• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS making changes to offensive staff 12/31/14

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CS fired TE coach Bruce Chambers and WR coach Les Koening today.

Hopefully, we can now get Wyatt back. He's the guy CS should have held over on his staff rather than Chambers.

Wyatt has relationships with several big recruits, so hopefully we get him and them.
Also would like to get Tim Brewster. He's a recruiting machine.

Just glad he's not standing pat with that offensive staff: Offense needs help bad. Need playmakers bad. Have zero playmakers at key positions right now.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news but is it enough? I know he won't jettison Watson anytime soon, so how much effect will getting rid of positions coaches have? Were Chambers and Koening horrible at recruiting? Asking because I don't really know.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've been saying, Watson should have been fired. He is the reason this team lost 5 games this year and will be the reason this team loses 3-4 next year. His offense set some all time lows this year: lowest offensive output in one game ever (59 total yds vs Arky), 1st time to be shutout since 2004 (vs KSU). Just a terrible OC. I know some starters on offense were suspended, but it never should have looked that bad. Watson has been an OC at 4 different schools now, including UT, and was fired from 2 of those schools. Teddy Bridgewater is the only reason he didn't fail miserably while being the OC at L'ville.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed in all the Murray/Lodge news was the #3 JUCO setting up a visit to UT. More interestingly, he said he is coming down because he has been told the staff will be going spread this coming year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed in all the Murray/Lodge news was the #3 JUCO setting up a visit to UT. More interestingly, he said he is coming down because he has been told the staff will be going spread this coming year.

Yup, I've heard Norvell will be implenting some of that aggressive spread that was successful when he was at OU. Hoping Lodge commits. Murray, I'm not too sure about at the QB position. Says he is 5'10, but I've seen him in person and he's 5'8, maybe 5'9 with his cleats on. I think Gentry will beat out Heard when it's all said and done. I'm just glad Watson is taking a seat back and Strong is handing over some play calling to Norvell.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a little time now having passed:

Watson is still here (bummer).

But, thinking Norvell is waiting in the wings, along with Wickline. Both see offense in a completely different way than Watson does. Believe Watson is on a very short leash.