• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could USC's loss to BC be seriously damaging to the PAC-12?

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it is just one game... but assuming Boston College is who we think they are (not that good), and USC is who we think they are (top 3 or 4 of the PAC-12), could this hurt the perception of the PAC-12 significantly?

I know if I were Oregon, I'd be hoping USC lost every PAC-12 game from here on out and redeemed themselves by smashing Notre Dame.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why games are played. AT any given day a team that had no business winning actually wins. BC proved that the other day. This shouldn't show anything against the PAC 12

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why games are played. AT any given day a team that had no business winning actually wins. BC proved that the other day. This shouldn't show anything against the PAC 12

But if USC ends up being the best team in the PAC-12 and they were handled by a middling BC team, how can it not reflect poorly upon the other teams in the conference?

It's like if Tennessee goes undefeated in the SEC, their loss to Oklahoma would be quite a stain for the conference.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you should be charging us rent for how much we're living in tSEC's head right now. Bless your hearts.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you should be charging us rent for how much we're living in tSEC's head right now. Bless your hearts.

tennessee won more BCS championships than the entire pac-12 combined.

so i'd pump the breaks there, tenant.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RD, dont take my line:lol:

Notice its in Spanish with my username

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking back at the game plan. i think USC should have stacked up more against the run..especially with a unproven qb throwing the ball. they threw for something like 50 yards. we will see how BC does rest of year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if USC ends up being the best team in the PAC-12 and they were handled by a middling BC team, how can it not reflect poorly upon the other teams in the conference?

It's like if Tennessee goes undefeated in the SEC, their loss to Oklahoma would be quite a stain for the conference.

If Umass (I know never will happen, but just using them as an example) Beats Auburn yet Auburn wins it all.. does that really mean the conference was bad?

Heck, the Raiders win games over the Broncos at times, does that mean the Broncos conference sucks? NFL but still its a point

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone in the PAC12 elite is fearing USC. Stanford lost on fluky plays.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tennessee won more BCS championships than the entire pac-12 combined.

so i'd pump the breaks there, tenant.

Congrats on those. Very relevant subject to add to your argument.

il_340x270.602185320_6ben.jpg

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Umass (I know never will happen, but just using them as an example) Beats Auburn yet Auburn wins it all.. does that really mean the conference was bad?

Heck, the Raiders win games over the Broncos at times, does that mean the Broncos conference sucks? NFL but still its a point

well, it is just one game like I said... but we don't have that many data points when comparing teams between conferences... so if a team that wins or nearly wins your conference has questionable results in non-conference play, it certainly raises eyebrows.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It raises zero eyebrows except for yours. Oregon and USC don't play unless they meet in the CCG, and at that point winning the game will be more important than who the opponent is. Oregon is a top 5 team in just about everyone's polls. They just need to worry about winning their games.

There is stretching it then there's this thread.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Sakau/Taka's defeat make us distrust all Auburn fans?

I say YES!!!!!!

Ban them all!

:hammer:

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No it shouldn't, but ESPN is driving the conference crap into the ground. Teams lost their identity several years ago, now instead of XXXX playing XXXXX it's XXXX playing an SEC team, like they are all carbon copies of each other.
I don't know how many times over the weekend I heard stuff like. "what does this do for the PAC 12, or B12, or ACC when it comes to playoff discussion", come on people, let some of the season play out, the cream will rise to the top.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it shouldn't, but ESPN is driving the conference crap into the ground. Teams lost their identity several years ago, now instead of XXXX playing XXXXX it's XXXX playing an SEC team, like they are all carbon copies of each other.
I don't know how many times over the weekend I heard stuff like. "what does this do for the PAC 12, or B12, or ACC when it comes to playoff discussion", come on people, let some of the season play out, the cream will rise to the top.
You do realize that at least one conference champ from the Power5 conferences will not make it to the tournament. That is why you will continue to hear about what this does for this conference or that. Right now, as an example, I'd venture to bet that a one loss SEC champ goes to the tourney before an undefeated B1G champ. Why, because the B1G has been so horrible OOC this year that their conference wins would be discounted. Right or wrong, until we go to 8 teams, get used to it.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Sakau/Taka's defeat make us distrust all Auburn fans?

I say YES!!!!!!

Ban them all!

:hammer:

I'm pretty sure taka/sakau is also Gator.

If not, then someone has a Lorem Ipsum bot derived from Paul Finebaum's personal diary and they've turned it loose on the Hoop.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it is just one game... but assuming Boston College is who we think they are (not that good), and USC is who we think they are (top 3 or 4 of the PAC-12), could this hurt the perception of the PAC-12 significantly?

I know if I were Oregon, I'd be hoping USC lost every PAC-12 game from here on out and redeemed themselves by smashing Notre Dame.

If you were an Oregon fan you would be rooting for USC and claiming conference strength probably chanting PAC. One game out of conference opposite on tbe east coast. Albeit they were awful but they could still possibly win the PAC.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the advantage of being an independent. You don't have to root for anyone you don't like.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the advantage of being an independent. You don't have to root for anyone you don't like.
Keep thinking that when Notre Dame is riding like #5 or #6 in the polls and you are hoping like mad that someone steps up and beats numbers 2, 3 and 4.

Ha! I almost said that with a straight face . .

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You do realize that at least one conference champ from the Power5 conferences will not make it to the tournament. That is why you will continue to hear about what this does for this conference or that. Right now, as an example, I'd venture to bet that a one loss SEC champ goes to the tourney before an undefeated B1G champ. Why, because the B1G has been so horrible OOC this year that their conference wins would be discounted. Right or wrong, until we go to 8 teams, get used to it.

Yes I realize that a one loss SEC team will most likely get in over a BIG champ, and I don't care, because if OU runs the table they will get one of the four spots, I don't care who gets the other three. I'm just saying that teams have lost all identity, they are no longer Ala., LSU, OU, MSU etc, they are SEC, B12, Big10 teams. They act like a teams from one conference are all carbon copies of each other.