• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree not an "assumed starter"

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Jim Harbaugh refused to acknowledge that Michael Crabtree (foot) is an "assumed starter."

Harbaugh has yet to see Crabtree on the field, so he doesn't know if he's a superior option to Braylon Edwards or Josh Morgan. Harbaugh does expect "major contributions" from Crabtree, who has been "outstanding with his participation in the meetings" and knows the new offense.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach Jim Harbaugh refused to acknowledge that Michael Crabtree (foot) is an "assumed starter."

Harbaugh has yet to see Crabtree on the field, so he doesn't know if he's a superior option to Braylon Edwards or Josh Morgan. Harbaugh does expect "major contributions" from Crabtree, who has been "outstanding with his participation in the meetings" and knows the new offense.

I hope he does come back ready to play because he, Edwards and Davis would make a pretty formidable receiving trio.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He also won't say Smith's the starter when it's blatantly obvious he's going to be so it's hard to go by Harbaugh speak for actual information.

That's not to say Crabs is going to start but you won't really know till he gets back for his first game.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when players have to earn their spots. Especially to a new coaching staff. In fact the only players I can see that have locked up spots are: Willis, Whitner, Justin Smith, Bowman, Vernon, Gore, Iupati, and Staley.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I hope Harbaugh walks his allusion here. Knowing the plays in the classroom means very little when it comes to executing them on the field against defenders and in synch with your QB.
[/rant]

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with this philosphy by Harbs... I believe Crabtree will be the starter along with Edwards... but not giving it to him automatically sends a great message to the team. earn your keep type of deal.

Also he basically said the same thing about Spencer at CB so it's consistent

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no problem with this philosphy by Harbs... I believe Crabtree will be the starter along with Edwards... but not giving it to him automatically sends a great message to the team. earn your keep type of deal.

makes sense to me, it shows respect to the team who have been working hard.

i'd want to "ease him in" anyway, so he doesn't have to cram the playbook on the job, plus show his foot is 100%.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh you mean, instead of the Singletary way of doing things? Talk about how people need to earn their spot, and he always thrust his guys into the starting line up... Crabs... Mays...

You're my boy blue!! You're my boy!!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dunno if I buy this, I think he starts pretty much as soon as hes healthy. Hes making too much to ride the pine and eventually politics will take over. I see him and Edwards starting very soon.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just dunno if I buy this, I think he starts pretty much as soon as hes healthy. Hes making too much to ride the pine and eventually politics will take over. I see him and Edwards starting very soon.

Well, he is probably the second best receiver on the team when he wants to be so I'm OK with Harbaugh putting him out there if he thinks its best for the team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, he'll play as he's ready and we expect he'll start sooner rather than later. but he hasn't even practiced so don't just start him right off the bat?

at very least, he needs to learn plays (on the field) at a reasonable clip? if he just starts from game 1, seems to me more chances of error? more chance of miscommunication?

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just plug Crabtree in there when he's healthy, who needs practice?

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone needs overdub a Crabtree interview with this audio - classic!