• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Crosby's, Still, Nasty & Young -- Leafs @ Pens

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little early, but I'll be out most of the day.

NHL.com did call him, "sid vicious", so...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I used Crosby's Still Trash and Young previously.

AM I getting Mattola'ed here??? :yell:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I used Crosby's Still Trash and Young previously.

AM I getting Mattola'ed here??? :yell:

lol... is that what its called now.. ha. you know you had an impact when........ not saying its a good one but its an impact

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"lol... is that what its called now.. ha. you know you had an impact when........ not saying its a good one but its an impact" said winger Matt Cooke

You forgot the quotes Matty.

:ss: :bolt:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...the Pens are basically more Wilkes-Barre than Pittsburgh tonight. Ulf Samuellson's son will be making his NHL debut.

Niskanen-Maatta-Bortuzzo are the only three from the start of the season who remain on D, although Bortuzzo has been the 7th D for much of the year.

I don't even WANT to get into the forwards...the lines from the morning skate:
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Zolnierczyk-Jokinen-Megna
Conner-Sutter-Vitale
Adams-Sill-Kobasew

Niskanen-Maatta
Bortuzzo-Dumoulin
Despres-Samuelsson

Three rookies on D. Nisky is the "veteran" back there now. Just wow.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toronto's forward depth will really test the injury-laden defense of Pittsburgh. Five of the six opening day defensemen will not be in the lineup. Eight AHL call-ups in total will skate for the Pens.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...the Pens are basically more Wilkes-Barre than Pittsburgh tonight. Ulf Samuellson's son will be making his NHL debut.

Niskanen-Maatta-Bortuzzo are the only three from the start of the season who remain on D, although Bortuzzo has been the 7th D for much of the year.

I don't even WANT to get into the forwards...the lines from the morning skate:
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Zolnierczyk-Jokinen-Megna
Conner-Sutter-Vitale
Adams-Sill-Kobasew

Niskanen-Maatta
Bortuzzo-Dumoulin
Despres-Samuelsson

Three rookies on D. Nisky is the "veteran" back there now. Just wow.

I actually like that lineup.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like that lineup.

*tilts head to side*

So, you like 20 scrappy guys...and Sidney Crosby? Hah. The lack of offensive depth is astounding. I love Megna, but without Geno on the second line, it's a grinder/speed line. The third line is pretty much the same, as is the fourth. Just three repetitive lines, that's the issue. We'll need a lot of powerplays to win this one. Or Fleury to be lights out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*tilts head to side*

So, you like 20 scrappy guys...and Sidney Crosby? Hah. The lack of offensive depth is astounding. I love Megna, but without Geno on the second line, it's a grinder/speed line. The third line is pretty much the same, as is the fourth. Just three repetitive lines, that's the issue. We'll need a lot of powerplays to win this one. Or Fleury to be lights out.

No, but I don't mind Menga, Maatta, Despres, Dumoulin, Samuelsson, & Bortuzzo getting ice time. The Doobster has wanted us to make use of the farm for some time now. Glad to see some of these guys getting call ups.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despres will almost certainly get significant powerplay time tonight. Let's see how he uses it.

One really good sign for him, though, is that he's being used on the penalty kill. His defense was always the reason he kept getting sent down, but if Byslma trusts him on the kill, perhaps the perception is changing. Perhaps he'll be a fixture in the lineup going forward.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I don't mind Menga, Maatta, Despres, Dumoulin, Samuelsson, & Bortuzzo getting ice time. The Doobster has wanted us to make use of the farm for some time now. Glad to see some of these guys getting call ups.

Depth works wonders in the regular season - just look at the number of players the Ducks have used this year (by the way, thanks for the Reverend and Alex Grant). Getting your younger guys quality minutes with the big club really pays dividends in today's NHL when the injury bug rears it ugly head.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going along with my prior post above, it is pretty much night and day between Budreau and Carlyle with regards to using all your players and not playing favorites, even with the young ones and call ups.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonasTSN1050: Jake Gardiner has five points in seven games this month and is leading the Leafs in ice-time with nearly 25 minutes per game.

Is he still on the trading block?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth works wonders in the regular season - just look at the number of players the Ducks have used this year (by the way, thanks for the Reverend and Alex Grant). Getting your younger guys quality minutes with the big club really pays dividends in today's NHL when the injury bug rears it ugly head.

I'm glad Lovejoy and Grant are doing well...they were simply caught in the logjam. I know the Lovejoy trade was really Shero giving him a better chance to play. Grant needed a change of pace too. Was great at WBS, but needed more opportunity.