• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the locals (Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star Telegram) have been fairly critical of him. You don't see the scribes here endorsing him or his actions. Pretty much a universal "grow up" stance.

One thing about the locals... not a lot of pom-poms. We're pretty fortunate to have quality writers here that avoid that.
And I think most of the fans are saying he needs to grow up too and realize he must be careful how he acts in the public eye based on the "other infractions". But, we're just biased:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good enough, he's a Cowboy so he MUST be convicted on flimsy evidence. The girl who accused him is an angle and completely trusteorthy.
It's not a court of law, so I'm good with "evidence" that isn't concrete and someone coming forward and saying they saw it, or a few broken tvs like the Giants players house, or something else. As of today I only see her word versus his. I'm not saying she is lying about everything even though the cops stated she gave conflicting information, but I am saying we should at the very least be very hesitant to believe her in full based on her actions

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think most of the fans are saying he needs to grow up too and realize he must be careful how he acts in the public eye based on the "other infractions". But, we're just biased:L

I resigned myself to the fact a long time ago that it goes with the territory of being a Cowboys fan. I just smile and know that with the exception of a few teams that we will soon supplant at the top of the most Super Bowl trophies, jealousy is simply a minor inconvenience we must deal with.

Especially from one corner of the football world...

EaglesSuperBowlTrophyCase.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a court of law, so I'm good with "evidence" that isn't concrete and someone coming forward and saying they saw it, or a few broken tvs like the Giants players house, or something else. As of today I only see her word versus his. I'm not saying she is lying about everything even though the cops stated she gave conflicting information, but I am saying we should at the very least be very hesitant to believe her in full based on her actions
This has been my stance all along. Shes not trustable.
If the NFL has legit evidence not tied to her the league needs to turn it over to the authorities.
If there wasn't texts about lying and blackmail I wouldn't be complaining about the suspension.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL stated they "interviewed dozens of witnesses, reviewed hundreds of text messages and social media communication" before coming to their decision.......I agree the total truth may lie somewhere in between, but I find it hard to believe they didnt come up with some strong circumstantial evidence, at the least

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL has legit evidence not tied to her the league needs to turn it over to the authorities.
If there wasn't texts about lying and blackmail I wouldn't be complaining about the suspension.
Correct, but we also can't act like we know for sure she is lying. But, most importantly even though the bar is lower to punish in the NFL than the courts, the onus is still on them to prove Elliott should be suspended, at least in their own eyes. I think something will come out of the appeal to sway me one way or the other.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the locals (Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star Telegram) have been fairly critical of him. You don't see the scribes here endorsing him or his actions. Pretty much a universal "grow up" stance.

One thing about the locals... not a lot of pom-poms. We're pretty fortunate to have quality writers here that avoid that.

If we assume the allegations to be true, can either of you answer this: How do you grow out of the habit of beating women? It seems like something one needs to do more than "grow up" from. If Elliott won't accept any wrongdoing, what are the chances of him growing up?

He certainly needs to grow up but I think he needs to do a whole lot more than that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL stated they "interviewed dozens of witnesses, reviewed hundreds of text messages and social media communication" before coming to their decision.......I agree the total truth may lie somewhere in between, but I find it hard to believe they didnt come up with some strong circumstantial evidence, at the least
And none of what those dozens of witnesses said found it's way into the 77 page report? Like I said above. I think some more facts come out of the appeal one way or the other. The NFL is taking a little heat on this and you can be darn sure they'll release statements that "prove" their case if they have them. Not because they have to, but because they will want to from a PR perspective.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we assume the allegations to be true, can either of you answer this: How do you grow out of the habit of beating women? It seems like something one needs to do more than "grow up" from. If Elliott won't accept any wrongdoing, what are the chances of him growing up?

He certainly needs to grow up but I think he needs to do a whole lot more than that.
One that's an assumption and two I don't know if you do. But, Perhaps you missed where I wrote "other infractions". i was very careful to word it that way. Don't twist what I said. I purposely left that out of my statement

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You
"He being Framed"

"The league is out to get the Giants"

"he's really a great guy"

"The women he beat up is trying to extort him"

Did i do it right?
You missed the part about Mara will get it reduced to a single game or less.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have a problem with your stance but I do disagree with it. For me it is about separating criminal and civil. Accepting that the NFLPA was stupid enough the give the jackass Goodell carte blanche power. That is just stupid.

I personally think Zeke is a moron. Why? Because he put himself in this position. There are several complaints against him. He should have realized he was dealing with crazy after the first time and moved on as fast as he can.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A person that beats on women cannot grow out of it. They have to accept that they have a problem and have the desire to change. They have to be willing to go to counseling to work on facilitating that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A person that beats on women cannot grow out of it. They have to accept that they have a problem and have the desire to change. They have to be willing to go to counseling to work on facilitating that.

They eventually end up as murderers (thats not a Zeke prediction), just the pattern of serial abusers

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did a Giants fan decide Elliot's suspension?

Okay. This is an impressive spin I didn't see coming.

btw - Goodell makes the decision on the suspension based on evidence provided to him. If you think that Friel would forge evidence that would sway Goodell's decision to suspend Elliott, or add games to the suspension, all because she's a Giants fan... then I really don't know what to tell you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. This is an impressive spin I didn't see coming.

btw - Goodell makes the decision on the suspension based on evidence provided to him. If you think that Friel would forge evidence that would sway Goodell's decision to suspend Elliott, or add games to the suspension, all because she's a Giants fan... then I really don't know what to tell you.
I thought Goodell said he didn't really make the call on this one and more went with the recommendation of the panel and didn't even attend the hearings?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, but we also can't act like we know for sure she is lying. But, most importantly even though the bar is lower to punish in the NFL than the courts, the onus is still on them to prove Elliott should be suspended, at least in their own eyes. I think something will come out of the appeal to sway me one way or the other.
True, but IMO I can't trust her in this matter.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Goodell said he didn't really make the call on this one and more went with the recommendation of the panel and didn't even attend the hearings?

I wasn't there. None of us were.

But I'm pretty sure he would analyze the evidence before making a decision.

Not to mention given the PR shitstorm he and the NFL suffered as soon as the Rice video surfaced... he's going to hand down a standard 6 game suspension for any domestic violence case from here on out.

Elliott will have his chance with an appeal. If everything Cowboys fans are saying is true he should have this case thrown out.

But chances are it'll be reduced to 2 or 4 games - like we've seen in the past.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a larger societal question that requires a more holistic discussion than just pointing the finger at Zeke or Rice or Hardy or any other man who feels compelled to hit a woman. I don't have an answer. I've never hit a woman. Ever. Nor would I. I was raised not to.