• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took him in round 2 in 2 leagues, missed him by a pick last night in my last league

Didn't get Zeke but got DMac for $6 in my league. Today we find out if I overpaid or underpaid for that flex option.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Henderson the same guy that reduced Hardy's suspension from 10 games to 4?

Good chance Elliot's is reduced down to 2 games IMO

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is looking at this from the Power angle. Not the DV alleged. Elliot and the NFLPA are basing their case on the fairness of the suspension when the lead investigator recommended no suspension and the way Henderson conducted the appeal. I believe the NFL is going to lose this in the long run and Elliot wont miss a game this year. I of course could be wrong .

Even if the league wants to suspend Elliot they have to conduct the process and the appeal in proper procedure or it violates Labor law from what I have been reading. This is besides the fact that the NFL's attitude of " we know better than the Law" is totally in the wrong and will get changed in the long run by CBA agreement or court ruling.

Bottom line is the NFL underestimated and did not anticipate a scorched earth defense which If I was Elliot and am innocent of what I am accused of and have already had my name stained just by being accused of DV I would employ the same strategy as I now have nothing else name wise to lose.

The NFL should have suspended Elliot under the "Personal Conduct policy" to keep everybody out of the cesspool but in the name of political correctness chose DV and the shit storm that all of this has become.

In the future until this POWER is taken from the NFL My money would be all suspensions will be handed out under the Personal Conduct Policy unless they are for failing drug tests.

JMHO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is looking at this from the Power angle. Not the DV alleged. Elliot and the NFLPA are basing their case on the fairness of the suspension when the lead investigator recommended no suspension and the way Henderson conducted the appeal. I believe the NFL is going to lose this in the long run and Elliot wont miss a game this year. I of course could be wrong .

Even if the league wants to suspend Elliot they have to conduct the process and the appeal in proper procedure or it violates Labor law from what I have been reading. This is besides the fact that the NFL's attitude of " we know better than the Law" is totally in the wrong and will get changed in the long run by CBA agreement or court ruling.

Bottom line is the NFL underestimated and did not anticipate a scorched earth defense which If I was Elliot and am innocent of what I am accused of and have already had my name stained just by being accused of DV I would employ the same strategy as I now have nothing else name wise to lose.

The NFL should have suspended Elliot under the "Personal Conduct policy" to keep everybody out of the cesspool but in the name of political correctness chose DV and the shit storm that all of this has become.

In the future until this POWER is taken from the NFL My money would be all suspensions will be handed out under the Personal Conduct Policy unless they are for failing drug tests.

JMHO
If Elliott can somehow through the courts take away Goodells GOD Power its a win for all teams and players.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I understanding this correctly? No ruling before 3pm ET means he's definitely playing week 1?

How idiotic is the NFL's system?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I understanding this correctly? No ruling before 3pm ET means he's definitely playing week 1?

There's no deadline. NFL a joke.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From CBS Sports

The NFL's hand-picked arbitrator is set to make his ruling on Ezekiel Elliott's suspension appeal by the end of the day on Tuesday, according to court documents obtained by CBSSports.com. Elliott's status is completely up in the air at this point, with everyone waiting to hear from both Harold Henderson and the Eastern District Court in Texas, where Elliott filed a lawsuit against the NFL. There is some optimism that Elliott could play in Week 1, but he is facing an uphill battle in court.

In a motion filed by the NFLPA, the attorneys for Elliott confirmed what was expected: Henderson will release his decision on Elliott's appeal.

From the court document:

That Arbitrator Henderson could theoretically vacate the discipline simply means that the ongoing harm to Elliott's reputation might stop and Petitioners would no longer seek a TRO. Indeed, Arbitrator Henderson has now advised the parties that he intends to issue his decision by the close of business today.

Henderson, appointed by Roger Goodell to hear Elliott's case, has previously ruled on a similar matter, reducing the suspension of Greg Hardy -- a member of the Dallas Cowboys facing a ban for a domestic violence incident from 10 games down to four.

It is believed there is a chance for Henderson to also reduce Elliott's suspension, although a reduction of more than two games -- from six down to four -- would be a surprise.

The Cowboys, for their part, are optimistic about the situation. Owner and GM Jerry Jones said Tuesday morning he expects to hear "good news" on the Elliott front, although good news would qualify as just about anything other than Henderson keeping the suspension at six games.

The only thing that would be truly good news for the Cowboys would be a vacation of the suspension by Henderson.

Henderson's ruling will likely only set the stage for future battles, with the two sides set to argue over jurisdiction and other legal technicalities.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL distances itself from 4:00 p.m. ET suspension deadline
Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2017, 11:30 AM EDT
nfl-shield-london-110614-getty-ftr_1salvtv5vu0w31172kwui717qw-e1504243759166.jpg

Getty Images

For years, the NFL has observed a weekly deadline when it comes to the implementation of suspensions. If the suspension isn’t finalized by 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, the suspension gets delayed until the next week.

The dynamic first became widely known in the latter days of StarCaps, when it was clear that long-pending suspensions would be served and a weekly trigger of 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday would determine whether that week would be the week.

The NFL is now distancing itself from this past practice in the Ezekiel Elliott case, telling league employee Tom Pelissero that there is no such rule. But Pelissero acknowledges that the Cowboys believe the deadline applies. (Per a league source, so does Elliott’s camp.)

As one source explained it to PF, the practice arose from concerns of fairness and competitive balance. Teams need to know who they will or won’t be putting on the field, and their opponents need to know who they will or won’t be facing.

It’s unclear why the NFL is suddenly abandoning this practice. Maybe the person most keenly aware of it wasn’t invited to the meeting

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this getting reduced. Godell's authority has been questioned publically. The arbitrator will do what godell says. He'll it could be increased to 8 games.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL distances itself from 4:00 p.m. ET suspension deadline
Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2017, 11:30 AM EDT
nfl-shield-london-110614-getty-ftr_1salvtv5vu0w31172kwui717qw-e1504243759166.jpg

Getty Images

For years, the NFL has observed a weekly deadline when it comes to the implementation of suspensions. If the suspension isn’t finalized by 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, the suspension gets delayed until the next week.

The dynamic first became widely known in the latter days of StarCaps, when it was clear that long-pending suspensions would be served and a weekly trigger of 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday would determine whether that week would be the week.

The NFL is now distancing itself from this past practice in the Ezekiel Elliott case, telling league employee Tom Pelissero that there is no such rule. But Pelissero acknowledges that the Cowboys believe the deadline applies. (Per a league source, so does Elliott’s camp.)

As one source explained it to PF, the practice arose from concerns of fairness and competitive balance. Teams need to know who they will or won’t be putting on the field, and their opponents need to know who they will or won’t be facing.

It’s unclear why the NFL is suddenly abandoning this practice. Maybe the person most keenly aware of it wasn’t invited to the meeting
8 minutes until the ruling

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this getting reduced. Godell's authority has been questioned publically. The arbitrator will do what godell says. He'll it could be increased to 8 games.
It cannot be increased. If its dropped to 2 games and Elliott continues his argument in court it cannot be pushed back to 6. Thus, unless Elliott is happy with whatever Henderzon decides there's nothing stopping Elliott from continuing on. At this point all Elliott needs to fear is if he did abuse her and he's worried it might come out in a long court battle.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the NFL dragging its feet here help Elliott in his desire to at least put this suspension on hold?

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cannot be increased. If its dropped to 2 games and Elliott continues his argument in court it cannot be pushed back to 6. Thus, unless Elliott is happy with whatever Henderzon decides there's nothing stopping Elliott from continuing on. At this point all Elliott needs to fear is if he did abuse her and he's worried it might come out in a long court battle.

That or the NFL saying, "yeah nice argument... you still get x amount of games suspension" and it's enforced during a much more crucial part of the schedule.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elliott can somehow through the courts take away Goodells GOD Power its a win for all teams and players.

I hate to disagree with you but:
You are looking at this like the other owners want to take away Goodell's power. They don't.
Goodell has divided the NFL owners and conquered. He get's another 5 years in the office by pitting Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones against the other owners.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to disagree with you but:
You are looking at this like the other owners want to take away Goodell's power. They don't.
Goodell has divided the NFL owners and conquered. He get's another 5 years in the office by pitting Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones against the other owners.

Ask yourself this -- if the fans and players didn't have Goodell to blame, then who would they blame? The commissioner is there to take the brunt of hostility from fans and players and shield the owners from it. Sure, he has too much power but he also gets all the blame, which is beautiful if you're a billionaire that doesn't want to make difficult decisions about controversial issues and possibly alienate your employees or your customers.