• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys FA news/rumors

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Allen

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have signed Jeremy Mincey DE and are close to signing McClain DT

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad news: The Jaguars cut Mincey after Week 14 before he caught on with the Broncos for the final few weeks of the season where he was reunited with defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio. The reason Mincey got his walking papers? The Jags questioned his work ethic after he missed several team meetings.
Neither Mincey nor Ware magically make the Cowboys defense something other than below-average (the unit ranked 30th in 2013, according to Football Outsiders), but both moves again raise questions about why owner Jerry Jones insists on making personnel decisions.

Not sure I like this deal even though its on the cheap.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to judge without seeing the $'s. If they are paid like backups (they will be) why not be happy if they are decent backups? This is the exact kind of signing I expect. We may have one splash to offset Ware, but other than that don't expect to get too many guys that you have heard a lot about.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Shouldn't have said "backups". I Should have said backup/rotation guys...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad news: The Jaguars cut Mincey after Week 14 before he caught on with the Broncos for the final few weeks of the season where he was reunited with defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio. The reason Mincey got his walking papers? The Jags questioned his work ethic after he missed several team meetings.
Neither Mincey nor Ware magically make the Cowboys defense something other than below-average (the unit ranked 30th in 2013, according to Football Outsiders), but both moves again raise questions about why owner Jerry Jones insists on making personnel decisions.

Yeah, both the guys they signed today are just live bodies

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trust Ron's...I mean Rob....I mean Rod's input on the type of players he's looking to land in Dallas

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as Allen .... I think we can hang it up

He wants Market value or he retires

We arent paying him 8-9 million a year ........ So in short NEXT

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as Allen .... I think we can hang it up

He wants Market value or he retires

We arent paying him 8-9 million a year ........ So in short NEXT

I wouldnt mind Shaun Phillips if the price is right

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind Shaun Phillips if the price is right

I look at it two ways

win mode now .....

We go talk to Peppers and Melton .... and say look compromise on 1-2 year deals ..... 3 million a year each ( not even going to get into the signing bonus and all that bullshit)
And say look we hold the 16th pick in the draft .... we will get you help on defense

then you take the other 3 million and say HEY STEVE SMITH you want to be a slot receiver .... we got ya hoss

you then have an offense that has Dez Williams Smith in the slot Witten OFC Murray ... and if Dunbar can stay healthy ... a Sproles like player ....

and you just tell your defense ..... hey keep us in the game ... we will score

OR

sign cheap guys for depth which is what we are doing so far ...... and realize it's time to eat contracts and rebuild .... Go ahead and trade Dez IF it puts you in position to replace him with Watkins and gain additional picks

But to me it is do one or the other 8-8 is old

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to judge without seeing the $'s. If they are paid like backups (they will be) why not be happy if they are decent backups? This is the exact kind of signing I expect. We may have one splash to offset Ware, but other than that don't expect to get too many guys that you have heard a lot about.

I was talking more about the character flaws than anything. I think I read he's getting a 2 year deal worth 4 million. The money part is fine, but he was let go by Jacksonville for weak work ethnics. Then again it was Jacksonville, guess its hard to get up for a team that flat out sucks. I'm not looking for a big splash, we don't need that at all.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it two ways

win mode now .....

We go talk to Peppers and Melton .... and say look compromise on 1-2 year deals ..... 3 million a year each ( not even going to get into the signing bonus and all that bullshit)
And say look we hold the 16th pick in the draft .... we will get you help on defense

then you take the other 3 million and say HEY STEVE SMITH you want to be a slot receiver .... we got ya hoss

you then have an offense that has Dez Williams Smith in the slot Witten OFC Murray ... and if Dunbar can stay healthy ... a Sproles like player ....

and you just tell your defense ..... hey keep us in the game ... we will score

OR

sign cheap guys for depth which is what we are doing so far ...... and realize it's time to eat contracts and rebuild .... Go ahead and trade Dez IF it puts you in position to replace him with Watkins and gain additional picks

But to me it is do one or the other 8-8 is old

It became win NOW mode, the moment Jerry extented Romo, I am of the mindset now since we lost Ware not to mention the rest of our Dline intended starters, to just scrap & rebuild. The only difference is I think Dez needs to be one of the main stays to build on......

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It became win NOW mode, the moment Jerry extented Romo"

and nothing has changed. Bet it all that jerry see's a 2/3 year window

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It became win NOW mode, the moment Jerry extented Romo"

and nothing has changed. Bet it all that jerry see's a 2/3 year window

And when it doesn't happen in 2 or 3 years, he will say the same thing again.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to just scrap & rebuild. The only difference is I think Dez needs to be one of the main stays to build on......

This is the only part I disagree on .....

Trade value isnt a Madden game .... we just released Ware .... and you saw what he got

If we are gonna rebuild .... Dez is the only player we have with trade value ...... In this draft ... You take it and circle the moon and don't look back

You cannot build a team around a receiver ...... it's never worked in the history of football

Sells Jerseys though

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone hates going back to the 90s Cowboys but Imma do it just to make this point

Hershal Walker DEMANDED the offense be built around him ......

2 weeks later his ass was out the door

and him out the door created a dynasty

Ultimate team sport ...... No one player makes or breaks a team If you gotta rebuild you take value when it is at it's max