• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy offer

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU offered and got a commitment from Zadock Dinkelmann a QB from Somerset, TX. Kid is Ty Detmers nephew.By the way, he is in 8th grade. Things are getting out of hand

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
837.jpg

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like it at all. An 8th grade "kid" should at least have the opportunity to learn to play the game for fun first, before being burdened with needing to play the game for future reasons.

This is dirty, slimy, sick, and disgusting, imo. That may seem exaggerated to some; But I have played a sport through high school, through college, and even professionally. Once you realize you "need" to play it - the sport becomes something that it wasn't. It may take you years to realize that as a player - but eventually you find that the sport itself has been lost in you. It's one thing learn to love the game, develop goals yourself, and make those decisions. I can only imagine it would be an entirely different thing to have the love of the game tampered with at such a young age and never be able to truly enjoy the sport.

To do that to an 8th grader is disguting. Les Miles and all others doing this should be ashamed. Fans of these teams should be ashamed. Keep your fucking hands off my kids!

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like it at all. An 8th grade "kid" should at least have the opportunity to learn to play the game for fun first, before being burdened with needing to play the game for future reasons.

This is dirty, slimy, sick, and disgusting, imo. That may seem exaggerated to some; But I have played a sport through high school, through college, and even professionally. Once you realize you "need" to play it - the sport becomes something that it wasn't. It may take you years to realize that as a player - but eventually you find that the sport itself has been lost in you. It's one thing learn to love the game, develop goals yourself, and make those decisions. I can only imagine it would be an entirely different thing to have the love of the game tampered with at such a young age and never be able to truly enjoy the sport.

To do that to an 8th grader is disguting. Les Miles and all others doing this should be ashamed. Fans of these teams should be ashamed. Keep your fucking hands off my kids!

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...those-to-offer-8th-grade-rb-dylan-moses.html/

Pot, meet kettle.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF does that matter to me? Did I offer it? No. I don't like it, period. I'm a homer like us all, but I have my own mind. I don't like it at all. This shit needs to be stopped and the NCAA needs to step in.

Mack Brown would have NEVER done this! The one thing we as Texas fans have been able to say is that we ran our program with class. This is not class.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does that matter to me? Did I offer it? No. I don't like it, period. I'm a homer like us all, but I have my own mind. I don't like it at all. This shit needs to be stopped and the NCAA needs to step in.

Mack Brown would have NEVER done this! The one thing we as Texas fans have been able to say is that we ran our program with class. This is not class.

Uhhhhh........ Mack brown DID do this :scratch: did you not see the date?

I agree that this is a terrible thing to do. I think offers should only be made to high school seniors, but it will only get worse with time as everybody tries to get to these kids first

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he was the first 8th grader offered, when Bama or LSU offered. He is now in high school. I feel bad for that kid. First off all these offers are BS. If he doesn't develop, everyone will move on. Secondly, imagine the pressure on this kid. He probably has 10-20 offers already. Next to impossible to live up to those expectations. Not sure the pot meeting kettle, it is nice little sandbox reply, but hardly appropriate. I think offers this early are ridiculous and I would end it. This is not about LSU, just the continuing trend toward offering younger and younger kids. I would like to see I minimum recruitment age, all offers are binding for 90 days, and the ability for kids to sign their LOI at anytime during their senior yr.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted before on here that I know Les Miles started a friendship with a 13 yr old young man who is the son of a lady I work with. Les texts him and calls him at least once a week. The kid is now 15 and was among the best DT/OL this past season in HS school football in Georgia.

Les goes after them young. This kid was heartset on going to UGA until Les visited him personally and complimented him to his face. Now the kid ONLY thinks LSU. Great job, Les.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was the first 8th grader offered, when Bama or LSU offered. He is now in high school. I feel bad for that kid. First off all these offers are BS. If he doesn't develop, everyone will move on. Secondly, imagine the pressure on this kid. He probably has 10-20 offers already. Next to impossible to live up to those expectations. Not sure the pot meeting kettle, it is nice little sandbox reply, but hardly appropriate. I think offers this early are ridiculous and I would end it. This is not about LSU, just the continuing trend toward offering younger and younger kids. I would like to see I minimum recruitment age, all offers are binding for 90 days, and the ability for kids to sign their LOI at anytime during their senior yr.

:agree:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhh........ Mack brown DID do this :scratch: did you not see the date?

I agree that this is a terrible thing to do. I think offers should only be made to high school seniors, but it will only get worse with time as everybody tries to get to these kids first

Then I stand corrected. Mack had never done this. If he did here, then it was wrong and way off base, and shows how much pressure I guess he really felt the last couple years.

Nothing changes my opinion that this is tampering with young kids at an inappropriate time. It will rob them of all that is special in their sport. It will rob them of deciding to play other sports. It will put pressure on them that they are mentally incapable of handling. And it will do so for coaches who have absolutely no intent of honoring a false promise if anything goes wrong in the future.

Not right.:bullshit:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I stand corrected. Mack had never done this. If he did here, then it was wrong and way off base, and shows how much pressure I guess he really felt the last couple years.

Nothing changes my opinion that this is tampering with young kids at an inappropriate time. It will rob them of all that is special in their sport. It will rob them of deciding to play other sports. It will put pressure on them that they are mentally incapable of handling. And it will do so for coaches who have absolutely no intent of honoring a false promise if anything goes wrong in the future.

Not right.:bullshit:

Ironically, Mack is pretty much the originator of this policy. He put a huge emphasis on early recruitment. Junior days and things like that. It was not 8th graders, but Texas would routinely have most of their class signed prior to that classes senior yr. It was a recruiting innovation, it has just snowballed. Other way to fix this is allow LOIs to be signed when kids are offered. That would actually protect both sides

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, Mack is pretty much the originator of this policy. He put a huge emphasis on early recruitment. Junior days and things like that. It was not 8th graders, but Texas would routinely have most of their class signed prior to that classes senior yr. It was a recruiting innovation, it has just snowballed. Other way to fix this is allow LOIs to be signed when kids are offered. That would actually protect both sides

I was recruited and committed my junior year. No problem there for me personally. In fact, that is where I would draw the line. Kids get middle school, freshman, and sophomore years to be left alone and decide what they want to do. If at roughly age 17 they know and teams want them - fine. They get to then spend their senior year working on graduating and getting ready for college.

Even sophomore year to me is too early though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was recruited and committed my junior year. No problem there for me personally. In fact, that is where I would draw the line. Kids get middle school, freshman, and sophomore years to be left alone and decide what they want to do. If at roughly age 17 they know and teams want them - fine. They get to then spend their senior year working on graduating and getting ready for college.

Even sophomore year to me is too early though.

I agree. No idea where the cut off should be. I think if you made offers transaction able for 30-90 days and gave kids the chance to sign an LOI in that timeframe to make it binding, this would change over night. There is really no downside to recruiting and offering kids early.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it was R C Slocum who started Junior Days in the state of Texas. Mack reacted to it and for a few years did it much better.