• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy CRAZY idea

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to get drastic with this.... I am not jumping off the bridge and I am not saying I do not have faith.

That said, IMO if the Rams are not better than 4-6 when the bye week comes, I say we play out the string and blow it all up and start over. The Redskins are horrible too and most likely that means 2 top 10 picks. We could seriously parlay that into a TON of picks and just reload.

IMO, there are maybe 20 guys on this team I would keep around besides Legatron and Hekker. D Rich, Stacy, Austin, Bailey, Pettis, Givens, Cook, Jake Long, Jones,Chris Williams on offense. Long,Quinn,Hayes, JL55, Ogletree, McDonald, Jenkins, Johnson, Ray-Ray and Cody Davis.

the other 33 spots are 100% up for grabs. And yes, that means starting QB. I am really beginning to think sending Saffold to Tampa for Freeman may be the perfect move. He can come in with ZERO pressure and if Bradford continues to falter this season, bring him in.

All this is contingent on the Rams being worse than 4-6 at the bye week. If this group can sack up and make a run, maybe 2nd place in the division is still possible. But until I see it, I will prepare for the worst.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Freeman is the answer, (and I really REALLY don't), then you'll need to trade more away to make cap space.

At this point I don't have faith in Snead and Fisher's talent analysis with top picks. I don't trust someone who tells me Brockers was a top 6 talent. Quick isn't #33 talent, Pead isn't #50 talent and I didn't like the trade up for Austin. I can see us picking WR & DE this year. That won't solve our problems.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saffold couldnt possibly have trade value. He is always banged up, entering a contract year, sub par starter, etc.
2. Freeman has better weapons than Bradford and had 1 more year to develop.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did forget about Brockers being a holdover... and he should be. And Brockers was picked at #16, not #6. #6 was parlayed into Brockers AND Jenkins!

As for Safooled not having value... in this case, he does. The Bucs WANT to get rid of Freeman. I get the salary cap part of it.. Hell, we can send them Safooled and Finnegan. The Bucs can then use the cap space they get from telling those 2 to take a hike in February to look at free agents.

And also, Freeman DID develop. He regressed under a new coach who obviously wanted to do something different. Guy is still a ridiculously athletic dude with a cannon!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we all jump on the "Bradford SUX" bandwagon, remember he is only doing what he is told aka he is running the plays that are called.

And yes, that means starting QB. I am really beginning to think sending Saffold to Tampa for Freeman may be the perfect move. He can come in with ZERO pressure and if Bradford continues to falter this season, bring him in.

I dont disagree with you but I find this kind of comical, 2 days ago your were defending Bradford of only doing what coaches are telling him to do and now it sounds as though you are on the Bradford sux wagon...... what gives??? why the sudden change??

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defend Bradford, but he has NOBODY to really PUSH him. I think bringing in someone with actual NFL talent like Freeman will force Bradford to sink or swim. If he succeeds, we know he just needed a kick in the butt and Freeman can go. If he does NOT succeed, Freeman can be brought back for at least one season.
My point is I am willing to defend Bradford, but if things do not turn around quickly (I honestly think they can), it might be time for a change.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Brockers was picked at #16. After the 1st day of the 2012 Draft Fisher said he would have picked Brockers at #6 if he hadn't been able to trade down. I know it's partially a 'Sell' to Rams fans but it had me concerned about his talent evaluation. Day 2 concerned me even more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been suspicous of the talent evaluation of Snead and Fisher ever since Fisher stated he does not select O-lineman in the first round. He never elaborated on the reasoning for such a foolish philosophy because he whiffed on two of the blue-chippers this past draft for a 178 lb speedster who is anything but. The jury is still out in my mind especially on guys like Quick and Pead to name a few.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see some sense in a Freeman for Finnegan trade. Both have similar base salaries and both are in their final year of guaranteed money. I just don't see either organisation agreeing to it. The Buccaneers would be committed to Glennon with no back-up and the Rams would be even thinner at DB. Fisher likes and has committed to both Bradford and Finnegan. It would be a vote of no confidence in him. The Rams said this week that they want to extend Bradford's contract. This would make them look foolish.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha I have a crazy CRAZY idea too.

Pretty simple too. Just move Cook to RB. He's got to get more than a yard on running plays and that's all we can get now. He's a much bigger body in pass protection, he has to be accounted for back there with his skill and speed so this should allow for us to throw the ball on most every down.

This two dimensional BS is crap! We just waste downs trying to run the ball and establish something we have no talent to support.

With our youth and speed at WR, I'd rather see us send 3 guys deep and throw to whoever is in single coverage on about 5 of every 6 downs on average with an occasional draw play to Cook. By using an uptempo style we play to our strengths and don't waste plays on the run game like we have been. We could put Richardson and Pead in the slot and Cook, with his size, should be able to get those 2nd and 2, 3rd and 1 short yardage plays just because of his size alone. We have a lot of young talent and speed in our WR corp so we can rotate fresh legs in and out giving all, targets and experience. By putting a bigger body in the backfield, we give Sam a little more time to look deep for one of the three guys. We could rotate Cook and Kendricks too.

What makes this crazy, CRAZY is Cook has never played RB but who cares, he's there for four reasons and the last is to run the ball. First and foremost he would give Sam a big body in the backfield and an extra second or so in the pocket to be that every down passer who looks deep and down field. Second to keep defenses honest by taking an occasional draw play up the middle. Third to leak out into open space for the dump off and Last to be that big body in the backfield to pound out the short down and distance plays.

By sending three guys deep, we can leak out our TE (Lance) or RB (Jared) with some variety for the underneath stuff. By sending our fastest guys deep often, we stretch the field and these two will find soft single coverages and the underneath stuff can be wide open too.

By throwing every down, we get really good at pass protection because that's all we do.

Somethings got to change and changing a focus on our strengths sounds good to me right about now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my crazy, CRAZY idea: Bring in Lane Kiffin as an offensive consultant or full-on offensive coordinator. We can replace the guy that ruined Mark Sanchez with the guy that made him a star.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha I have a crazy CRAZY idea too.

Pretty simple too. Just move Cook to RB.
After seeing what the Patriots did with Aaron Hernandez in the playoffs 2 years ago against the Ravens, I'm convinced that Cook could make this work. Its also very possible that Ive played too much Madden in my life and don't understand the subtle nuances to playing RB or TE

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing what the Patriots did with Aaron Hernandez in the playoffs 2 years ago against the Ravens, I'm convinced that Cook could make this work. Its also very possible that Ive played too much Madden in my life and don't understand the subtle nuances to playing RB or TE
I really don't care about the difference.

My crazy CRAZY idea really is about becoming one dimensional.

Become pass happy, get really good at pass protection and stop wasting downs trying to establish the run. We just can't seem to do that at all, so why waste downs. If Sam can complete 50 percent of his passes and we have receivers going deep, then we will be getting first downs. We have the WR corp and can keep fresh legs in the game with a good rotation. You put Cook in the backfield and he MUST be accounted for, he has too much speed and skill as a receiver. Right now our RB does not need to be accounted for, so it's like playing 10 on 11 every down. We would have a lot of options with him back there and again we could rotate Cook and Lance from the RB to the TE spots.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if cook can't take all those hits that rbs take :/

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be mad at me if I say I would rather have Bulger under center than Bradford? lol.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Bulger throw a block twice! LOL Unlike Bradford who is just soft. Samantha is no leader and someone on the offense needs to step up and get this ship corrected quick. And it cannot be done by a coach.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't run with a heavy package on the field (and the Rams haven't been able to), spread 'em out. Use the threat of Austin, Givens, Pettis/Bailey/Quick and Cook to either side to draw the safeties and/or a linebacker out of the box (or at least out of the middle of the field).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I like that Shopson67. Go to a four wide receiver set and Cook as the running back. The question is does Shottenheimer even know what to do with that set?