• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could someone explain to me that out of bounds review?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I assume went down.

Group of officials get together. They all watch the video. Group works like a jury in that they need all members to be on the same page.

One doucher says "I can't see no evidence dat no ball went off of da bwue team."

Other refs say, "Okay, we don't all agree that the ball went off of Duke. We must stay with the original call."

I thought this would be the case but if u watched the nit championship game the ball clearly goes off of Miami. the refs go and review it. every replay shows it going off of Miami and they overturn it to Miami's ball. replay just isn't working in college bball

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The non charge call was also BS, don't get me wrong there is no team I dislike more than Wisconsin but they got hosed in this one IMO. Oh and I lost 1000 hoop cash dammit!
Damnit dude! Path! Dark Side! Listen to me people!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs just weren't good. I don't think they were favoring Duke or payed off lol or anything like that. I don't have a problem with inconsistencies, and other issues in game because I think it has to be so hard to officiate.

But, when you have a replay system in place that cannot get the call correct something needs to be addressed. There is no excuse for that. If 5 people watch that replay all 5 should agree that it's out of bounds of Duke. There shouldn't be a replay system in place if it's not going to get the job done and just slows the game down. Or it should be done differently. But the current system sucks.

The refs didn't give Duke the game. They may have made it a little easier for Duke to take it, but it wasn't handed to them. And Wisconsin had a chance to win and didn't.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a make up call from the calls they got against UK

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming they didn't have the super slo mo zoom in real crazy close look we did.

If not, pretty shitty attempt at replay.

(Replay should be eliminated in every sport. It just creates more factually based bitching. I prefer old school bitching.)

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did appear to me that Winslow got a fingernail to it. However the officials deemed it not enough to overturn and by rule the call had to stand.

In what fucking world is it, "not enough"? that call should have been overturned. plainly obvious. I say :bullshit:when the refs have access to SEE the truth and refuse to make the correct call. complete BS.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what fucking world is it, "not enough"? that call should have been overturned. plainly obvious. I say :bullshit:when the refs have access to SEE the truth and refuse to make the correct call. complete BS.

again, we don't know the angles they saw or what they saw

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the wrong call. Certainly can't claim, however, that it changed the outcome. Really wanted WI to win, but Duke was just the better team.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs be like...

10437509.jpg

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you're a homer. The ball going off of winslows finger was far from obvious and wasn't close enough to overturn the call.

It was the right call after review of the replay.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you're a homer. The ball going off of winslows finger was far from obvious and wasn't close enough to overturn the call.

It was the right call after review of the replay.
If they can't use replay to overturn this call, they should eliminate replay altogether.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ball was initially called Wisky's I would be saying the same thing. There wasn't enough evidence to support overturning the on court call.

I watched that replay a dozen times right along with everyone else and the guys calling the game were not sure and eventually landed on "well it looks like he touched it...maybe". Very weak.

No way should have that call been overturned.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe stop letting old people ref games? Lack of good eyesight is the only explanation I have as to what happened on the replay.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ball was initially called Wisky's I would be saying the same thing. There wasn't enough evidence to support overturning the on court call.

I watched that replay a dozen times right along with everyone else and the guys calling the game were not sure and eventually landed on "well it looks like he touched it...maybe". Very weak.

So what are your thoughts on them changing a (clearly correct) call against Arizona last year? (1:22:00 here).

How comes this presumption of calls being correct only seems to exist when it is fucking over Wisconsin?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are your thoughts on them changing a (clearly correct) call against Arizona last year? (1:22:00 here).

How comes this presumption of calls being correct only seems to exist when it is fucking over Wisconsin?

I would hate to be an official. Even with replay's, you just can't tell. That said...my take is this:

The initial call was ruled WI ball. But it looked to me in the clip at 1:22:01 that the ball went off of white. And then again at 1:22:54 again it looks like it went off of the AZ players hand.

But they overturn the call and say it's AZ ball. I don't see it that way but I'm not sure the point you are trying to make.

If your looking for continuity on every decision...that's never going to happen when humans are invovled. Holding officials accountable for that call or the call last night is simply ignorance or inability to place ones self in the place of the officials.

No matter what call is made, half of the fans will be pissed and don't have a clue why other than the call went against their team. That is the case last night. That is a 50/50 call and no matter what...nobody is right.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. The ball was off Winslow. Look at the game thread everyone knew the ball was off Winslow. Even the Duke fan in this thread is agreeing it went off Winslow. The announcers were shocked that Duke was given the ball. It's not a coincidence that his finger moved and the ball rotated differently. If they don't have the ability to use the camera angles that are available to people all across the world then there is absolutely no reason to have a replay system. None.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the damn play replayed dozens of times and there is no right answer. Now quit hating on duke and look forward to a damn good season next year. I expect UNC to be in the drivers seat next year.

Duke won...Wisconsin lost. It's over and what everyone is bitching about has been going on forever and there is no way to fix it other than a permanent replay system and 4 hour halfs of basketball.

A call was made and that makes it the right call.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refereeing a game is a tough job, not everything is uniform. Some officials call a tighter game, some let the players play, some focus more on one thing while others focus more on other stuff. The problem with sports in which rules are up for interpretation is that they are then interpreted by people and people are generally not that smart.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the damn play replayed dozens of times and there is no right answer. Now quit hating on duke and look forward to a damn good season next year. I expect UNC to be in the drivers seat next year.

Duke won...Wisconsin lost. It's over and what everyone is bitching about has been going on forever and there is no way to fix it other than a permanent replay system and 4 hour halfs of basketball.

A call was made and that makes it the right call.

The solution is absolutely not permanent replay system. The solution is to eliminate it altogether. The call was clearly wrong regardless of what team you support. You can say there isn't a right answer but everyone on here saw it go of Winslow. Everyone except you thinks that the ball changing the way it's rotating and Winslows finger moving is evidence. Do i think that's why Duke won? No. I'm not on here to complain about one call. I'm on here because blowing that call is a perfect example of why instant replay should not be in place, or should be drastically altered. this is not the first time we've seen instant replay been screwed up.