• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats from a Rangers Fan!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to stop by and say congrats for your team being back in the playoffs. Your team is a great story this year and most certainly deserves to be back in the big dance. I have adopted the Orioles as my 2nd favorite AL team, especially considering the number of really nice guys they now have who used to be Rangers. Davis, Strop, Hunter, and Teagarden were all class acts with the Rangers and it's good that they're back in the postseason where they belong. I will be cheering for the Orioles to win against anyone AL or NL except for my Rangers.

As fans, you guys have had to suffer long enough while the Yankees, Red Sox, and even Rays made the postseason every year. Now it's your turn to have some fun again. Sweep the Rays, win the division, beat Detroit, and then hopefully your O's and my Rangers can meet up for the right to go to the World Series.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, thanks WilltheThrill!

Congratulations on the Rangers making the playoffs as well. To some degree, it must already feel like you're getting a primer on the postseason with the number of important intradivision games you've been playing. I've had a chance to read some of your gameday threads in the past week and it sure seems like the Rangers have shown resiliency when things look down. Classic case of a team pulling itself up by its bootstraps when things aren't going their way.

I'm a little torn as to who I'd like my O's to play for the AL championship. Naturally, the Yankees have been detested by us O's fans for a long time, but this has been a different kind of year for them. They haven't seemed like the Big Spending Monsters running away with the division this year.. in some respects, they've reminded me of my team, as incredulous as that may sound. I think I'd really love to play your team as they've been the class of the conference for a few years now, and they have a classy feel in their own right. Also, because of recent trades between your team and mine, I'd love to see the former players get a chance to square off against their former teams. I hope Koji has been a good pick up for you guys... I hated to lose him last year, but you don't get something for nothing. And Chris Davis has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise for us, aside from some misgivings by O's fans earlier in the season. I'm very happy to have him playing for us.

And you can't say enough about a matchup of wits between Ron and Buck. Two managers in the AL that I have a lot of respect for.

Enjoy the ride.. it looks like the remainder of your season might be as exciting as ours, though I'm sure you'd like to nip that in the bud by monday, lol. Hopefully see you deep in to the postseason!