• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could USC's loss to BC be seriously damaging to the PAC-12?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you should be charging us rent for how much we're living in tSEC's head right now. Bless your hearts.

Getting ridiculous how much tSEC is worried about how other conferences look in the OOC.

If they were that worried about other conferences, maybe just schedule them more?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it is just one game... but assuming Boston College is who we think they are (not that good), and USC is who we think they are (top 3 or 4 of the PAC-12), could this hurt the perception of the PAC-12 significantly?

I know if I were Oregon, I'd be hoping USC lost every PAC-12 game from here on out and redeemed themselves by smashing Notre Dame.
-------
Early season losses are less damaging not only to a team but the conference than late season losses. If Alabama would lose to W. Carolina in their next to last game, that would have a far more negative impact on not only "Bama but the SEC as a whole.

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it is just one game... but assuming Boston College is who we think they are (not that good), and USC is who we think they are (top 3 or 4 of the PAC-12), could this hurt the perception of the PAC-12 significantly?

It should. USC is an embarrassment to the Pac-12.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know if I were Oregon, I'd be hoping USC lost every PAC-12 game from here on out and redeemed themselves by smashing Notre Dame.

How would goin 0-fer in the Pac from here on out then smashing ND in the last regular season game be redeeming?

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching UCLA struggle and USC's loss, I don't think it bodes well for the conference.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if USC ends up being the best team in the PAC-12 and they were handled by a middling BC team, how can it not reflect poorly upon the other teams in the conference?

:wtf:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching UCLA struggle and USC's loss, I don't think it bodes well for the conference.

I'll never understand this argument at all.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it shouldn't, but ESPN is driving the conference crap into the ground. Teams lost their identity several years ago, now instead of XXXX playing XXXXX it's XXXX playing an SEC team, like they are all carbon copies of each other.
I don't know how many times over the weekend I heard stuff like. "what does this do for the PAC 12, or B12, or ACC when it comes to playoff discussion", come on people, let some of the season play out, the cream will rise to the top.

:agree: :clap:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it shouldn't, but ESPN is driving the conference crap into the ground. Teams lost their identity several years ago, now instead of XXXX playing XXXXX it's XXXX playing an SEC team, like they are all carbon copies of each other.
I don't know how many times over the weekend I heard stuff like. "what does this do for the PAC 12, or B12, or ACC when it comes to playoff discussion", come on people, let some of the season play out, the cream will rise to the top.

If someone came on CFB live and ripped into the resident retards for shilling out that garbage, I would stand and applaud.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will matter much. Because of the sanctions, we seem to be getting a bit of a pass. The media has talked a lot about our youth and lack of depth. In fact, the announcers that did the BC game kept bringing up so much that I found myself saying "stop with the fucking excuses and just give BC credit for playing a great game".

Point is, if it turns out that it's a bad season, the media is likely to blame it on the sanctions. If we end up with a great season, they'll talk about how great we were to be able to overcome the sanctions.

Either way, it won't have much effect on the rest of the conference.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I realize that a one loss SEC team will most likely get in over a BIG champ, and I don't care, because if OU runs the table they will get one of the four spots, I don't care who gets the other three. I'm just saying that teams have lost all identity, they are no longer Ala., LSU, OU, MSU etc, they are SEC, B12, Big10 teams. They act like a teams from one conference are all carbon copies of each other.

Fuck that noise. Fuck OU, Baylor can eat my ass and LOL at Coach Bro and TTECH sucking so bad......

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh most definitely.

Especially if you were one of those that so desperately craves the whole of your regionally-based amateur athletic conference to excel, just in case your team somehow gets left out in the cold by the new multi-headed monster that is the college football playoff committee. I mean what red-blooded American boy doesn't dream of someday loving an entire conference so much that he obsessively posts about all aspects of it day and night to complete strangers in some twisted play for attention and approval and acceptance in hopes that someday, someone will listen to him...pat him on the head and say "That's a goooooood boy". Oh a joyous day indeed awaits you I'm sure and I hope that when you find that which you seek, that you will come to the realization that your digital chicken scratch here is nothing more than that. Processed digital chicken feed used to feed more digital chickens until your downy coats are smooth and mite free. So hope against hope and cheer on other teams that you have no particular affiliation with in hopes that your brothers in deep-fried bromantic dominance can weasel as many teams into the playoff as possible making it so distasteful to the public at large that the whole immensity of amateur athletics has it's fragile little head dashed against the rocks never to breathe outside the marshlands again. Sleep tight my little man. And sweet dreams to you.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This right here ^^^^ and really, Mamba's been overrating and overhyping the fuck out of the Pac 12. As I said previously, there isn't an outright dominate conference right now.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here ^^^^ and really, Mamba's been overrating and overhyping the fuck out of the Pac 12. As I said previously, there isn't an outright dominate conference right now.

lol... I have?

Belittling the b1g is not hyping the PAC12 you dolt.

I am rogue brah. F team p12

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I have?

Belittling the b1g is not hyping the PAC12 you dolt.

I am rogue brah. F team p12

C'mon now, don't backtrack. You were claiming a few weeks back how the SEC and Pac 12 were both #1 and every other conference was much further down.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now, don't backtrack. You were claiming a few weeks back how the SEC and Pac 12 were both #1 and every other conference was much further down.

I have always maintained

1 SEC
2 PAC12
3 big12

And a coin flip between the other two.

For Now

4 ACC
5 b1g

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always maintained

1 SEC
2 PAC12
3 big12

For Now

4 ACC
5 b1g

I was just saying I still don't think there is a clear cut #1 conference. I think you can put the SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 on the same level then everybody else is further down. I think we can both agree the B1G isn't even top 5 right now.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im pretty sure everyone but you see's the clear cut #1

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always maintained

1 SEC
2 PAC12
3 big12

For Now

4 ACC
5 b1g

I was just saying I still don't think there is a clear cut #1 conference. I think you can put the SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 on the same level then everybody else is further down. I think we can both agree the B1G isn't even top 5 right now.

You must not know what a coin flip means.

Must be a texas thing.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...s-work-gives-ucla-ball-start-both-halves.html

Last edited by a moderator: