• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CORA GONE

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, like all good things, this too came to an end. Critics say @Cyder jumped the shark trying to portray the thick broad next to Madonna

giphy.gif

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybr illiterate Joe was too dumb to figure out how to lose a game?

Ty Cobb stopped by Joe's liquor store later in life....as Jackson was getting him checked out, Ty finally yelled, "Joe, you must know who I am!!"
Joe replied, "Ty, I didn't think you would want to talk to me"

Cobb and Tris Speaker were also involved in a game fixing scandal that was quickly hushed up after the two agreed to resign their managerial positions.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not clear how much Joe was in on the fix, but he definitely knew about it. I did read one account that said Jackson tried to alert Comiskey and Charlie just had him shooed away by a secretary.
I heard he gave Jackson a crossword puzzle and left him for days

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ty Cobb stopped by Joe's liquor store later in life....as Jackson was getting him checked out, Ty finally yelled, "Joe, you must know who I am!!"

Cobb and Tris Speaker were also involved in a game fixing scandal that was quickly hushed up after the two agreed to resign their managerial positions.
Sad how their legacies were labeled. About as bad as being portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones and Ray Liota

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, like all good things, this too came to an end. Critics say @Cyder jumped the shark trying to portray the thick broad next to Madonna

giphy.gif

I was over compensating for that Summer I spent performing as the Construction worker in the Village People reboot and went for a more masculine role.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always assumed he was too dumb to understand he was supposed to not play well.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were tantalized with free raccoon coats and tickets on the Duluth Limited PLUS dining car you would have turned on your own mother
Any baseball team that put me in the field was begging to lose.

I'm being too modest, I caught for a NABA NW Chicago Suburbs pennant winning team and was behind the plate for a no hitter.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Jackson hit .375 in the 1919 World Series and made no errors. Maybe he didn’t know he was supposed to suck. No one was telling him what pitches were coming either.
I cant stress to you enough how little that has to do with the question.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stress to you enough how little that has to do with the question.
You are right, however. The Astros were trying to win at least, unlike a handful of the 1919 White Sox. The Astros are just massive assholes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me surprised

Not... it was coming. Hilarious how one day the Red Sox are like, "we wait to rush to judgement until AFTER the investigation before we decide what to do"

To

"Screw that, you're out"

I did fully expect him to be fired

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest part of this whole scandal is the Mets in typical fashion somehow got roped into this.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Houston shit-canned their GM and Manager, The Red Sox had no choice but to follow suit with Cora.
What astonishes me is how did they think they were going to keep this a secret? The first disgruntled player who got cut or traded would surely spill the beans. I'm stunned at how stupid these guys were.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know.

This has Mitchell Report possibilities.

The more names that drop, the more names that will be dropped.

The guys who were cheating learned it from somewhere.

The ones who taught them learned it from somewhere.

And so forth.

The Astros are just the tip of the iceberg.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is such a ridiculous sport.
Honestly a year without any kind of cheating with make more headlines at this point. It's the dirtiest sport in the country and has the most taint. It was America's game when I was a kid, but has fallen from grace.

Pete Rose is still banned from the game... for making bets on his own team to win. That's it. Nothing that impacted the game, made no mockery of records, didn't cause other teams to unfairly lose, and yet he's the devil.

From Clemons to Cora there's a streak a mile wide of names that have left a wake of destruction that did impact others.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly a year without any kind of cheating with make more headlines at this point. It's the dirtiest sport in the country and has the most taint. It was America's game when I was a kid, but has fallen from grace.
Pete Rose is still banned from the game... for making bets on his own team to win. That's it. Nothing that impacted the game, made no mockery of records, didn't cause other teams to unfairly lose, and yet he's the devil.
From Clemons to Cora there's a streak a mile wide of names that have left a wake of destruction that did impact others.
The big thing was that Rose was the manager and would be tempted to make game choices to support his bets rather than with the view of winning a pennant in mind. He might, say, use his closer with a substantial lead in a game he had bet on the Reds to win and then not have him available for a closer game the next day in which he would really be needed.
My big beef with Rose was that he played himself when he wasn't helping the team to extend his hit total and kept talented young guys from getting established.