• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Coop take over Brandon's Coop?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat serious, if Cooper has good coverage skills ( he has graded well so far on PFF) and his size is excellent, it may give us a far more interesting battle with Denver's WR's. Flowers ( Don't get me wrong, he is an excellent corner, but it may be worth experimenting with Coop(er) for a couple of games) would play nickel and bury Dunta ( who has been horrible as expected according to PFF) and this just makes the secondary, in theory, have much more upside as a Demaryius Thomas is no longer an obnoxious physical mismatch with a guy with Coop's size.

Am I not getting enough sleep... again? High? Drunk? OR is this an idea worth exploring?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i AM with your thought process. here's the thing with Brandon Flowers. he DOES have excellent cover skills, but he's usually slower than a lot of receivers out there, he's 5'9", and let's face it, he's been dinged up a LOT over his career. i'd have no problem with at least a bit of experimentation as you called it. maybe it's part of coach Reid's thought process, too...

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definately been a great find. Who'd have thought a Rutgers CB? He may be playing with a chip on his shoulder too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definately been a great find. Who'd have thought a Rutgers CB? He may be playing with a chip on his shoulder too.

Yeah, that is what I was saying to myself as well, the craziest part is he has been a WR (gee, I wonder why!) for almost his entire football life. It is remarkable he has done so well so far with virtually no experience at CB (probably why he was buried in the draft) against NFL talent. The kid certainly deserves some respect. Hopefully we get see what I proposed given our mostly cake schedule prior to Denver.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, he got another one today. Looks like he's here to stay! They need Flowers back soon though.:clap:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know another one today!Flowers may not get his spot back!:laugh3:

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I and a lot of other 49er fans are really ticked with Harbaugh and the front office thought they could sneek him though waivers. They have lost three high quality players that way already this season. Harbaugh never had to deal with a 53 man roster or waivers in college and I fear he is highly inept in that aspect of coaching. Well our loss is your gain. Well you guys getting stuck with AJ sort of makes up for it a bit. In that way our loss ( actually a gain ) is your loss also.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I and a lot of other 49er fans are really ticked with Harbaugh and the front office thought they could sneek him though waivers. They have lost three high quality players that way already this season. Harbaugh never had to deal with a 53 man roster or waivers in college and I fear he is highly inept in that aspect of coaching. Well our loss is your gain. Well you guys getting stuck with AJ sort of makes up for it a bit. In that way our loss ( actually a gain ) is your loss also.

Well, AJ will see the field I guess with our horrid WR's.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to PFF, Cooper is the 8th best Corner in the league. You don't go to the Coop and get the football.

Opposing QBR when thrown at is 15.7

Pretty legit...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper had a CRUCIAL PD in the endzone that ended up saving the game for us! Making a big impact every week.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers is pretty much a long standing joke in NJ, but I'm glad they contributed the COOOP to KC.:suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets' Richardson the top rookie at the halfway point - CBSSports.com

CB Marcus Cooper, Chiefs
The third-to-last pick of the 2013 NFL Draft (No. 252 overall), Cooper didn't make the 49ers active roster in camp, but he signed with the Chiefs, found the field and has performed well. He is the only player on this All-Rookie team who wasn't drafted in the first three rounds last April.

Top rookie CB through four weeks: Xavier Rhodes, Vikings

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP! That is all.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper had some plays where he definitely got beat, but he more than made up for a couple hiccups as the game went along today. Solid performance from Coop yet again.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper had some plays where he definitely got beat, but he more than made up for a couple hiccups as the game went along today. Solid performance from Coop yet again.

No doubt. One thing about this kid, he works hard, and he learns from his mistakes. Gotta love this kid and the coaches for finding this diamond in the rough...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. One thing about this kid, he works hard, and he learns from his mistakes. Gotta love this kid and the coaches for finding this diamond in the rough...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper on Decker in two weeks.

Flowers on Welker

Smith on D Thomas

Berry+ X linebacker on J.Thomas