• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 most overrated programs in history.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue bloods don't go 30 years without a title.

Nobody gives a shit about what happened 60 years ago or what happened when Knute Rockne was there.
They are the epitome of college football lore, son, and they've been in National title games/hunt, recenlty. Got their asses whooped, but they was there.

When you've been on this planet as long as I and have followed CFB, there isn't any way in hell that you leave ND off a blue blood's list.

Fng millenials. lmao

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the epitome of college football lore, son.

When you've been on this planet as long as I and have followed CFB, there isn't any way in hell that you leave ND off a blue blood's list.

Fng millenials. lmao

Lore of Knute Rockne.

I just watched Notre Dame's stadium get turned into a sea of red by Georgia fans last year. Not much lore when you don't even have home field advantage in your home field.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They claim the list is based on "All-time" then add MI based on the past 18 years ignoring the fact that MI is also in the Top ten in all time wins, have the second most players in the College football hall of fame and hold winning record vs all their rivals.

How old is the author, 25 or younger?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lore of Knute Rockne.

I just watched Notre Dame's stadium get turned into a sea of red by Georgia fans last year. Not much lore when you don't even have home field advantage in your home field.
lol .... we're very hospitable here and sell plenty of visitor seats.

E'ryone wants to come to a blue blood stadium to watch a real blue blood team play ... every Saturday of the season, bech.

It does piss me off that we make too many 'away' tix avail to wannabes, but the lure is always there to come to South Bend & the Irish - there's nothing else really worthwhile to see & do, here.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol .... we're very hospitable here and sell plenty of visitor seats.

E'ryone wants to come to a blue blood stadium to watch a real blue blood team play ... every Saturday of the season, bech.

It does piss me off that we make too many 'away' tix avail to wannabes, but the lure is always there to come to South Bend & the Irish - there's nothing else really worthwhile to see & do, here.

So, in reality, there hasn't been anything worthwhile to see and do there since before I was born?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lore of Knute Rockne.

Funny you mention that. Why did so many UGA fans show up?

Answer: it’s Notre Dame.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that. Why did so many UGA fans show up?

Answer: it’s Notre Dame.

Nah, Georgia fans actually travel well and support their team.

Probably didn't hurt the Falcons were playing at Soldier Field the next day too.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in reality, there hasn't been anything worthwhile to see and do there since before I was born?
:think:

2bfpf5.jpg

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Georgia fans actually travel well and support their team.

Probably didn't hurt the Falcons were playing at Soldier Field the next day too.
Im sure they travel fine in the SE. how often do they leave there to go up north or out west. I’m guessing not much.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure they travel fine in the SE. how often do they leave there to go up north or out west. I’m guessing not much.

Wasn't to the effect of the Notre Dame game, but we were well represented at Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Colorado, and despite being half a country farther away than Oklahoma, had the majority of the fans at the Rose Bowl.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see Notre Dame there. They may have had a lost era a few yrs. back where they didn't do so well. Still, for the most part they've always been a successful program.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't to the effect of the Notre Dame game, but we were well represented at Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Colorado, and despite being half a country farther away than Oklahoma, had the majority of the fans at the Rose Bowl.

I'm an Arizona State season ticket holder. They were there.............in droves.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was this list compiled? It doesn't include Tim Brown or Jerome Bettis.

I believe they're tied at 12 with number of players. Eddie Debaralo Jr. Gets us to 13 inductees, but he wasn't a player.

I don't know it was the second thing to come up when I googled college team with the most NFL hall of famers and the first from the NFL site. Pluss I got to use the "eleven" photo which was a bonus.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most impactful coach in the history of collegiate football?

There are some big names among the candidates, but Robert Neyland's maxims are still the sinew of today's game. Even Lucifer's Vessel, Nick Saban attributes his success to Neyland's maxims. General Bob, the GOAT.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated= preseason polls vs final polls. Regardless if you are a blueblood or not.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Arizona State season ticket holder. They were there.............in droves.
Scottsdale golf courses were the lure. Or maybe the old adage....

"Scottsdale, Arizona. Where the tits are fake and the diamonds are real."

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottsdale golf courses were the lure. Or maybe the old adage....

"Scottsdale, Arizona. Where the tits are fake and the diamonds are real."

Yeah. It's pretty great. I love living here. Moved from Boise and been here since graduating from ASU. Not really planning on leaving anytime soon either.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, youngin, but CFB has been around long before you were born. Knute made the game what it has evolved to. Frank Leahy won 4 AP nattys in 7 years, along with 2 other undefeated seasons.

Historical records still count.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is in the Top ten in all time wins and have the second most players in the College football hall of fame.
They are not over-rated, IMHO.

Texas, is not over-rated. Over hyped? Yes, yes they are. If Texas is over-rated then so is Texas A&M.

Georgia maybe, when Alabama was not Sabanized other teams won the SEC, not Georgia.

1. Oregon has Oregon ever claimed a national title since the 1960s? Once Phil Knight dies, the cash spigot will be cutoff unless he leaves his money to Oregon. But then, the admins will get their hands on it, and it won't be for athletics.

2. West Virginia what they have done was against scrub teams mostly. Now that they are playing a big time opponent in Oklahoma, they are getting crushed. If they would not have been in the Big East, they would be a nothing.

3. Virginia Tech mostly against scrub teams again. If they would not have been in the Big East, they would be a nothing. Virginia Tech has won the ACC four times, their bowl record is 1-3 after those ACC championships. Their win was against Cincinnati, they lost to the Power Conferences, Kansas, Stanford, and Auburn.

4. BYU mostly against scrub teams. They beat a 6-6 Michigan team to go undefeated. B sub FD. Slowly fading into oblivion. They will be a Syracuse and Minnesota.

5. Notre Dame, based on their past history, Notre Dame gets special treatment. But they are in the Top ten in all time wins, have the most hall of fame players, and NBC pays them a lot of money.

Wondered who the first to mention A&M would be. We are never highly rated, it takes a lot of wins to get to the top 10 for us.