• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cotto is clearly scared of GGG

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys catch his post fight interview tonight?

He seem so ready and it actually seems like he is ready to fight Canelo but when that GGG question came up he sounded really scared

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a combination of things, #1 he will get way more money fighting Canelo as opposed to GGG #2 he doesn't consider himself a middleweight. Why fight someone bigger and stronger for less money?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canelo and GGG are pretty much the same size, so throw the size argument out the window. As for strength, if you saw the Kirkland fight I'm not sure Alverez is too far behind Golovkin in that department either. And as for money, Cotto is paying Gennady 7 figures to NOT fight him. GGG is the mandatory challenger, so if Cotto doesn't fight him, he gets stripped of the belt. Except that it's a big enough fight that the organization wanted to let the winner keep the belt, and hence keep it lineal. So they organized the negotiations with GGG getting a "step aside bonus" to let those 2 fight. I haven't heard what the actual amount is, or if he might even get a % cut of the fight. But I have heard it's at least 7 figures.

You don't pay a million dollars (or more) to not fight somebody unless you're scared shitless of them. That's as simple and as plain as it can be.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canelo and GGG are pretty much the same size, so throw the size argument out the window. As for strength, if you saw the Kirkland fight I'm not sure Alverez is too far behind Golovkin in that department either. And as for money, Cotto is paying Gennady 7 figures to NOT fight him. GGG is the mandatory challenger, so if Cotto doesn't fight him, he gets stripped of the belt. Except that it's a big enough fight that the organization wanted to let the winner keep the belt, and hence keep it lineal. So they organized the negotiations with GGG getting a "step aside bonus" to let those 2 fight. I haven't heard what the actual amount is, or if he might even get a % cut of the fight. But I have heard it's at least 7 figures.

You don't pay a million dollars (or more) to not fight somebody unless you're scared shitless of them. That's as simple and as plain as it can be.

Whatever the amount is, it's still a drop in the bucket compared to what he'd get fighting Canelo. Yeah, GGG's getting paid, but whoever wins Canelo-Cotto has to fight him anyway. Do you think he's going to lose to Canelo on purpose in order to avoid GGG? :L

GGG is still slightly bigger than Canelo and I've already stated that Canelo is the better all-around fighter, not exactly sure what the point of your post was.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, someone is going to have to fight GGG. Maybe Cotto can wait until GGG is way past his prime and then fight him. Worked for Floyd.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the amount is, it's still a drop in the bucket compared to what he'd get fighting Canelo. Yeah, GGG's getting paid, but whoever wins Canelo-Cotto has to fight him anyway. Do you think he's going to lose to Canelo on purpose in order to avoid GGG? :L

GGG is still slightly bigger than Canelo and I've already stated that Canelo is the better all-around fighter, not exactly sure what the point of your post was.

Canelo is a better all around fighter? Canelo is a counter puncher with plenty of power but he does not stay in a rhythm when he fights. His punching output is inconsistent and he gets into the rounds were the output drops.
And that is because he punches too hard for too long trying to get the big body shot. And that actually worked on Kirkland.

But GGG is bacically the opposite. Much more controlled strategy. GGG gives you constant high volume body shots that is designed to pay off in the later rounds. He has a better jab with better head movement.

Not to sure many would see Canelo as the better boxer.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canelo is a better all around fighter? Canelo is a counter puncher with plenty of power but he does not stay in a rhythm when he fights. His punching output is inconsistent and he gets into the rounds were the output drops.
And that is because he punches too hard for too long trying to get the big body shot. And that actually worked on Kirkland.

But GGG is bacically the opposite. Much more controlled strategy. GGG gives you constant high volume body shots that is designed to pay off in the later rounds. He has a better jab with better head movement.

Better head movement? We clearly ain't seeing things the same way.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one of a few rounds I've seen Canelo win just off head movement alone. Showboating for the judges.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, there was definitely a reason I didn't ever respond to that. If you can look at the sky, then look at the grass and somehow insist to me that the sky is green...

I just... I mean I... I can't even... really, I just can't even.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there was definitely a reason I didn't ever respond to that. If you can look at the sky, then look at the grass and somehow insist to me that the sky is green...

I just... I mean I... I can't even... really, I just can't even.

I have a different opinion than you, no need to get your panties bunched.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to this Trout is some trash.

That's fair, at the time Trout was undefeated though. Trout said himself that he was impressed with Canelo's head movement.

And with all due respect, GGG's competition hasn't exactly been jaw-dropping either.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, at the time Trout was undefeated though. Trout said himself that he was impressed with Canelo's head movement.

And with all due respect, GGG's competition hasn't exactly been jaw-dropping either.
agreed

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys catch his post fight interview tonight?

He seem so ready and it actually seems like he is ready to fight Canelo but when that GGG question came up he sounded really scared

Heh. Can you blame him? Triple G is a monster.