• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Crosby's, Still, Nasty & Young -- Leafs @ Pens

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even beat the injury plagued Penguins....terrible. Good on Pittsburgh though

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an oddly intense game. Got pretty chippy, but the only thing that bugged me was Rielly cross checking Megna who was hobbling back to the bench. Come on man...lay off.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nor should it. If you're going to hit a guy in that position, it's on you to be sure to get all shoulder/chest.

It should matter... it was not a blind side hit (like Engo, who deserves his suspension) D'Friendo saw the hit coming and should have prepared himself for a collision, rather than leaning forward. In a head on check like that, if a player leans forward at the last second it's impossible not to make contact to his head, he should not put himself in that position... can't believe I'm going to paraphrase Cherry, but players need to learn how to TAKE a check as well as deliver one. I don't expect any suspension on that play.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should matter... it was not a blind side hit (like Engo, who deserves his suspension) D'Friendo saw the hit coming and should have prepared himself for a collision, rather than leaning forward. In a head on check like that, if a player leans forward at the last second it's impossible not to make contact to his head, he should not put himself in that position... can't believe I'm going to paraphrase Cherry, but players need to learn how to TAKE a check as well as deliver one. I don't expect any suspension on that play.

I heard that Coach's Corner...and while I hated most of what he said, I definitely agreed with that part. Too many guys are turning into the boards or putting themselves in bad situations. Those hits need to go, but players need to watch out for themselves a bit too.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even beat the injury plagued Penguins....terrible. Good on Pittsburgh though

Now I'm totally confused though, because all I've been hearing from Maple Leaf excuse makers for the first few months is that it's completely impossible to win when you have "important" players injured... the Penguins must have used magic or something

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm totally confused though, because all I've been hearing from Maple Leaf excuse makers for the first few months is that it's completely impossible to win when you have "important" players injured... the Penguins must have used magic or something

ScreenShot2013-12-17at22356PM_zpse8da3204.png

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Nhl review for bortuzzo, nhl deemed hit unavoidable.

Taking a look at it, Bortuzzo isn't even skating, he's pretty much standing still. Hard to call it predatory in a case like this. I guess he could have stood still and let the Leaf player skate head-first into him, but that might be asking a bit much.