• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crick out for the year

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there is something else wrong too.... i bet he has had 3 concussion already this year and we only know about one "head injury"
the look on his face after the play vs OSU was one of a person who had no idea hwat was going on

^^^^^^^^
This

He has looked really confused at times this year especially after the hit in the 4th against OSU

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who think the defense will dip because of crick = :L

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being happy that a college kid got injured = :L

I would expect you to be smart enough to realize I said nothing along those lines. Riddance can mean many things, and it was implied that he wasn't doing anything spectacular on the defense to warrant his hype.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah guys come on!!! Why in the world would there be a drop off when you lose an all American on defense? Why would it be bad to lose someone that takes the pressure off other players by taking on double teams for about 80-90% of every game. Afterall, those other players have obviously stepped up and taken advantage of having a clog like Crick in there all season.

Wait, what is that? Those guys haven't stepped up? That frees up another opponent's offensive lineman to find someone else to block that isn't as good as Crick?

Yeah, good riddance.

:L

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah guys come on!!! Why in the world would there be a drop off when you lose an all American on defense? Why would it be bad to lose someone that takes the pressure off other players by taking on double teams for about 80-90% of every game. Afterall, those other players have obviously stepped up and taken advantage of having a clog like Crick in there all season.

Wait, what is that? Those guys haven't stepped up? That frees up another opponent's offensive lineman to find someone else to block that isn't as good as Crick?

Yeah, good riddance.

:L

Just because you take double teams doesn't mean you're an All American. An All American is someone who takes double teams and can still make an impact on the field (Suh). When Crick is double teamed he is basically taken out of the game, something that should never happen to an "All American."

Obviously Crick taking double teams wasn't effecting how our defense played if you watch the Wyoming game and end of the Ohio State game. Rome was doing just as well, if not getting more pressure. Double teamed or not...

You act as if losing Crick can only harm us. Now teams will start using different approaches to our defense thinking they no longer have to double team a DT because Crick is gone, that also opens up opportunities for our defense. A slight underestimation of how good Rome is etc etc...

Don't be so naive...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crick made quite a difference, just not what were usuh to, which isn't quite fair to anyone in the country being compared to that man.

Someone else will get a shot now, just a half season early

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe the defensive line will step up now and we won't see a drop off.................but with that said, Crick doesn't deserve to be bashed right now. He was/is a true Husker........I'd do anything to have him be back out on the field.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I think it happened with 4:31 remaining in the game against tOSU. You can clearly see when the ball was snapped Crick stepped into the blocker and immediately backed up and dropped his left arm, hunched over putting his hands on knee's for a second and then watched the play unfold as he moved left down the line half heartedly to contain Bauserman.

I think this was the only play he was in on after he went out from that play where he lost his helmet and was down, so it's possible it happened then.

I feel bad for the kid. You never want to see any of these guy's go out with a season ending injury. Especially a senior & starter. He's contributed alot to this team, he'll be missed.

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
does anyone else somehow feel that Dirk was responsible for the torn pec?

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and fer Crick I hope he heals soon and has a great career in the NFL
Crick if your on the SportsHoopla fer some odd reason --thanks fer coming back this year and play fer the the Mighty Huskers

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and fer Crick I hope he heals soon and has a great career in the NFL
Crick if your on the SportsHoopla fer some odd reason --thanks fer coming back this year and play fer the the Mighty Huskers

Yourn welcome