you start trying to say Middleton and Harden are near the same value you are just taking it to a level that is just ridiculous. STARS win in the NBA. James Harden took his team to the Conference Finals 2 seasons ago. He is a great player. Obviously he is flawed- which keeps him from being on the very highest tier- but guys like him WIN! You so seriously undervalue these dominant offensive players that are crucial to a teams success.

Exactly when did I compare Harden and Middleton? If you took the time to read my post, you would see that I moved Klay ahead of Harden and Middleton from 9 to 5. Harden is still 2 on my list. At no time did I compare Harden and Middleton, or imply that Middleton was better.

If Harden played team basketball, he would be an elite player. But he doesn't, so he isn't regardless of what his numbers look like. He is merely a very good player.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker will be a top 5 SG this year. I do not consider Batum a SG, Harden is overrated as hell, Klay over Harden any day. McCollum is a stud.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker will be a top 5 SG this year. I do not consider Batum a SG, Harden is overrated as hell, Klay over Harden any day. McCollum is a stud.

I think it'll take him another year before he makes his leap. With both Bledsoe and Knight out there, he's going to have to compete for minutes, although he probably shouldn't at this point. I think one of either Bledsoe or Knight gets moved sometime during next season and it'll open up a spot for him the following year for 35 minutes a game. That's when I think you'll see him take the biggest leap.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll take him another year before he makes his leap. With both Bledsoe and Knight out there, he's going to have to compete for minutes, although he probably shouldn't at this point. I think one of either Bledsoe or Knight gets moved sometime during next season and it'll open up a spot for him the following year for 35 minutes a game. That's when I think you'll see him take the biggest leap.

Yeah, you can't put the genie back in the bottle with that kid.

He showed his ass the latter part of the Season and put up big numbers.

They should deal one and let that kid have big minutes.

By drafting Ulis, his best friend, I think they are committed to keeping Booker for the long haul.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also why I value the two way players so highly. Harden might post Westbrook type numbers offensively this year, but his defense is a huge minus. I will take Klay over him any day because his offensive production is strong, his defense is fantastic, and the mere threat of him and his lethal shot stretches defenses and makes the game easier for teammates whenever he is on the court.

I don't think starting a new discussion is necessary because you have put together some strong lists. I just wanted to provide my take on why I value guys like Klay and Middleton so highly, while simultaneously not being high on ball dominant defensive liabilities like Harden. I have spent enough time this summer harping on guys like him.
Very well said.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you can't put the genie back in the bottle with that kid.

He showed his ass the latter part of the Season and put up big numbers.

They should deal one and let that kid have big minutes.

By drafting Ulis, his best friend, I think they are committed to keeping Booker for the long haul.

Ulis actually really impressed me during the Summer Leauge, I know it's just Summer League but you can tell this kid has everything it takes to succeed as a PG at the next level. I think he'll be a tremendous backup/spot start PG in the NBA for years to come.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ulis actually really impressed me during the Summer Leauge, I know it's just Summer League but you can tell this kid has everything it takes to succeed as a PG at the next level. I think he'll be a tremendous backup/spot start PG in the NBA for years to come.

I love that kid.

He's a leader.

I wanted the Clippers to nab him or Mccaw.

Your Team has a good selection of young talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me take another swing at this- i messed up my first list and forgot some key guys and missed some as defining between a SF and SG is kinda tough these days.

1. James Harden
2. Klay Thompson
3. DeMar DeRozan
4. Nicholas Batum
5. Khris Middleton
6. C. J. McCollum
7. Avery Bradley
8. Bradley Beale
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Jr Smith

just off: JJ Redick, D. Booker, M. Ellis, D. Green.

After really thinking about JR Smith- i had to put him on because of how important his role is with the Cavs- not only because he was the most prolific 3 pt shooter in the East last year, but also because he has turned himself into a + defensive player as well. He was the ONLY guy in the East that hit at least 200 three's and shot 40% from behind the line. The next closest guy in the East that shot 40% from the outside was Evan Fournier who made 152 3's to Smith's 204. Smith's 204 was third in the East behind Paul George and Kyle Lowry who had 210 and 212 respectively.

He really is a great fit for this Cavs team- and as Citysushi's one stated criteria is importance to the team- I just couldnt leave him off the top 10 list.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me take another swing at this- i messed up my first list and forgot some key guys and missed some as defining between a SF and SG is kinda tough these days.

1. James Harden
2. Klay Thompson
3. DeMar DeRozan
4. Nicholas Batum
5. Khris Middleton
6. C. J. McCollum
7. Avery Bradley
8. Bradley Beale
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Jr Smith

After really thinking about JR Smith- i had to put him on because of how important his role is with the Cavs- not only because he was the most prolific 3 pt shooter in the East last year, but also because he has turned himself into a + defensive player as well. He was the ONLY guy in the East that hit at least 200 three's and shot 40% from behind the line. The next closest guy in the East that shot 40% from the outside was Evan Fournier who made 152 3's to Smith's 204. Smith's 204 was third in the East behind Paul George and Kyle Lowry who had 210 and 212 respectively.

He really is a great fit for this Cavs team- and as Citysushi's one stated criteria is importance to the team- I just couldnt leave him off the top 10 list.

I'm buying this list because, despite his numbers, Redick can't stay healthy and the Clippers are simply running in place.

Monta has either lost a step. Or, has finally realized that Basketball is a Team sport. Either way, his numbers don't warrant being in the top 10.

Booker simply needs time. Can't put him top 10 based on half a Season.

Green...just no.

I don't agree with your order.

Klay should be #1....imo

Harden is the ultimate one way player and it will be 10 times worse next Season under Trigger Mike No D Antoni.

But, Jr?

Numbers wise?...he's suspect.

But, I can't argue with the end result.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying this list because, despite his numbers, Redick can't stay healthy and the Clippers are simply running in place.

Monta has either lost a step. Or, has finally realized that Basketball is a Team sport. Either way, his numbers don't warrant being in the top 10.

Booker simply needs time. Can't put him top 10 based on half a Season.

Green...just no.

I don't agree with your order.

Klay should be #1....imo

Harden is the ultimate one way player and it will be 10 times worse next Season under Trigger Mike No D Antoni.
you think Klay could take a team to the WCF as the #1 guy with mountains of defensive attention? I sure dont. I know Harden can.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Klay could take a team to the WCF as the #1 guy with mountains of defensive attention? I sure dont. I know Harden can.

Dude, I'm not sure what Klay is capable off.

But, I think be could put up huge numbers as a#1.

I admit I'm biased against Harden.

With his constant lack of effort, I'm surprised he makes it past half court when his team is not on offense.

Not to diminish his achievement. But, they came back against the ultimate hairball in the throat Team, my Clippers, to make the WCF.

th

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SG position is pretty weak honestly. I think Harden and Klay are close for that #1 spot. Klay is a better all-around player but we know Harden is a #1 guy and we don't know Klay can be that...that is the difference IMO. For as bad as Harden is on defense, it doesn't affect the list bc the SG position isn't too strong. For the record, IMO Klay is the better player though

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. James Harden
2. Klay Thompson
3. DeMar DeRozan
4. Nicholas Batum
5. Khris Middleton
6. C. J. McCollum
7. Avery Bradley
8. Bradley Beale
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Jr Smith

Solid list. Don't see anything I would argue at all.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middelton is wayyyyy to low. he's top 5 IMO. So underrated. I would take him over avery bradley all day lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Middelton should be 4th. Yes i know he's hurt but when healthy...